Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, how did you meet your significant other?
Music 
I want to hear sweet stories to warm my and everyone's heart.

Partly perhaps to prove that under that hard shell of aloofness I don't bother to show around there really rests a very sensitive man. Yeah, right. Rolleyes

But for the most part to hear example stories to test a theory. That most successful "love stories" don't start with "Was out on the hunt, saw her, asked her out, we dated two times and are together since then".
But more with "We met more or less by chance [at school, through common friends, through work,...], got to know each other, felt sypathy growing, I asked her out, and we are together ever since."

But also: heart warming. So please no "she was slowest to get on a tree" stories. Sweet ones.

PS, "significant other"... sounds stupid. What does that even mean.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was the start of the third quarter my senior year in high school. I had to take one Art Class to graduate but couldn't understand why since I was in Vocational taking Mechanical Drafting, but ok. The first day of class, I sit down at a table and about 5 minutes in, this girl walks in wearing jeans and a turquoise shirt. I turn to my friend and say, "I'm going to marry that girl" and as soon as I said it, she walked back out and from that moment on, I did nothing but think about her.

The next day, I get to my Art Class, sit down and soon after, this girl walks in. She sat at the table next to mine and I struck up a conversation. When class let out, we walked from that class to the "Smoking Area" which was a courtyard next to the Vocational Lunchroom. We talked some more, mostly small talk and during that time until the end of our Senior year in high school, we became good friends.

I asked her to Prom, which was our first date and the next day we went to Kings Island for the day.

We dated through the summer and fall and got married in the spring and been married ever since. 26 years of marriage, married since we were 18 years old and no one expected us to make it past 2 years. Of course, we are the atypical couple, not many find their soul mate in high school.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
A house party at a friend's house. My friend from middle school married her friend from middle school.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Through Ashley Madison Ninja

Things are still new with us.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 07:12 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Through Ashley Madison Ninja

Oh that's so sweet.
"How did you meet your woman? - On a website dedicated to infidelity...", yeah, sounds steady.
Reply/Quote
I met her in the future...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 07:12 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Through Ashley Madison Ninja

That site has 37 million members.
That's crazy as Hell.
Reply/Quote
We both graduated from the same high school but were just friends in high school. Ran into each other years later in the military. She got out. I stayed in.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 07:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh that's so sweet.
"How did you meet your woman? - On a website dedicated to infidelity...", yeah, sounds steady.
It was love at first click. Wub
(07-27-2015, 07:46 PM)Harmening Wrote: That site has 37 million members.
That's crazy as Hell.

37,000,001 now Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 07:50 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: We both graduated from the same high school but were just friends in high school. Ran into each other years later in the military. She got out. I stayed in.

The juvenile in me finds those last 2 sentences to be absolutely hilarious. 

As for me; we met a work. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This might sound corny as hell, but I remember meeting mine like it was yesterday.

8 years ago, I was at community hog roast at the local park. A Skynyrd cover band was playing on stage. I walked up to get a better listen, and there was a long haired brunette shaking her money maker back and forth, in a pair of daisy dukes and wearing a black AC/DC shirt. She had a Budweiser in one hand and a pork sandwich in the other.

Needless to say...it was love at first site.
  Pervert
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 08:28 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It was love at first click. Wub

37.000,001 now Ninja

LOL
Reply/Quote
As for mine.

We met in High School because we both worked at a grocery store together. Had a little fling a couple of times throughout those years. I left for the military thinking that I wouldn't be back. Survived the Gulf Storm, returned home briefly, and found her there once again. Kept in touch, got together, and have been with her for the last twenty years. She's the most beautiful woman on the planet...
Reply/Quote
I was a groomsman in a wedding and she was a bridesmaid. I got kinda tipsy and started hitting on her. She told me that she had a boyfriend, so I told her that if it ever soured, she should get my phone number through our friends. A few months later, she sent me a text. 5 years later, we were married.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
She was my boss' secretary. I used to get in trouble on purpose to get called to the boss' office. I told her the boss was to old to do her, but I wasn't. Who says romance is dead?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 07:50 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: We both graduated from the same high school but were just friends in high school. Ran into each other years later in the military. She got out. I stayed in.

Yes you did stay in, her
Reply/Quote
Partying at a bar on St. Paddy's day, hammered. She was getting harassed by a braugh more hammered than me so I sat down and said to the dude "Sorry I am late babe, work went a little long" She loved it. The girl I was hanging out with at the time shows up and we drink a bit I asked for her card and called her next day, 15 years later I am still her night in shining armor
Reply/Quote
We worked together, but were both stuck in some pretty crappy relationships so there was something to talk about. I was stateside on vacation after breaking up with my last girlfriend and she coincidentally separated as well. She messaged me and we stayed in touch. Then when I went back we met up and the rest is history.

The shoulder to cry on really became the d.......ahhhh nevermind.
Reply/Quote
My wife was in town for a friend from HS wedding..We met through a mutual friend...She skipped out of the wedding to come see me...Spent the entire weekend together..She moved back from Florida to Ohio to be with me...That was 18 years ago...Been married 14 this year
Reply/Quote
Ran into some crazies and was frustrated with the type of women I was dating.  Needed to re-evaluate what I wanted in life from a mate, and decided to go back to Church. 

I was in college and the local Church of Christ there had a decent college presence in its congregation, and Devotionals every Friday night.  The second Friday I went my future wife walked in wearing Purple Chucky T's with red shoe laces.  I liked the spirit behind wearing them and told her with a smile "Nice Shoes".  To this day, she tells people that story and that it was the moment she knew I was the one.

To her horror (seriously) I told her 3 days after meeting her that I was going to marry her.  She probably quit panicking and was on board with it within a month or so and we were engaged 6 months later, then married a year later.

Coincidentally our 21st anniversary is tomorrow.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote