Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest Crowd in PBS History
The people have spoken Brown Family!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The people have spoken Brown Family!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And that was tickets purchased.  Butts in seats looked about 25k, if that.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Did we think a new coaching staff would put butts in seats?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did we think a new coaching staff would put butts in seats?

Only if they actually joined us in the stands.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Good.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I’ve seen more fans at preseason games. Hopefully Mike gets the message. Start treating this organization with the respect it deserves.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Only if they actually joined us in the stands.

I wouldn't put it past the Bengals to charge the coaches for admission.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wouldn't put it past the Bengals to charge the coaches for admission.  Sarcasm

And I wouldn't put it past fans to respond to that by saying "The coaches make millions to play a game!  They can buy a ticket like all us blue collar guys who work REAL jobs!"
Reply/Quote
I think the 39k people in attendance included the employees as well. The stadium looked pretty empty.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Only if they actually joined us in the stands.

Hopefully they do join us there next season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did we think a new coaching staff would put butts in seats?

A lot of people did.  They went into this season saying 10+ wins which was ridiculous.  This is a reboot.  Has to get worse before it gets better.  This year hopefully is our worse. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:37 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: A lot of people did.  They went into this season saying 10+ wins which was ridiculous.  This is a reboot.  Has to get worse before it gets better.  This year hopefully is our worse. 

Generally rebuilding teams liquidate players for picks. We didn't do that.

I don't see how it could get worse than this though honestly.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:37 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: A lot of people did.  They went into this season saying 10+ wins which was ridiculous.  This is a reboot.  Has to get worse before it gets better.  This year hopefully is our worse. 

It was pretty tempting to believe that if Marvin Lewis could win 6 game anyone with a pulse could win at least 10.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It was pretty tempting to believe that if Marvin Lewis could win 6 game anyone with a pulse could win at least 10.

The whole 'modern offense' thing.

I think that was a false bill of goods. I don't think Taylor knows much more than copying the Rams playbook...which he likely had no hand in creating as the Assistant WR Coach then QB Coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And that was tickets purchased.  Butts in seats looked about 25k, if that.

Yep, there is no way nearly 40k people were there. Like you said if they broke 25k they were flying.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And that was tickets purchased.  Butts in seats looked about 25k, if that.

I was going to say....sure didn't look 3/4 full.  

There is only one way to change that number....and it isn't just drafting a QB.  They have to sign about 4-5 quality FA.  Not re-treads, not bargain basement guys, but sign some real solid players to replace the turds you drafted at LB, G, and RT.  
Reply/Quote
It was a well earned and long overdue smallest crowd in PBS history. Congratulations Brown family! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Generally rebuilding teams liquidate players for picks. We didn't do that.

.....and the announcers alluded that very point during the broadcast. They essentially noted that the team wasn't much last season, and the FO stood pat.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
As to the OP....that attendance has been well earned.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd be interested to know if announcing Dalton as the starter made more or less people show up.

We should give credit to the defense though, as they actually stifled the opposing team's offense. And the Jets don't have a bad collection of talent either. Anderson, Thomas, and Crowder at WR and Bell at RB.

Dalton wasn't the most efficient passer (59% completion percentage) but he got the W.
Mixon didn't have a good running day either (2.3 YPC).

Never thought I'd say this, but Anarumo might just be working his way to staying the DC for 2020.
Taylor needs to give up playcalling duties though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote