Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So can we...
I'm too ecstatic about 27-10 to worry about who said what or rubbing someone's nose in something. Who Dey
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(01-22-2023, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you don't think the NFL "wants" certain outcomes, then we disagree, we do agree that they do nothing during the games to facilitate their wants.

"wants" "hopes" "would like to see" is obvious. Everyone does that. Actually influencing or deciding games. No.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(01-22-2023, 08:27 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I figured there would be a lot more flags thrown the bengals way today....I was dead wrong about that.  Aside from those two overturned plays(and you can make an argument either way), it seemed as though the game was officiated fairly

Yup. Cheffers and his crew called a good game. They let the players decide the game.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(01-22-2023, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop talking about the stupid conspiracies about how the NFL wants this and the NFL wants that and the refs blah blah blah.

The better team executed and won the game despite ANY goofy narratives. 

Who Dey

It will stop until this Thursday.
(01-22-2023, 08:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They did overcome some bullshit and just were the most complete we have seen them all season.  That team was AWESOME!!!

The only call i disagreed with was the Ja'Marr TD, not TD. But...i can see the argument against. I just think he possessed it long enough.

(01-22-2023, 08:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm too ecstatic about 27-10 to worry about who said what or rubbing someone's nose in something. Who Dey

Trying to stop a silly narrative isn't really rubbing anything in anything. 

(01-22-2023, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop talking about the stupid conspiracies about how the NFL wants this and the NFL wants that and the refs blah blah blah.

Who Dey

It will stop until this Thursday.

Who Dey

Amen. 

Chase did not control that pass through the ground. 

Who Dey

Thank you well said
(01-22-2023, 08:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Trying to stop a silly narrative isn't really rubbing anything in anything. 

I guess. It's easy to say this after a blowout win where officiating really couldn't do much. The games that drive people to make such claims are the close ones that come down to one blown call.

Not that I believe the NFL is fully rigged. Do I believe that "legacy" teams get more benefit of the doubt calls in close games? Maybe.

Not that I want to argue after an awesome win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(01-22-2023, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess. It's easy to say this after a blowout win where officiating really couldn't do much. The games that drive people to make such claims are the close ones that come down to one blown call.

Not that I believe the NFL is fully rigged. Do I believe that "legacy" teams get more benefit of the doubt calls in close games? Maybe.

There's nothing wrong with talking about how bad refs are, they need full time refs, etc etc.

There is something wrong with saying the NFL dictates who wins and when. 

Again...i'm only asking if we can give it a rest because it's a silly, waste of time, untrue narrative.

(01-22-2023, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess. It's easy to say this after a blowout win where officiating really couldn't do much. The games that drive people to make such claims are the close ones that come down to one blown call.

You think the refs couldn't have called more penalties on us if they wanted to? Even the Mixon TD, which was over turned, could have easily been a delay of game flag on it. There were also multiple holds not called, because in play off games you get away with more. It's not like we were having 40 yard wide open plays. The refs could have easily derailed drives if they wanted to. The fact is they don't. 
(01-22-2023, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's nothing wrong with talking about how bad refs are, they need full time refs, etc etc.

There is something wrong with saying the NFL dictates who wins and when. 

Again...i'm only asking if we can give it a rest because it's a silly, waste of time, untrue narrative.

I mostly agree with you, especially when it comes to Buffalo in particular. I just think it's a very nuanced topic, and I can see it from both sides.

I don't believe games are flat out rigged and I can very much see where hearing people throw that up all the time is annoying.
(01-22-2023, 08:10 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: This won’t be popular, but IDGAF!  I’m just glad I can watch a football game and not have to hear about Damar Hamlin now.  The NFL just postponed that beat down.  And we did it in their house!

Exactly ?
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com

Who Dey

Other than the questionable Allen no-fumble, I thought the game was well officiated today....and that was a close call.

"Better send those refunds..."

1. No one should complain about the Steelers getting calls in their favor.

2. No one should complain about "Small Market Teams" vs. "Big Market Teams".

Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
(01-22-2023, 08:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "wants" "hopes" "would like to see" is obvious. Everyone does that. Actually influencing or deciding games. No.

It's kinda what I said, but you seem to be with other dude in thinking NFL is a person. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Nope...
(01-22-2023, 09:09 PM)TheFan Wrote: You think the refs couldn't have called more penalties on us if they wanted to? Even the Mixon TD, which was over turned, could have easily been a delay of game flag on it. There were also multiple holds not called, because in play off games you get away with more. It's not like we were having 40 yard wide open plays. The refs could have easily derailed drives if they wanted to. The fact is they don't. 

To turn a 27-10 game into a Buffalo win would've required a good bit of big time calls in Buffalo's favor. An obvious amount. I also don't think the NFL much cares about teams like Buffalo.

I don't think the NFL rigs games like that. At all. I just think if the game is close, and it's a team like the Cowboys against a team like the Lions, and a call is close, they are usually going to call it on the field in favor of Dallas.

Just an example. But outright predetermined games? No.
(01-22-2023, 09:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Other than the questionable Allen no-fumble, I thought the game was well officiated today....and that was a close call.

I wasn't in the game day thread but does anyone know why the dead whistle was blown so quickly on the offsides call when we were on the goal line.

Shouldn't they let that go as a free play?

They do it anywhere else on the field and even for FGs/Extra Point.

Just curious if it was where the ball was placed...  ?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]