Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smack Talk Scoreboard....
Any chance we can get the adm. to add a Smack Talk scoreboard like the last site had? I'd love to relive the moment it's taken down when things don't work out according to expectations.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 02:11 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Any chance we can get the adm. to add a Smack Talk scoreboard like the last site had? I'd love to relive the moment it's taken down when things don't work out according to expectations.

Gotta tell ya...for having three posts at this point that one is an all time classic.

Kudos!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 02:11 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Any chance we can get the adm. to add a Smack Talk scoreboard like the last site had? I'd love to relive the moment it's taken down when things don't work out according to expectations.

Steelers fan, living in the past.

Color me surprised. :GMDinoeyeroll:

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 02:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Gotta tell ya...for having three posts at this point that one is an all time classic.

Kudos!

Are you trying to say you have no idea who that is?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 03:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Steelers fan, living in the past.

Color me surprised. :GMDinoeyeroll:
Some could see it that way. Others would think I'm looking towards the future....
Reply/Quote
I got your scoreboard right here.... Dork.

Bengals 16

Steelers 10

That didn't go according to your expectations.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 03:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you trying to say you have no idea who that is?

Confused

Um...yes?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 08:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Confused

Um...yes?

I was "retired" so many times on these boards even I have a hard time figuring out who I was.  Your confusion is justified my friend....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:01 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Some could see it that way. Others would think I'm looking towards the future....

Already threw in the towel on this season ? Next September is a ways away, maybe there's hope for your other team ?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Already threw in the towel on this season ? Next September is a ways away, maybe there's hope for your other team ?

I think you're sadly mistaken my friend.  I've posted a/o visited these boards since the beginning. Watching you guys meltdown time and time again after high expectations was never a figment of my imagination throughout the years. To be honest, its the reason I came back. With an 8-0 start I figured this years edition of the "Bengal implosion" will be epic. Not something I really wanted to miss...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:01 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Some could see it that way. Others would think I'm looking towards the future....

Only problem is, the future has the Bengals becoming the dominant team in the division, while the Steelers fight towards mediocrity for the next decade or so. 

Anyway...i still don't know how the scoreboard worked. I don't remember ever seeing it. Back in '05 i used to peruse the boards as unregged. When i finally registered, i recall the names of Steelman and ASmith being the main ones that stood out (for no particular reason) to me, back then.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: I got your scoreboard right here.... Dork.

I received the banhammer sometime around 2006. Even then I don't believe "dork" was considered grade A smack. Purely speculating tho...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:11 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: I received the banhammer sometime around 2006. Even then I don't believe "dork" was considered grade A smack. Purely speculating tho...

A well placed 'dork' is always good.

That's what she said. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only problem is, the future has the Bengals becoming the dominant team in the division, while the Steelers fight towards mediocrity for the next decade or so. 

You took this straight from the 2005 Bengal smack playbook. Ya'll dusted it off several times after that throughout the years. So  really, you have to forgive me when I chuckle having now seen it yet again...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:18 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: You took this straight from the 2005 Bengal smack playbook. Ya'll dusted it off several times after that throughout the years. So  really, you have to forgive me when I chuckle having now seen it yet again...

Just helping you along on your trip down memory lane. 

But, yeah. This time it's for real. I don't know about all those other n00bs, but when i say something, it's the troof.

Reply/Quote
Entertaining a troll is entertaining. Keep it up guys. I like to laugh. :)
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:25 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Entertaining a troll is entertaining.  Keep it up guys. I like to laugh.   :)

Unfortunately for you, I won't be around very long... Confused

But good news, I hear Priest, Lumbee Indian, Preacher, Dirty South, mrs.johnstownsteel, 301,BaileytheKid and a few others are thinking about coming back to witness the epic meltdown at seasons end.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only problem is, the future has the Bengals becoming the dominant team in the division, while the Steelers fight towards mediocrity for the next decade or so. 

Is this like when Chad Johnson compared the Steelers / Bengals to black & white / color television?

That was a decade ago and my memory is foggy. Mellow

(11-08-2015, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyway...i still don't know how the scoreboard worked. I don't remember ever seeing it. Back in '05 i used to peruse the boards as unregged. When i finally registered, i recall the names of Steelman and ASmith being the main ones that stood out (for no particular reason) to me, back then.

It worked like you'd imagine. When the Bengals won they "scored". Until sometime in 2006 when they lost more than they won and it mysteriously got taken down. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:31 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Unfortunately for you, I won't be around very long... Confused

You can see my tears falling like those of Raven's and Brown's fans tears fall upon their season.  They are raining down. Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:31 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Unfortunately for you, I won't be around very long... Confused

But good news, I hear Priest, Lumbee Indian, Preacher, Dirty South, mrs.johnstownsteel, 301,BaileytheKid and a few others are thinking about coming back to witness the epic meltdown at seasons end.

This isn't the old board. As long as you don't go overboard, they're not going to ban you for the past. 

Reply/Quote