Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sloppy victory
Alot of dumb penalties and unforced errors especially on special teams. We were lucky the team we played against made more. I'm happy with the win, but we will need to be more disciplined to beat the Chiefs next week.
Reply/Quote
True, true...

...but the best teams can “win ugly” if necessary and that’s what the Bengals did today. In fact, I take back some of the criticism I’ve leveled at Zac Taylor. He called a good game today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We played a very good team on the road and beat them.

Of Course it was never going to be perfect.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: True, true...

...but the best teams can “win ugly” if necessary and that’s what the Bengals did today.  In fact, I take back some of the criticism I’ve leveled at Zac Taylor.  He called a good game today.

I agree Taylor did call a good game today. the wind field and officiating all attributed some as well
Reply/Quote
Road win against a division leader. Nothing else matters. Won three straight without Chase. Now KC isn’t as big.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We played a very tough physical division leader in their house. Did it without Ja'Marr Chase and won a game we absolutely needed to win.

Will take that any day and be happy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We played a very tough physical division leader in their house. Did it without Ja'Marr Chase and won a game we absolutely needed to win.

Exactly Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Alot of dumb penalties and unforced errors especially on special teams. We were lucky the team we played against made more. I'm happy with the win, but we will need to be more disciplined to beat the Chiefs next week.

And overcome them on the road to one of the hottest teams in the entire league. They were 5-1 in their last 6 games. To out rush them and nullify Henry is the big picture plus an impressive drive (6-75) to take a 20-13 lead in the fourth.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Sloppy? Please. It was spectacular.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We played a very tough physical division leader in their house. Did it without Ja'Marr Chase and won a game we absolutely needed to win.

No joke
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Do you realize how hard it is to beat anyone 3 times in a row? Let alone a red hot 1st place team.

Reply/Quote
The special teams holding penalties need fixed. They held when there weren't even returns. Can't start drives consistently from inside 10.

But, that was a playoff style game. And we won!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you realize how hard it is to beat anyone 3 times in a row? Let alone a red hot 1st place team.

True that. Great win!

I feel like we're build well to play against a team like Tenn. Tannehill doesn't scare me.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We played a very tough physical division leader in their house. Did it without Ja'Marr Chase and won a game we absolutely needed to win.

Damn rights and I never got to see a lot of those penalties, they didn't even show them. Makes me question the calls.

That team we played today is probably the most physical team in the NFL and we outplayed them physically.

No reason to criticize it cause it was a little sloppy, the best teams win these games. It was a statement game by us.

We are for real and can beat anybody and anywhere. The Chiefs get a shitty Rams team to play today, will be a major 
step up for them when they come to our house where we beat them last year while Burrow and Chase broke records.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: True that. Great win!

I feel like we're build well to play against a team like Tenn. Tannehill doesn't scare me.

Yep. We match up well against them with Reader out there. I have to admit I was a bit worried about Simmons wrecking the game, but the OL was pretty great.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. We match up well against them with Reader out there. I have to admit I was a bit worried about Simmons wrecking the game, but the OL was pretty great.

Simmons had that one great play late on Volson but other than that I didn't see much of him. Great job by our interior.

Ted and Cappa are just as solid as you can get and Volson is learning. Still a very good rookie IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. We match up well against them with Reader out there. I have to admit I was a bit worried about Simmons wrecking the game, but the OL was pretty great.

Yep. And we were without Chase and Mixon. And still won. Might be the biggest takeaway for me.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:58 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: We played a very good team on the road and beat them.

Of Course it was never going to be perfect.

Tennessee are a very 'AFC North' type team at the moment as well. We should know very well that those sorts of games are always anything but clean.

It's a brilliant win. If we want to make the playoffs I think we needed to win this one, and we did. Pressure off next week's game a bit now, but also absolutely no reason we shouldn't believe in ourselves against KC.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Alot of dumb penalties and unforced errors especially on special teams. We were lucky the team we played against made more. I'm happy with the win, but we will need to be more disciplined to beat the Chiefs next week.

Ridiculous thread.

Here, i'll show you how to redeem it.

The Bengals are the ONLY road team with a win so far today. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And we were without Chase and Mixon. And still won. Might be the biggest takeaway for me.

And Chido.

Reply/Quote