Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Are We Pretty Much Done in FA?
(03-10-2016, 11:43 AM)SFmajor Wrote: Did V Rey sign?  I didn't see any announcement.

welp

I've never said this, but low ball him Mike.
Reply/Quote
I assume we are still trying to re-sign Sanu, but we won't pay a lot for him.

So we might wait until we see what happens with Mo before we sign Vinny.
Reply/Quote
The Saints are constantly in cap hell and always end up cutting guys who have bad contracts. Rinse. Repeat. Oh, and they haven't won shit in years.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Love me some George Jones.

As to the OP: Yeah, we're pretty much done and I ain't mad. 

Agreed.....

[Image: 1024540.jpg]

.....and agreed.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapaport just tweeted its a done deal with V Rey
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:57 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Saints are constantly in cap hell and always end up cutting guys who have bad contracts.  Rinse.  Repeat.  Oh, and they haven't won shit in years.

Except for the Super Bowl in 2009, and playoff wins in 2011 and 2013. 

Oh, and Payton (94-66) also has a better regular season record than Marv (85-73-2) since he came into the league.

But yeah, now that the Saints have had a couple 7-9 seasons, man I'd hate to trade places with them.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I assume we are still trying to re-sign Sanu, but we won't pay a lot for him.  

So we might wait until we see what happens with Mo before we sign Vinny.

Probably have a better chance at signing Sanu after Marvin Jones departure unless someone offers stupid money.

It would appear to him that more balls will come his way and move to the #2 spot which helps us.

But in reality Bengals will probably draft a #2 and keep him in the slot. Will probably still see an increase in touches if he stays though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ian Rapaport just tweeted its a done deal with V Rey

4M avg still seems like starter $ to me.

Very indifferent about this.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:57 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 4M avg still seems like starter $ to me.

That is starter money.

This means no LB taken high in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is starter money.

....yay
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is starter money.

I don't believe we take LBs high in the draft any more.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't believe we take LBs high in the draft any more.

Which is why we don't field any good ones anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:13 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Which is why we don't field any good ones anymore.

The top 5 FA LB's all got nice contracts,  Iloka dollars and are off the board.  The rest were cut from their perspective teams, so their not upgrades if we signed them.  This year's crop of rookie LB's are mediocre at best with a few exceptions; Devon Lee is one.  But these guys will get scarfed up way before the Bengals get to them.  

With all of this in mind, I'm okay with the current line up of LB's.  Next year might be a different story, but I'm good with 2016.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:31 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sure, we need to fill out the roster. There will be other signings. So I don't mean literally done in that we won't sign anyone else. More so that we won't sign anyone else of note.

The team put out the 15 mil dollar figure last week. I noticed just now that it was reiterated in article by Paul Dehner. I would assume, had that figured changed, it wouldn't have made into another beat article.

So, do the match. Look at the money we spent on TJ Johnson and Tate. (Fwiw, that I'm even adding up such paltry amounts, but when you're budgeting 15 mil every bit counts.) Throw in 6 mil for Iloka. You're somewhere in the 7.5-8 mil range.

Then the question is, how much did we spend on Pacman? I'm just guessing, it was at least 4 mil per. Minimum. But probably 5-6. (I could be wrong, just guessing) So we're left with somewhere in the 11.5 to 14 mil range.

What's left?

We still got spots to fill, and even warm bodies add up. So I would have to say, that as far name FA's, that we're done. And that includes a lot of our own guys. Fat Andre, Leon Hall, Nelson, Sanu, Gillberry, Sims, Brandon Thompson... Do we keep any of them, and if so which ones and how many. (I'm guessing not many, and whoever cost less than 2 mil)

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch and accuses me of whining or squealing, this isn't a ***** thread. It's a conversation thread, a math thread. A temper your expectations thread.

If what the team told us is true, Free Agency 2016 is already nearing it's exciting conclusion. Just warning you...

dont forget V Rey who is making 11 mil over 3 years i believe.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:57 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 4M avg still seems like starter $ to me.

V Rey has shown he can start at all 3 LBer Spots... maybe he becomes an offical starter this year. or was signed with burfict known to be missing at least 3 games and Rey M usually misses 1 or 2

SAM spot is open for the taking but lets not forget about Dawson. who could start pushing for playing time.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I would be ecstatic if they kept Nelson and Hall. As it stands i am very very happy with George Jones.

I think we'll kick some FA WR tires.

I would love to sign Nelson to a 2 year deal if the money is right.

I say let Leon Hall walk unless he signs cheap.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:56 PM)magikod Wrote: I would love to sign Nelson to a 2 year deal if the money is right.

I say let Leon Hall walk unless he signs cheap.

Me too regarding Nelson but i think it has more to do with a man crush thing. He just reminds me of the Predator back there with those dreads and I love the Predator. Hall is another toughie. Met him at Best Buy once while we were shopping for movies. (not together). Said something like "Hey Leon what you got there. whatcha watching tonight" while holding my stack. Really cool fella..forgot what he had. Point being both guys are 2 all time favorite Bengals. Seeing them leave will suck.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:13 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Which is why we don't field any good ones anymore.

Oh come on....  Vinny Rey led the team in tackles

5-7 yrds downfield.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 08:32 PM)jason Wrote: Oh come on....  Vinny Rey led the team in tackles

5-7 yrds downfield.

*sigh*

reminds me of when all the "geniuses" around here said the exact samr thing about Justim Smith.

it is amazing how a myth becomes reality for some people.
Reply/Quote

Right, Burfict is the suxor 1!1!1!

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote