Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans?
From the Media Celebrities Co Workers who do not have a clue who is on the team etc............

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
same way you deal with most people...

Smile and nod
Reply/Quote
With open arms.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really big into gatekeeping. The more the merrier.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You take it in as apart of the moment. Hopefully this is the standard and they'll stick. I think a lot of these "fans" were closet fans anyway. A silent majority as they say in politics. It's the kids it's good to see. We get them they'll be stuck Bengals fans like many of us around here are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:08 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: From the Media Celebrities Co Workers who do not have a clue who is on the team etc............

WHO DEY!

You mean the plenty of Bengals flip-flop fans  on this site week in and week out and the majority on the posters on game threads? You mean those bandwagon fans. Look, just go on a GT and they want Taylor fired every game with every bad play made or they want Lou fired for every first down given up, not mention this/that player needs to be benched.

Bengals fans should just STFU when it comes to worrying about disrespect, media, etc. and just enjoy the rise.
Reply/Quote
Just tell them WHO DEY and give them a high five.
If they end up staying Bengals fans now that Burrow and Chase have arrived, cool.
If they jump ship later for the next popular team, that's ok too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:16 AM)higgy100 Wrote: You mean the plenty of Bengals flip-flop fans  on this site week in and week out and the majority on the posters on game threads? You mean those bandwagon fans. Look, just go on a GT and they want Taylor fired every game with every bad play made or they want Lou fired for every first down given up, not mention this/that player needs to be benched.

Bengals fans should just STFU when it comes to worrying about disrespect, media, etc. and just enjoy the rise.

Whatever. Anyone on this site as much as we are are legit (extreme) fans. Rather we have moments of letdowns, disappointments or whatnots. Message boards house the most dedicated and obsessive fans of teams.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm not.

I love this team since my dad introduced me to it in '88 and follow them passionately every year.

Because I got on in SB year am I a bandwagon fan?

If others want to jump on now let them.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Whatever. Anyone on this site as much as we are are legit (extreme) fans. Rather we have moments of letdowns, disappointments or whatnots. Message boards house the most dedicated and obsessive fans of teams.

More than moments. Same freakin' idiots every game thread. I know who the posters are that were game champions at opening up the capri sun
packs after their career sports advancements didn't go beyond 7th grade versus others who either played /coached at a much higher level or just have basic common sense and rationality.
Reply/Quote
I finally have a reason to use my shotgun....

J/K

The true test of fandom is if you will be still flying/wearing those colors PROUDLY come hell or highwater. Or however that saying goes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:23 AM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not.

I love this team since my dad introduced me to it in '88 and follow them passionately every year.

Because I got on in SB year am I a bandwagon fan?

If others want to jump on now let them.

That's how I got on - back in 1981.  Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I suppose that makes me an '88 bandwagon fan, so I don't have much room to talk.

However, I take it that most of us see our long suffering fandom as a badge of honor and now our day has finally come. We were the Bengals fans when there were no Bengals fans, but now it's time to reap the glory and everyone wants in on it. A very "Little Red Hen" scenario.

That said, if it builds the momentum and somehow contributes to our continued success, the more the merrier.
Reply/Quote
With open arms and enjoying the moment talking to people excited about the Bengals. It's fun when I'm out running errands in my '47 Brand Bengals hat and people say, "I'm now a fan because of Joey B!" People have asked me how long I've been a fan, and they find it cool when I say since the '88 season when I was a kid. It fosters more fun conversation.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:56 AM)wcu Wrote: However, I take it that most of us see our long suffering fandom as a badge of honor and now our day has finally come. 

That's right - chicks dig scars!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think most of these people are just rooting for them to win the Super Bowl. I doubt many of them will become “full-time” fans. If so, great!

I just hope win or lose, we don’t get all “douchey” a la those fans on ChiefsPlanet.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:04 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think most of these people are just rooting for them to win the Super Bowl. I doubt many of them will become “full-time” fans. If so, great!

I just hope win or lose, we don’t get all “douchey” a la those fans on ChiefsPlanet.

What? ChiefsPlanet has to be told a third time? I'm glad we get a chance to do that next season.

2022 Season

HOME
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers

AWAY
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:16 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What? ChiefsPlanet has to be told a third time? I'm glad we get a chance to do that next season.

2022 Season

HOME
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers

AWAY
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans

I'd love to become "THAT TEAM" for KC.  The one they just can't seem to knock off and always stands in their way.  

Honestly, I kind of liked KC before this season, but their entitled, spoiled, rude, obnoxious, sniveling fans have really soured me on them.  I hope they fade away into obscurity.
Reply/Quote
They do irritate me but oh well. A couple of the football fans of other teams at work saw people in our building wearing Bengals stuff and told me “all these years you were the only one, now look”. They know so no big deal. It’s just strange to see others wearing Bengals stuff and seeing it in stores. That never happened before.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:23 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They do irritate me but oh well.  A couple of the football fans of other teams at work saw people in our building wearing Bengals stuff and told me “all these years you were the only one, now look”. They know so no big deal.  It’s just strange to see others wearing Bengals stuff and seeing it in stores.  That never happened before.

Those items disappeared once Legs Benedict stepped onto the field for the final play of the game at Burrowhead stadium.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote