Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, what have 8 years of Progressivism brough us?
(06-12-2016, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh Brownshirt, you're missing the point:

It is not whether Clinton made bad choices.  It is YOU shifting blame from Bush to Clinton while saying Obama has no right to shift blame.

Oh...and calling it a "fact".

Gotta couple other guys on here who think opinions are facts too.  You should meet up somewhere.

Where did I say Obama has no right to shift the blame?

It is fact that the recession was mainly caused by the housing act and NAFTA. Both of which Clinton did.

I guess you made up a point, and acted like I was wrong. Nice one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Brownshirt its not about being "right" or "wrong" sometimes. Sometimes its about the spin used to cover ones own ass.

You responded to this:

(06-11-2016, 11:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You think it'll take that long?

Bush wasn't even out of office and everyone knew how bad he screwed the pooch. Or maybe I should talk about the bang up job his daddy did. Or how Reagan's presidency is still ***** up the country.

With this:
(06-12-2016, 08:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do know that a big reason why the economy collapsed under the Bush administration was due to Clinton, right? Signing in the housing act that caused the market to collapse, and signing in NAFTA that sent jobs to other countries. Bush wasn't a good president, but a lot of the economic problems that we had during the Bush administration was due to Bill Clinton.

And still insist you aren't blaming Clinton for what happened under Bush?

(06-12-2016, 10:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nope, just blaming Clinton for the fact that he started the recession. Nice try at deflecting though.

Then you deflect to what you didn't say:

(06-12-2016, 11:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Where did I say Obama has no right to shift the blame?

It is fact that the recession was mainly caused by the housing act and NAFTA. Both of which Clinton did.

I guess you made up a point, and acted like I was wrong. Nice one.

All the while blaming Clinton for what happened under Bush.

I'd ask if you understood now, but all you care about is that no one say you are "wrong".

Carry on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2016, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Brownshirt its not about being "right" or "wrong" sometimes.  Sometimes its about the spin used to cover ones own ass.

You responded to this:

With this:

And still insist you aren't blaming Clinton for what happened under Bush?

Then you deflect to what you didn't say:

All the while blaming Clinton for what happened under Bush.

I'd ask if you understood now, but all you care about is that no one say you are "wrong".

Carry on.

I am blaming Clinton for something that happened during Bush's presidency, because Clinton is the one who caused the recession due to his bills. Where am I insisting I'm not doing this?

You keep moving the goal post to try and make it seem you're right. It's pretty funny.
(06-12-2016, 10:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think the fact that Obama being elected twice and having Republican congress for most of the time shows just how big of a sham it was that Obama was even elected because it shows that people just elected him for his race and the fact that he just promised change when they didn't realize what needed to be done to bring about the change he promised, which was elect a Democratic Congress.

If everyone understood what they were doing and were properly educated on all of the change he promised and things that needed to be done to bring it about, then wouldn't they have shown up to vote for Democrats in Congress to make it happen?

Yes he has been pretty much worthless and a token.    But to be fair McCain and Romney were tomato cans.    
(06-11-2016, 08:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I still have yet to understand the blame we shoulder the POTUS with for things. How the market and economy react to things in Washington has as much to do with Congress as POTUS. The economy can especially react to those two branches not being able to cooperate, which is a "takes two to tango" scenario.

All of our elected officials are to blame for this, not just Obama, not just one party, and not Progressivism. The inability to put the good of the country ahead of their own personal gains or egos is the problem.

People yearn for a simple answer and looking at a single person and saying "Good" or "Bad" is a lot easier than understanding foreign policy, economics, sociology, or any of those other things only an elitist d-bag would bother trying to understand.
(06-12-2016, 12:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes he has been pretty much worthless and a token.    But to be fair McCain and Romney were tomato cans.    

You know how you get tired of the word "racist" being thrown around?

Well, in the real world, when you describe a man elected TWICE to the highest office in the land as a "token"....that REALLY makes you sound racist.

Rock On
The OP really needs to study up on just what is and isn't progressivism. But let's just forget the past 8 years which on balance have been pretty good although it's a mixed bag as always.
Progressivism gave us the 40 hour work week. Social Security, the civil rights movement and on and on.
You want to go back in time and have to worry whether your crops will fail and if they do will you and your entire family starve? Want to go back to lynchings? Want to work 100 hours a week for whatever your boss decides to pay you and be forced to buy everything at the company store and have it taken out of your paycheck that may or may not be issued? Be my guest.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(06-13-2016, 07:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: The OP really needs to study up on just what is and isn't progressivism. But let's just forget the past 8 years which on balance have been pretty good although it's a mixed bag as always.
Progressivism gave us the 40 hour work week. Social Security,  the civil rights movement and on and on.
You want to go back in time and have to worry whether your crops will fail and if they do will you and your entire family starve? Want to go back to lynchings? Want to work 100 hours a week for whatever your boss decides to pay you and be forced to buy everything at the company store and have it taken out of your paycheck that may or may not be issued?  Be my guest.

Ah, easy there.  No one that wrote the OP has mentioned taking away and rights, or asked anyone to demand back any rights that their predecessors may have given up, in order to achieve some good things.  What I was really suggesting is that we may have drifted a bit too far to the left, in recent years.  We now have sections of the population that were once looking for equality, now using violence seeking "vengeance", we have a great many of the population afraid to point out potential, and some times actualized terrorists..  all in the name of "political correctness".  I can think of at least a couple of cases in the past year, where if people would have just stood up and demanded that attention be paid to suspicious individuals, terrorist acts may not have occurred on US soil.

To the ones thinking that the ACA was going to be some great "savior" to folks without insurance?  Ask those folks how their "40 hour work week" is going.  Fact is that many industries that the ACA was supposed to target (no pun intended) have reduced many folks to part time, thus leaving them on their own to pay for insurance, that they still can't afford.  While, many others that were promised reduced premiums and the like, are all paying much, much more to accommodate those without proper insurance.  As for the last sentence in your post, Hahaha.  Many of our jobs that used to provide a family income, are now in countries where forcing people to work as many hours as necessary, with low pay, are the norm. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-11-2016, 05:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As we are in the twilight of the Obama Presidency, it is fun to take a look at all of the great achievements that "Hope and Change" have brought about.  We've had a failed stimulus plan, failed corporate bailouts, the lowest labor participation rate since the depression, soaring racial tensions, a continued effort to take in the most refugees of any Nation, a steep rise in divisiveness among all sects, and a war on the very police that serve and protect us to live and work to pay our taxes.  And that is just the beginning.  On the World stage, we are viewed generally as weaker, more vulnerable, and passive.  As evidenced by the blatant disrespect shown by budding Superpowers Russia and China.

But, what really takes the cake is the continued decline in median home income, across all demographics.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/daniel-mitchell/average-family-today-has-less-income-when-obama-took-office?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cnsnews&utm_term=facebook&utm_content=facebook&utm_campaign=b-family-income

Read it for yourself, and then decide.

I didn't realize the President dictated to companies what they pay their employees.

But, I guess it is progress we aren't still blaming poor people for the financial collapse?
(06-13-2016, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: You know how you get tired of the word "racist" being thrown around?

Well, in the real world, when you describe a man elected TWICE to the highest office in the land as a "token"....that REALLY makes you sound racist.

Rock On

He is a douche.  And it's not racist to call him worthless.   He was elected by calling bill Clinton a racist and beating two tomato cans in McCain and Romney.  

His accomplishments are raising everyone's health care costs, giving Iran a path to nukes, and paving the way to Isis and loads of christian deaths all over the Middle East.   Throws Britain under the bus whenever he could ..... And let's not forget how much he hates law enforcement.   

And we haven't even scratched the surface.:.. His wife has told countless graduates that America sucks.   
(06-14-2016, 07:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is a douche.  And it's not racist to call him worthless.   He was elected by calling bill Clinton a racist and beating two tomato cans in McCain and Romney.  

His accomplishments are raising everyone's health care costs, giving Iran a path to nukes, and paving the way to Isis and loads of christian deaths all over the Middle East.   Throws Britain under the bus whenever he could ..... And let's not forget how much he hates law enforcement.   

And we haven't even scratched the surface.:.. His wife has told countless graduates that America sucks.   

You called him a "token".

That is racist.

Everything else is you making a movie and saying it is "based on actual events".  

Like saying "The Purge" is based on a night where a family got killed.
(06-14-2016, 07:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is a douche.  And it's not racist to call him worthless.   He was elected by calling bill Clinton a racist and beating two tomato cans in McCain and Romney.  

Who gave the path to nukes to Pakistan and North Korea?

Paving the way to ISIS?  It is amazing how people understand so little about what they complain about.
(06-14-2016, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: You called him a "token".

That is racist.

Everything else is you making a movie and saying it is "based on actual events".  

Like saying "The Purge" is based on a night where a family got killed.

Lots of people said they voted for him because he was black.   

That would make him a token.  
(06-14-2016, 03:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who gave the path to nukes to Pakistan and North Korea?

Paving the way to ISIS?  It is amazing how people understand so little about what they complain about.

So excuse obama's bad behavior by extending history and saying it's ok because others did the same?   

So I guess the Muslims can fall back on welp hitter did it so I guess it's ok for us to do it .... 
(06-14-2016, 04:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So excuse obama's bad behavior by extending history and saying it's ok because others did the same?   

So I guess the Muslims can fall back on welp hitter did it so I guess it's ok for us to do it .... 

If you think history started in 2008 that explains a lot. Or that nothing before that counts or had an affect on current events.
im liking the progressiveness...seeing it eat away at Lucie causing him to give way to glorious tears is satisfying
People suck
(06-14-2016, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you think history started in 2008 that explains a lot.  Or that nothing before that counts or had an affect on current events.

(06-14-2016, 04:48 PM)Griever Wrote: im liking the progressiveness...seeing it eat away at Lucie causing him to give way to glorious tears is satisfying

I have been pretty clear a consistent that progressivism started with Teddy Roosevelt and put on steroids by Woodrow Wilson and several others.  
(06-12-2016, 08:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do know that a big reason why the economy collapsed under the Bush administration was due to Clinton, right? Signing in the housing act that caused the market to collapse, 

This never happened.  The market did not collapae because of any housing bill.
(06-15-2016, 11:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This never happened.  The market did not collapae because of any housing bill.

Na it crashed because the gov backed loans.   The banks have them out at will because the gov assumed the risk.    

If we don't have Fannie or Freddie we don't have the housing bubble.  
(06-14-2016, 04:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lots of people said they voted for him because he was black.   

That would make him a token.  

And you keep using the term token.

That makes you a racist.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema