Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sloppy victory
(11-27-2022, 11:57 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Two calls that REALLY got me going without a replay….

1- offensive PI on a simple route to Hurst. There didn’t seem to be a rub or anything.

2- 3rd and 1 (really it was inches). I don’t know that I’ve ever seen holding calls on such a short quick play.

These two calls realllllly pissed me off.

agree.  I caught a glimpse of the so called hold on collins which is to your point 2 i believe, it was a bad angle and on twitter, but it appeared to be a very bad call and not worth ruining a drive over.  Never saw any of the punt return fouls replayed.  The Evans one was a dumb move by him though. 
Reply/Quote
We held Henry to 38 yards and you're bitching? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Alot of dumb penalties and unforced errors especially on special teams. We were lucky the team we played against made more. I'm happy with the win, but we will need to be more disciplined to beat the Chiefs next week.

Calling holding on two punt returns (which, like on a normal play, could likely be called every snap) when whiny Vrabel was having a meeting with the officials after every damn play.  The personal foul for hit out of bounds was also BS because the Titan's player was making no effort to come back in bounds, also a penalty. 

I thought the team played a very disciplined game with a couple pathetic whining-initiated calls for whiny Vrabel.  Never seen him act like that. Very Harbaugh-esque.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Alot of dumb penalties and unforced errors especially on special teams. We were lucky the team we played against made more. I'm happy with the win, but we will need to be more disciplined to beat the Chiefs next week.

Pretty uncharacteristic of this team so I'm willing to throw this one out.

On the bright side, all of that and they still gutted out the win on road without 2 of their stud players out to a team that had won 7 of its last 8 games. 

Very impressive. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Sloppy? Please. It was spectacular.

This
Reply/Quote

You are entitled to your opinion, and I won't be as mean or hateful as many on this site like to be.   However you just made my case why I started a thread saying what a great win this was by Bengals.   Now I was told my thread wasn't needed. I can say your thread isn't needed and add nobody's threads are really needed, but I won't.  You are entitled to your thread thinking it was a sloppy win.  I was entitled to my thread saying it was a great play-off type win against AFC South Champs by our AFC Champ Bengals.  The thought and thread police clique groups on here must know their threads are not works of art either.  I don't agree the game was sloppy, but you are entitled to your thread, just as I'm entitled to have a thread saying what a great win it was. 

GO BENGALS...... Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: True, true...

...but the best teams can “win ugly” if necessary and that’s what the Bengals did today. In fact, I take back some of the criticism I’ve leveled at Zac Taylor. He called a good game today.

Since Chase has been out,it has forced Zac Taylor to be a little more creative,and involve Irwin and Taylor,and Williams into the scheme.As a result,they’re not as predictable on Offense as they used to be,and the play calling has improved.

That was an excellent win.The Titans are a good football team.They were on a roll,winning 7 of there last 8 games.This Bengals team is peaking at the right time,and everyone is getting healthy.The OL is finally coming together.Probably their best game of the year.Defense is Phenomenal.

Fasten your seatbelts.Hear we come!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm impressed with this win. It was an important one. Going on the road against a team with a great run game, some of our guys out. You don't expect it to be a flawless performance filled with finesse plays. It was going to get messy. But they played exactly as they needed to play. Zac has been doing an excellent job these past 2 weeks getting backups involved and finding ways to win. And the team on the field is gelling and coming together and gritting it out. Overcoming and making a potentially bad day a win is big for morale and standings.

It might have been sloppy, but it's exactly what they needed yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:24 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I know this does not mean we will win against KC, but that team we beat ugly took KC to OT with their backup QB in KC. I also believe Simmons was out that game. These are tough wins, and we are currently 3-1 against AFC  playoff teams.

Nice post Rubekahn, I like our chances. People could argue that we just beat the better team, we will see.
Reply/Quote
The most sloppy thing in the game was the officials.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote