Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So happy Boyd was involved
The offense flows a lot better wgeb Boyd gets involved. So happy they finally got him the ball today. What a great team win
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
he has 2 touchdowns and a 2pt conversion already in 3 games
Reply/Quote
It was also in Week 3 last season vs the Steelers
That Boyd bounced off 2 Steelers on route to 23 yd TD
Catch last year. Boyd has been money this season
He is legitimately our 2nd best WR behind Tee through
3 games. Chase just doesn't look the same
But TB has been very consistent.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 11:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It was also in Week 3 last season vs the Steelers

Wouldn’t go this far cmon

It isn’t Chase’s fault in the first 2 games Burrow saw 2 safeties and just didn’t even look downfield. It isn’t Chase’s fault the line couldn’t block long enough for him to get deep. Chase is still obviously our best WR. It’s just he’s a deep threat and to utilize a deep threat you need time. You don’t need as much time to throw deep to Tee because he’s tall as hell. Chase does have to kinda be open to throw to him.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
TB runs the routes we need Burrow to start throwing to that opens everything else up. That's all there is to it.

Feed Boyd until the defense adjusts.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 11:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It was also in Week 3 last season vs the Steelers

Chase absolutely torched the Steelers in week one. 10 rec, 129 yds, 1 TD (really 2). It was the best game any of the 3 have had so far this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 11:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Wouldn’t go this far cmon

It isn’t Chase’s fault in the first 2 games Burrow saw 2 safeties and just didn’t even look downfield. It isn’t Chase’s fault the line couldn’t block long enough for him to get deep. Chase is still obviously our best WR. It’s just he’s a deep threat and to utilize a deep threat you need time. You don’t need as much time to throw deep to Tee because he’s tall as hell. Chase does have to kinda be open to throw to him.

The vertical they like to throw to Chase actually doesn’t take that much time. Go back and watch some of them from last year and notice when Burrow releases the ball. They just didn’t take any shots the first couple weeks.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: The offense flows a lot better wgeb Boyd gets involved. So happy they finally got him the ball today. What a great team win

I thought we would play like shit and all the former players would have revenge games?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I thought we would play like shit and all the former players would have revenge games?

I saw some Jets fans online being big mad about Lawson. Crazy that we’re paying Hendrickson the same $.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I saw some Jets fans online being big mad about Lawson. Crazy that we’re paying Hendrickson the same $.

Actually less- Lawson had twice the guaranteed money as Trey.  

It shows how well Duke and the front office did last offseason.  Him and Chido have been steals!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I thought we would play like shit and all the former players would have revenge games?

Happy I was wrong, definitely a tough test Thursday though.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

The bottom line is sometimes there will be a great NFL player (like Sauce) that doesn't stop Chase, but doesn't allow him to go off (I know Sauce wasn't on him exclusively.  He rotated on Higgins and they doubled Chase in those snaps).  But overall, our 3rd best option should be much better than the opponent's 3rd best cover guy.  That should be easy pickings.  
Reply/Quote
We've got 3 great wr's and things haven't went our way a lot thus far. It'll work out in the end.
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge Boyd fan. It has been hard seeing him fall to the back burner a bit with JaMarr's arrival. I'm glad he hasn't let limited production affect him and still being reliable catching the ball and still having some big play ability last year and this year. Having said all that Chase is obviously the #1 and rightfully so like we all know. I was glad we thew some deep shots with Chase and we were very close. I actually think Chase mightve caught the first one but it's kind of his move to push one handed low to the defenders hip to create separation. He did that on that play which I don't think he needed to and actually took him out of position to make the catch. Overall I'm just glad we have 3 receivers all with big play potential. I'm also glad we got really close to seeing all that potential come together and hopefully we keep getting better.
Reply/Quote
Also on another note. I know it's easier said than done. But if Tee has a height advantage we should be tossing that ball up in the end zone more often where the boundary isn't an issue. Man looked unstoppable going up to get the ball and I don't think they're are many DB's out jumping him. If they can't push him out it will be very hard to stop and the harder part is putting the ball where it needs to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: The offense flows a lot better wgeb Boyd gets involved. So happy they finally got him the ball today. What a great team win

He averaged 4.5 targets/game over the first two games and got 5 yesterday.  The big difference was the TD after bouncing off an attempt at a big hit.
Reply/Quote
Agreed OP, it is nice seeing Boyd have a good game. I think that's how us fans envisioned the offense unfolding this year. If an opposing defense shuts down Chase and Higgins, then we'll see Boyd and Hurst getting catches and TDs.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The bottom line is sometimes there will be a great NFL player (like Sauce) that doesn't stop Chase, but doesn't allow him to go off (I know Sauce wasn't on him exclusively.  He rotated on Higgins and they doubled Chase in those snaps).  But overall, our 3rd best option should be much better than the opponent's 3rd best cover guy.  That should be easy pickings.  

Boyd plays the slot. That doesn’t mean the slot guy is the worst cover guy

When Leon Hall was here, the bengals best corner was the slot corner
Reply/Quote
This is really how the offense should look until defenses give up the cover 2. Let Boyd cook. When they get tired of him beating them over and over, go deep to Higgins or Chase. QB9 did a MUCH better job Sunday of taking what he was given, and going deep at the right times. Obviously better oline play helped some too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: This is really how the offense should look until defenses give up the cover 2. Let Boyd cook. When they get tired of him beating them over and over, go deep to Higgins or Chase. QB9 did a MUCH better job Sunday of taking what he was given, and going deep at the right times. Obviously better oline play helped some too.

A million percent. The value of Chase this year is almost more the threat he carries and the defensive coverage it'll get, than the plays he'll make himself. I hope he still gets his over the course of the season, but no way defences will let him rack up last year's numbers, so I really hope we'll see some big numbers out of TB and Tee by the end of the year. 

With Mixon doing sod all on the ground, I'd also love to see him getting involved in the 'check down' game. If we can't go deep, then those quick dump off plays can do a bit to nullify the O-Line.
Reply/Quote