Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, what have 8 years of Progressivism brough us?
As we are in the twilight of the Obama Presidency, it is fun to take a look at all of the great achievements that "Hope and Change" have brought about. We've had a failed stimulus plan, failed corporate bailouts, the lowest labor participation rate since the depression, soaring racial tensions, a continued effort to take in the most refugees of any Nation, a steep rise in divisiveness among all sects, and a war on the very police that serve and protect us to live and work to pay our taxes. And that is just the beginning. On the World stage, we are viewed generally as weaker, more vulnerable, and passive. As evidenced by the blatant disrespect shown by budding Superpowers Russia and China.

But, what really takes the cake is the continued decline in median home income, across all demographics.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/daniel-mitchell/average-family-today-has-less-income-when-obama-took-office?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cnsnews&utm_term=facebook&utm_content=facebook&utm_campaign=b-family-income

Read it for yourself, and then decide.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Here's how one person showed the effects of Obama's economy.

[Image: original.jpg]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-11-2016, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's how one person showed the effects of Obama's economy.

Well, his original campaign did promise:

[Image: Screenshot2012-09-20at42821PM_zpsdb433335.png]

He didn't promise good or bad....just change.
But he did rename Mt Mckinley, so there's that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

8 years of George W Bush followed by 8 years of Obama and NOW 4-8 years of Clinton/Trump to look forward to. America is starting to remind me of that friend we all have who just keeps dating crazy psychos and asking for advice and then doesn't take it.
(06-11-2016, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's how one person showed the effects of Obama's economy.

LOL

As to the op, meh. Things have pretty well been the same since Nixon. The direction has been pretty much the same regardless of who's president since then. Because while everyone keeps focusing on one guy, they keep reelecting their congressman who is pretty well selling them out. Take Kentucky. We keep sending Mitch McConnell back and he keeps running on a pro-coal platform... Except his votes are anti-coal, he's supportive of efforts to phase coal out, etc.

You want something different? Vote out your congressman every term. Doesn't matter the party, just vote for the other guy.
8 years? We have had progressivism since Teddy Roosevelt. With the few rare breaks between then and now it's been almost nonstop progressives
(06-11-2016, 06:37 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

As to the op, meh. Things have pretty well been the same since Nixon. The direction has been pretty much the same regardless of who's president since then. Because while everyone keeps focusing on one guy, they keep reelecting their congressman who is pretty well selling them out. Take Kentucky. We keep sending Mitch McConnell back and he keeps running on a pro-coal platform... Except his votes are anti-coal, he's supportive of efforts to phase coal out, etc.

You want something different? Vote out your congressman every term. Doesn't matter the party, just vote for the other guy.

I've been rooting for this to happen.

8 years of Congress shutting down instead of trying to find the middle ground on any of Obama's attempts to make worthwhile change. 8 years of the GOP stirring up racial tensions because a white guy isn't in the White House and their inbred followers and supporters eating it all up. 8 years of trying to recover from a crap load of pointless wars started by the last GOP president declared using lies and misdirection, all the while drowning the country in mounting debt. 8 years of dropping gas prices after Bush got them raised to historic levels while him and his buddies bathed in profits from it and his illegal wars. 8 years of trying to undo the damage wrought by the Republican party to the national economy and employment rates.

Yeah it's been a shitty 8 years. But it's been a way shit tier 16.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-11-2016, 07:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: 8 years of Congress shutting down instead of trying to find the middle ground on any of Obama's attempts to make worthwhile change. 8 years of the GOP stirring up racial tensions because a white guy isn't in the White House and their inbred followers and supporters eating it all up. 8 years of trying to recover from a crap load of pointless wars started by the last GOP president declared using lies and misdirection, all the while drowning the country in mounting debt. 8 years of dropping gas prices after Bush got them raised to historic levels while him and his buddies bathed in profits from it and his illegal wars. 8 years of trying to undo the damage wrought by the Republican party to the national economy and employment rates.

