Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Snow possible for Bengals @ Bills

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I noted that earlier. Accuweather has 96% chance of snow that day, over 10 hours, and puts it at 2 inches. But it also has the temperature as in the low 30s, so the snow will melt. Just don't know how it will impact the teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, I noted that earlier. Accuweather has 96% chance of snow that day, over 10 hours, and puts it at 2 inches. But it also has the temperature as in the low 30s, so the snow will melt. Just don't know how it will impact the teams.

Two inches over ten hours and temperatures in the 30s are nothing. 

The wind chill factor could make it worse but, even so, it doesn't look like it will be much of an issue.
Reply/Quote
Snow would be worse for us... we need the passing game to win IMO
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Snow would be worse for us... we need the passing game to win IMO
If there were accumulation, it would turn the white jerseys into camouflage for the defense.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two inches over ten hours and temperatures in the 30s are nothing. 

The wind chill factor could make it worse but, even so, it doesn't look like it will be much of an issue.

I'll decide to trust you that it won't be an issue. ?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 01:35 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If there were accumulation, it would turn the white jerseys into camouflage for the defense.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

[attachment=1970][Image: emoji102.png]

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Snow might help slow down their pass rush and help our 3 backup OL. Ill take it.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
The weather forecast there has changed over the past few days just as here (extreme southern IL) it is starting to normalize to high 30s/low40s where it should be. I am honestly looking forward to the daytime start time because I don't like the night start times very much. The Bengals and Bills seem pretty even, so it's almost impossible to predict what will happen. With snow though, even if it is fairly light they will do shorter passes and power runs like generations ago the Bengals won the Freezer Bowl.
Reply/Quote
As of Thursday, the game day weather is snow before the game for days. Snow all morning Sunday up to 2 PM. Then it changes to a combo of Snow or Rain, but water will be falling as Snow, Ice or Rain during game from 3 PM on. Well, it's Buffalo in January, so you just assume Buffalo Winter Weather blowing in from Lake Erie.

Cincinnati is not a Southern Team, they play in AFC North. So this is not a Southern or West Coast or Dome Stadium team at a disadvantage in North Winter. Both teams have to play in it. On Paper, no advantage to either team on weather.

So Snow and Rain all game in mid 30 degree weather. Over 70 % chance of this per weather.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Honestly I feel like snow/rain would hurt the Bills more than it would hurt us. Because our OL is banged up we're probably going to do a lot of quick passes, which would be affected by the weather less than min to long range throws that the Bills like to use. Personally I'm not super impressed with their run game. Now, it's not bad, but it's just not the Ravens style run game. I don't care what weather it is, because the Bengals are going to March in there and beat the Bills butt. I honestly think we match up with them better than we matched up vs the Ravens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I tend to agree snow would hurt the Bills more than the Bengals. Mixon and Perine are both pretty good with ball security. Allen tends to cough it up.
Reply/Quote
Surprised Bills dont have a heated field
Reply/Quote
Snow will just make it more epic when NFL Films is reshowing this Bengals win for years to come.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I see rain as more of an issue than snow. But the bigger issue is wind. Any winds gusting over 15 MPH can hurt a passing game. But looks like wind around 8 MPH which is fairly calm.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:19 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Honestly I feel like snow/rain would hurt the Bills more than it would hurt us. Because our OL is banged up we're probably going to do a lot of quick passes, which would be affected by the weather less than min to long range throws that the Bills like to use. Personally I'm not super impressed with their run game. Now, it's not bad, but it's just not the Ravens style run game. I don't care what weather it is, because the Bengals are going to March in there and beat the Bills butt. I honestly think we match up with them better than we matched up vs the Ravens.

Feel the same Brownshoe. The only concern I have besides the bad refs is the DL deflecting passes because they cannot get to 
Burrow as easily. But a wet ball can be a problem in turning the ball over, hope our guys play like usual and are good in their ball
security. Allen has had a lot of problems with ball security lately, this favors us IMO.

(01-19-2023, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I tend to agree snow would hurt the Bills more than the Bengals. Mixon and Perine are both pretty good with ball security. Allen tends to cough it up.

Yep. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
3/5 starting lineman injured

Ref crew is probably gonna heavily favor Bills

Snow would impact us more because we are heavy pass offense that relies on our WRs to be really good on a consistent basis.

This game is just shaping up to be a big loss. I hate to have such little optimism but i just cannot see a way past all this BS unless we magically get a run game just for the Bills game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
What a horrendous place to live Buffalo must be, especially in winter.

"You know what they call a good-looking girl in Buffalo?   A visitor.  "   ---Tracy Jones
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:26 PM)Housh Wrote: 3/5 starting lineman injured

Snow would impact us more because we are heavy pass offense that relies on our WRs to be really good on a consistent basis.

This game is just shaping up to be a big loss. I hate to have such little optimism but i just cannot see a way past all this BS unless we magically get a run game just for the Bills game

I agree. I have been in a malaise since Zac took his team off the field on the night of Jan. 2.  The NFL took over from there.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:26 PM)Housh Wrote: 3/5 starting lineman injured

Our Defense just has to get a bunch of turnovers and it could even out some, but I agree with your concerns going into this game.
Reply/Quote