Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is Alex Erickson a lock now?
(08-29-2016, 12:36 PM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: I don't see any harm keeping him on the squad. He made a mistake last night not fielding a punt, but he's stepped in and produced just about every time he's seen the field. Like some have mentioned already, injuries have secured him a spot.

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger

He has enough positive tape on him that we wont be able to sign him to the practice squad. We cut him another team signs him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Someone help me out - I did not get a chance to watch the game last night Sad
What did he do?
Reply/Quote
Erickson makes it. How can he not? Don't care if its Wright or Tate that gets the pink slip. Also - should be in another thread but - buh bye Margus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: Someone help me out -  I did not get a chance to watch the game last night Sad
What did he do?

1 target, 1 catch, 21 yards, TD
2 punt returns, 57 yards total
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:17 AM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I think the wrs will be AJ, Boyd, Lafell, Core, Tate and Erickson. However I agree that the injury to Peerman could help to keep Wright on the team for special teams. I think they will put Alford on the practice squad because he has not had a chance to show what he can do due to his injury. Also I think they need to let Kumerow go because he does not show up in games but is more of a practice warrior.

Agree with these and personally do not see much in Wright. 

Would rather scoop up a WR being released by another team instead if keeping an extra. 

But he is in there early, so the coaches must see something in him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
In a related story: Dane Sanzenbacher is a FA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For me, he earned his stripes in this preseason.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
With Erickson and Pac Man the Bengals would sport the most formidable punt return tandem in league.

Know he let one bounce nearly 50 yards as stated. But this is a grey area.

Because if there is even a doubt whether you can get there or not ? You have to let it bounce in lieu of fumbling and giving other team this sort of field position.

Worse case scenario is you would 3 and out and punt it back. But the fumble is a game changer sometimes. Unless of course the offense turns it over, but this never factors into strategies with winners.

Think he should have made more of an effort before making decision. But believe coaches will fix this easily.

Nothing else to complain about the kid who just keeps making things happen.

Hope to see him in the final 53 men wearing stripes.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In a related story: Dane Sanzenbacher is a FA.

8 TD scorer last season Reuben Randle just may have been cattle prodded back into being motivated.

But there will be several names available soon. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:50 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I watched the press conference of Marvin Lewis and someone asked about Alex Erickson, Marvin said something about Erickson making plays game after game whenever he's been given the chance.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Lewis-Postgame-News-Conference-828/a7836df1-531b-4f4f-9256-26d25be2132f

Is Alex Erickson a lock to make the team now? He's had some decent returns when he's been given the chance and has made some nice catches every now and then.

He should make it over Wright.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: With Erickson and Pac Man the Bengals would sport the most formidable punt return tandem in league.

Know he let one bounce nearly 50 yards as stated. But this is a grey area.

Because if there is even a doubt whether you can get there or not ? You have to let it bounce in lieu of fumbling and giving other team this sort of field position.

Worse case scenario is you would 3 and out and punt it back. But the fumble is a game changer sometimes. Unless of course the offense turns it over, but this never factors into strategies with winners.

Think he should have made more of an effort before making decision. But believe coaches will fix this easily.

Nothing else to complain about the kid who just keeps making things happen.

Hope to see him in the final 53 men wearing stripes.

Cannot hate on that decision. If you run up and try to catch it even worse things could happen.

It was a weird shitty Punt.
Reply/Quote
Either way they go it's going to be rookie heavy, but they do need someone with game experience besides just AJ.. Lafell and Tate are the only two with any significant experience at all and after that is Write and between the three they have just slightly more experience than I do at being president for General Motors ...It's into the great unknown..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Based upon franchise history, I am going to say that he gets put on practice squad and goes somewhere else. I want to be wrong about this and hope I am.
Reply/Quote
He better be. He's been the only consistent play maker outside of our starters.

He's offered more than Wright for instance. A board favorite who got hyped a lot, but did nothing in college and nothing in the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
He should be a lock.

I think they really want to keep Wright. But I dont know how healthy he is. Seems like every time you can see his face after a play he looks like he is wincing in pain.
Reply/Quote
He better make the team. Kid makes plays and his punt returns alone should have him a spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He should be a lock.

I think they really want to keep Wright. But I dont know how healthy he is. Seems like every time you can see his face after a play he looks like he is wincing in pain.

I just don't understand why they want to outside of possible ST reasons. He's shown nothing
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
He should be a lock, really no reason why he shouldn't be. Although... Who knows what the front office is thinking?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I just don't understand why they want to outside of possible ST reasons. He's shown nothing

Man, Hobson and co. sure talk him up though.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In a related story: Dane Sanzenbacher is a FA.

So true... Unfortunately, It appears Erickson is Sanzenbacher Part Deux   
Reply/Quote