Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What Bengals Items did Santa bring you?
None. And I don’t want any for awhile.

My next item will most likely be an orange hat of some kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Made it known that I needed nothing Bengals related this year. Have plenty already anyhow.

But now see the error in my judgement because would have loved receiving that Mike Zimmer autographed card.

Sweet !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nothing. Wife asked me if I wanted some new Bengals gear this year, I told her "Absolutely not! I don't want my household spending one dime on them, until they show me that they want to produce a winner." She said, "I see, how about a new Strongman piece?" Boom! I was sold. Getting a brand new Strongman log.

Keep your eyes out, Sunset Bengal has set his sights on winning a championship. (Even if it is in the old dudes division...)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing.  Wife asked me if I wanted some new Bengals gear this year, I told her "Absolutely not!  I don't want my household spending one dime on them, until they show me that they want to produce a winner."  She said, "I see, how about a new Strongman piece?"  Boom!  I was sold.  Getting a brand new Strongman log.

Keep your eyes out, Sunset Bengal has set his sights on winning a championship.  (Even if it is in the old dudes division...)

Make sure you post about it. Would be nice rooting for a winner for once!  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Make sure you post about it. Would be nice rooting for a winner for once!  ThumbsUp

I'm planning a little something, to show everyone on the board just what it is that I compete in.  Shoulder has recovered 100%, but the back is still in rehabilitative state.  Training regularly, but not at top effort on certain events.  However, at nearly age 49, I finally decided to accept a coach into my training life.  It's working.  Will be posting a series of videos, in the next few months.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm planning a little something, to show everyone on the board just what it is that I compete in.  Shoulder has recovered 100%, but the back is still in rehabilitative state.  Training regularly, but not at top effort on certain events.  However, at nearly age 49, I finally decided to accept a coach into my training life.  It's working.  Will be posting a series of videos, in the next few months.

Looking forward to seeing it to be honest. I know it's a passion of yours and by all means, very tough work. Kick some butt dude!

Reply/Quote
For the first time in a LONG time, no Bengals goodies for Christmas (at least not yet). I still haven't seen my sister or nephew yet, so the possibility of getting something Bengals related is still there. A little birdie told me the nephew got me bourbon, though. And the smart bet would be on my sis getting me something Star Wars related, as that has been her M.O. every Christmas a movie came out since Empire.

It wasn't for a lack of desire for Bengals gear, but the lady won't get me jerseys or clothing without my direct indication of which ones I want, and I never took the time to do so. She won't buy me anymore items outside of clothing as she already thinks I have too much of it and doesn't want anymore in the house...
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 05:54 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I got this from my sister (she is a Patriots fan for as long as I have been a Bengals fan)....

[Image: Xdqv98K.jpg]

That is awesome!

In other news I think we may be able to use his old email to decipher the current coaches email addresses.... my guess is a few noteworthy ones might be Marvin.lewis@bengals.nfl.net, mike.brown@bengals.nfl.net (if he knows how to work a computer), katie.blackburn@bengals.nfl.net, and paul.alexander@bengals.nfl.net

I might have to email some of them a few suggestions  Wink
Reply/Quote
Hoodie, couple shirts, bengals socks, comforter set, a bengals flask, and a bengals hamper
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
First year in quite some time that I didn't get any Bengals swag. We're saving up for a big family Disney trip in a few years. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing. Wife asked me if I wanted some new Bengals gear this year, I told her "Absolutely not! I don't want my household spending one dime on them, until they show me that they want to produce a winner." She said, "I see, how about a new Strongman piece?" Boom! I was sold. Getting a brand new Strongman log.

Keep your eyes out, Sunset Bengal has set his sights on winning a championship. (Even if it is in the old dudes division...)

My extended family agreed on no NFL merchandise this year. The league and the team needs to shape up before I will spend another cent. I feel myself slipping into casual fan status. No Super Bowl this year for first time since I don’t even know.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 05:54 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I got this from my sister (she is a Patriots fan for as long as I have been a Bengals fan)....

[Image: Xdqv98K.jpg]
Nice.... I got KiJana Carter to sign a rookie card when I was a kid.... FML
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:10 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That is awesome!

In other news I think we may be able to use his old email to decipher the current coaches email addresses.... my guess is a few noteworthy ones might be Marvin.lewis@bengals.nfl.net, mike.brown@bengals.nfl.net (if he knows how to work a computer), katie.blackburn@bengals.nfl.net, and paul.alexander@bengals.nfl.net

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Santa was good to me. I got a Bengals Tervis for that awful green tea my doctor makes me drink and one of those nice Bengals black notebooks for meetings at work.

My “big” gift has nothing to do with the Bengals; the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering got me 50 yard line tickets for the 2018 Drum Corps International Championship in Indianapolis in August. I got her floor tickets for Phantom of the Opera in April in Dayton.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:10 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That is awesome!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not a god damned thing because I told my family not to give any more money to this jackass of a franchise until they do something worthwhile like win an actual important game.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 01:54 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: First year in quite some time that I didn't get any Bengals swag. We're saving up for a big family Disney trip in a few years. 

Disney is fun (even more so for the kids), I would also consider a Disney cruise.....they are a blast!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. and I'm not upset by that at all! I'm not giving another cent to this franchise until something changes.  I've already told the wife that I can't make my kid grow up to be a Bengals fan either.  Wouldn't that be just short of child abuse anyways? I'm gonna let him choose his own team. 

I did however score a new Cubs sweatshirt!  Go Cubs Gooo!  Go Cubs Goooo!  Hey Chicago, whad'ya say? The Cubs are gonna win today!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, let's do talk about this stuff. Now, I've made it no secret I do not buy Bengals stuff, go to games or anything because, well, it's my small way of making them pay for disappointing us. I will continue to do so until they do the unthinkable, which is most of the things we discuss on here. HOWEVER!!!!!! As I sit at Christmas and open a Bengals Jacket, A Bengals thermal cup, A Bengals Pillow and Blanket for the new leather sofa (Walmart, not rich type sofa), 2 Bengals end table storage thingies for sofa (again, Man-cave), A Bengals wooden encased dartboard (ahem... Man-cave) and a few other things? I tend to wonder, "What's the point?" Here I am, boycotting Mike Brown and his cheap pockets and my family runs out and spends a ton of money on Bengal stuff? 

It's not like I can tell them, hey, why did you buy me this stuff? I will have to subtly advise them during the year I am boycotting (unless things turn around) so this doesn't continue to happen. I can see Mike B. rolling naked in my families hard earned money now as I type this. Ewww! Disgusting.

Unsee
Unsee
Unsee
Unsee
Unsee

I told my family the same thing after '15.  So my brother got me Reds floormats for my truck. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A nice pair of tan Bengals house slippers totally unexpected.
Reply/Quote