Those pesky checks and balances getting in the way!!! Obama and the Dems had full control over congress his first 2 years. A majority control in the senate for another 2 after that, but yeah...keep pretending everything is all one parties fault   Mellow

And to Benton's point. I totally agree. Congress has needed term limits for a long time. It's way overdue. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-11-2016, 07:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: 8 years of Congress shutting down instead of trying to find the middle ground on any of Obama's attempts to make worthwhile change. 8 years of the GOP stirring up racial tensions because a white guy isn't in the White House and their inbred followers and supporters eating it all up. 8 years of trying to recover from a crap load of pointless wars started by the last GOP president declared using lies and misdirection, all the while drowning the country in mounting debt. 8 years of dropping gas prices after Bush got them raised to historic levels while him and his buddies bathed in profits from it and his illegal wars. 8 years of trying to undo the damage wrought by the Republican party to the national economy and employment rates.

Obama and his wife have done more to stir up racial problems than anyone since the black panthers 
OMG! Someone said the P word...here it comes.

(06-11-2016, 06:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 8 years?   We have had progressivism since Teddy Roosevelt.   With the few rare breaks between then and now it's been almost nonstop progressives

Hilarious

(06-11-2016, 08:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obama and his wife have done more to stir up racial problems than anyone since the black panthers 

Cool story.

Meanwhile the GOP candidate for POTUS is blaming race for a judge ruling against him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I still have yet to understand the blame we shoulder the POTUS with for things. How the market and economy react to things in Washington has as much to do with Congress as POTUS. The economy can especially react to those two branches not being able to cooperate, which is a "takes two to tango" scenario.

All of our elected officials are to blame for this, not just Obama, not just one party, and not Progressivism. The inability to put the good of the country ahead of their own personal gains or egos is the problem.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-11-2016, 08:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I still have yet to understand the blame we shoulder the POTUS with for things. How the market and economy react to things in Washington has as much to do with Congress as POTUS. The economy can especially react to those two branches not being able to cooperate, which is a "takes two to tango" scenario.

All of our elected officials are to blame for this, not just Obama, not just one party, and not Progressivism. The inability to put the good of the country ahead of their own personal gains or egos is the problem.

Well sure if you want to take a long look at things.

But how does that help me get elected this year?  I can't spread blame or look at historical trends when I can just blame whoever is on the other side of the aisle and call people losers.

Haven't the Dems controlled Congress during Obama's tenure as long as the Reps?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-11-2016, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Haven't the Dems controlled Congress during Obama's tenure as long as the Reps?

Yeah they did. Those years were when the government didn't shut down every 3 months.

I remember how many times the Democratic party shut down the government when Bush was bungling the job.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-11-2016, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Haven't the Dems controlled Congress during Obama's tenure as long as the Reps?

No...but define "controlled".

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/mass-destruction/blog-of-mass-destruction-1.298992/when-obama-had-total-control-of-congress-1.332977
(06-11-2016, 08:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah they did. Those years were when the government didn't shut down every 3 months.

I remember how many times the Democratic party shut down the government when Bush was bungling the job.

Dems shut down bush's last couple of years.    And they also wasted their control on passing Obamacare.   Had they not done that mess they might have been able to pass reasonable legislation.   

20 years from now we will look back and see what a sham presidency Obama had...    
(06-11-2016, 10:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dems shut down bush's last couple of years.    And they also wasted their control on passing Obamacare.   Had they not done that mess they might have been able to pass reasonable legislation.   

20 years from now we will look back and see what a sham presidency Obama had...    

You think it'll take that long?

Bush wasn't even out of office and everyone knew how bad he screwed the pooch. Or maybe I should talk about the bang up job his daddy did. Or how Reagan's presidency is still ***** up the country.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-11-2016, 11:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You think it'll take that long?

Bush wasn't even out of office and everyone knew how bad he screwed the pooch. Or maybe I should talk about the bang up job his daddy did. Or how Reagan's presidency is still ***** up the country.

It's a shame reagan was saddled with a democrat led congress.    It would have been nice to see him not have to compromise on so many things...   Also the Cold War race drove us to places we had to go unfortunately

How many good presidents do you think we have had since Teddy Roosevelt?