Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So can we...
(01-22-2023, 09:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Other than the questionable Allen no-fumble, I thought the game was well officiated today....and that was a close call.

That Chase call on the no catch TD was questionable.

I could see that go either way, but the fact that the official was standing there closely watching it and waiting until the whole play ended to call it a TD usually would not get overturned.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
I’m gonna say Devine intervention prevailed. Every time they tried to show the Hamlin’s private booth it was a big snowy blur. Not good for TV, so they had to change and rig the game the other way. Ninja
(01-22-2023, 09:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To turn a 27-10 game into a Buffalo win would've required a good bit of big time calls in Buffalo's favor. An obvious amount. I also don't think the NFL much cares about teams like Buffalo.

I don't think the NFL rigs games like that. At all. I just think if the game is close, and it's a team like the Cowboys against a team like the Lions, and a call is close, they are usually going to call it on the field in favor of Dallas.

Just an example. But outright predetermined games? No.

If the refs make a couple random calls it's not 27-10. They could have easily called a PI or holding on us at various times to help lead to points for the Bills or derail drives for us.

6 of 7 Dallas playoff losses in the past 20 years have been by 1 possession.  Including last years very questionable game finish which went against them. 
(01-22-2023, 08:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only call i disagreed with was the Ja'Marr TD, not TD. But...i can see the argument against. I just think he possessed it long enough.

3 steps and a turn of the body feels like a football move to me.  And how TF did they not call Mixon a TD?  I was amazed NFL overturned it, but sad that Zac had to challenge. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-22-2023, 09:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: If the refs make a couple random calls it's not 27-10. They could have easily called a PI or holding on us at various times to help lead to points for the Bills or derail drives for us.

6 of 7 Dallas playoff losses in the past 20 years have been by 1 possession.  Including last years very questionable game finish which went against them. 

1. With the way we were dominating the trenches, and everything else, a couple of PI's wasn't changing that game bro. It would've taken a complete rail job.

2. Who was Dallas playing in each of those games. Also, I didn't say the NFL rigs games. I have gone out of my way to make this clear. So the results don't change my point.

I just think that some legacy teams tend to get benefit of the doubt calls on the field for plays that are very close. It has seemed that way more often than not to me during my time as a fan.

I do not think the NFL is actively trying to make certain teams win or determining outcomes at all. I think this is a pretty reasonable take.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Even if there is some big shadow conspiracy, we’re a great brand now.

The narrative soon will be “NFL just wants their golden boy Burrow to win!”

What a world. Never thought I’d see it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

If the NFL wanted to break some viewership records, the Cowboys and Steelers would be great. It's been a long time before they have even come close. Even giving Brady one more for the road ( when they really thought he was retiring ). If it was rigged, some hitman is out with a sniper rifle on Carl Cheffers crew right now for costing them millions.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(01-22-2023, 10:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Even if there is some big shadow conspiracy, we’re a great brand now.

The narrative soon will be “NFL just wants their golden boy Burrow to win!”

What a world. Never thought I’d see it.

Lol true true. As someone who has been a Bengals fan since 1993 and can barely remember the playoff wins of the 80s, it all feels kinda surreal.

5 playoff wins in basically 1 year. Wild.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
I just loved how Romo and Nance were saying how the Bengals were rimmed on the playclock not getting reset for what was called a 1st down and then it wasn't after official huddle/review.

The in the next breath said "Hey look how the Bengals ran this play when the clock ran zero".

No conspiracy theories by me but I still think the officals made some flubs.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Great example of consistent solid play to overcome the bad calls throughout. This is the ideal situation, where they didn't implode and it wasn't so close that one of those calls ended up turning the game. It doesn't have to come down to the refs.

The Bengals are one more win away from really drawing another spotlight on the NFL and the path they made the team take to get back. I'd imagine there are some people in the league office less than thrilled at the moment.
(01-22-2023, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's kinda what I said, but you seem to be with other dude in thinking NFL is a person. 

I literally don't know what the hell you're talking about. I agreed with what you said about what they would like to see. That was never in dispute or even raised, except by you. 

That doesn't have a single thing to do with what i'm saying; that they don't determine or influence the outcome of games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(01-22-2023, 10:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I literally don't know what the hell you're talking about. I agreed with what you said about what they would like to see. That was never in dispute or even raised, except by you. 

That doesn't have a single thing to do with what i'm saying; that they don't determine or influence the outcome of games. 
rfaulk34 Wrote:Stop talking about the stupid conspiracies about how the NFL wants this and the NFL wants that

That's the exact quote I disputed. The NFL wants certain things and will act on those wants. 

WTS, I get why you felt the need to make the thread. You sorta got abused when you started the thread about how we didn't get screwed with the rule changes the NFL made after the Buffalo No-contest. Everyone (except surprisingly a few Bengals fans) acknowledges we got screwed by the NFL on that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]