Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....what is everyone looking for tomorrow night?
(08-08-2018, 05:07 PM)McC Wrote: I believe the plan is to call the hell out of it on anything even close during the pre season and then hopefully get a handle on it by the time the season starts.

So preseason games will be 5+ hours long lol
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 04:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Won't be able to see here in Washington, but if I could, obviously the line play and also the subtle nuances that would be different than the last couple of seasons.

If you have NFL Network and a DVR, it's airing 4 am Saturday.
Reply/Quote
All I'm looking for is solid execution by the starting platoons, in their brief time on the field. No injuries, and some surprise performances by the campers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm looking to see how our O-Line opens up lanes for Mixon and Gio to get going, also looking to see how Andy is protected and how aggressive the d-line has become
Reply/Quote
On defense, I hope to see tight coverage on the back end throughout the entire game. I don't want to see any of those soft zones that have killed us in the past. If a Bear catches it, there needs to be a defender nearby.

On O, just enough production to see some of the value in these younger receivers. Core and Malone should have decent games if the hype is real, but will need decent QB/line play to see it.
Reply/Quote
O-line first and foremost, linebackers 2nd, then just all the rookies and new guys.
Reply/Quote
You know what would be sweet tho. First play of the game for offense throw a bomb to Ross. Off chance he catches it and scores that momentum carries him all season..... worst case scenario he drops it lol
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Former Louisville Cardinals Preston and Jonathan Brown will certainly have my attention.

Of course the OL, well everybody except Boling that is. Know what he brings already.

Billings, Bates, Malone, Ross, Tate, Boyd, and Hubbard will all garner my attention too.

Plus the new crop of cheerleaders, lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I want see how Hubbard, Willis, Billings, Evans, Jefferson, and Bates play. I think those guys will have to step up to make our defense better.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The young guys, particularly the lbs, d-line, and receivers. And of course the o-line. 
Reply/Quote
To see Ross catch his first pass in the NFL, Price have no botched snaps and hold his own, and most importantly no injuries.

Reply/Quote
I want us to:

MAKE ADJUSTMENTS DURING THE HALF

*caps used to highlight, not to trigger.
Reply/Quote
Seven things:

1-Price's ability to lead offensive line, ability to get to second level, and identify Mike backer.
2-Rhythm and tempo of offense at least for the few series the first team offense is in the game.
3-penalties
4-Effectiveness of the secondary rotation and nickle packages (which should include Bates).
5-UDFA players like Worley, Fleer, and Flowers
6-Jon Brown's effectiveness on KO and accuracy from 40+
7-Lawson destroy everything including the water boy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 03:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Line play, although, even if they do block well, it won't cure my anxiety about the line this year but will just give me a little more faith because the Bears won't be throwing too much at us that's outside of base defense.

I'd also like to see Sam Hubbard get some pressure and to see if Ka'Raun White really has as much potential as he flashed at training camp.

I'm glad you brought up White, but it opens up a real sore spot with me. Guys like White, Devonte Boyd, and Kermit Whitfield (any UDFA) Wrs always end up in the game with our 2nd and 3rd teams, including our 2d and 3rd string QBs. This year in particular, those backup QBs, to quote Charles Barkley, are "turrible." I guess the film will reveal how much separation they can get going against other 2nd and 3rd string players, but if your QB isn't good, it negatively impacts your ability to make a play that garners you attention. It's harder to stand out. 

I hope White does well, though we're pretty loaded at WR. About the only guy I can see him replacing on the roster might be Cody Core, but I'm not sure. Chances are, White, D Boyd, and Whitfield are just trying to make the PS. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm sure those that know me, KNOW I will be watching the big boys up front intently....as a lot of folks likely will.  Just curious what the board is going to be watching for against the Bears.  

In particular, I'll be watching Price, and looking to see how much the blindside has improved with Glenn out there.  Of course, everyone will be looking at that right side.....as will I.....but I'm more intrigued with the potential improvements at C and LT.

Thoughts?
I know every year the answer on pregame is no injuries.  I am looking for more than no injuries. I'm going to be watching the blocking as much as TV camera lets me. The players union allows so few workouts anymore, that I don't expect miracles with them not in camp very long.  I do hope the blocking looks good in preseason game 3.  Really it doesn't count until regular season 30 some days away. 

The new O Line coach from Dallas finally gets to see Bengals O Line in action. My guess is he will not be pleased since the Bengals blocking has stunk last few years.  My guess is he will see many mistakes to get on them about.  Hopefully he can have them blocking close to what he had in Dallas in 2016 most of season. That's a huge hope, but that's my hope.  

The Offensive and Defensive Coordinators also have their first ever preseason game with Bengals. Some on here thought it was no big deal Lazor came on after regular season game 2 with no training camp or preseason of his playbook.  It actually was a big deal. He couldn't just throw a whole new playbook at them in mid season.  He did however speed plays up. Routes were making sense. He took over after worst offense start since 1930's. He got 7 wins out of the same bums who couldn't score a point before he got here. I'm looking for a better offense thanks to Lazor and the O Line coach from Dallas. I'm looking for Super Bowl Defense from 3 time Super Bowl coach Austin who excels in great secondary like Hall of Fame Dick LeBeau.  

I don't expect miracles in preseason game one.  In fact it might be great if they get a lot of mistakes on film for coaches to drill out of them over the next 30 days before regular season. I look for a sloppy game due to players union cut backs in practice time.  

With McCarron gone, back-up QB is wide open and Dalton will play very little in this one. We will get a long look at the back-ups tonight. I really think McCarron won't be missed because he really never did that much here. Some think he will really be missed, and I don't see how you miss a bench warmer. Anyway, I think these back-ups tonight will show in preseason they are as good as Big Mac.

GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 02:42 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I want us to:

*caps used to highlight, not to trigger.

You may not see much of that tonight.  They don't typically "game plan" in the preseason.  Especially game 1.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 07:34 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: You may not see much of that tonight.  They don't typically "game plan" in the preseason.  Especially game 1.

And they will also be making adjustments constantly anyway by rotating players and schemes to help get everyone on same page. So many new things this year.

Reply/Quote
No Injuries (It may go without saying, but I have to say it)

A True pocket for Dalton.

Legitimate rushing lanes for all our RBs and I am especially excited to see our fourth rounder Mark Walton.

Consistent pressure from our front four.

Uzomah to show that he is ready to make a leap as Kroft did a year ago.

Jordan Evans to look like he did against the Colts in preseason game #4 a year ago, take the WILL backer spot, and never look back.

Less than one Golf Clap, Let's Go from Marv
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 01:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Former Louisville Cardinals Preston and Jonathan Brown will certainly have my attention.  

Of course the OL, well everybody except Boling that is. Know what he brings already.  

Billings, Bates, Malone, Ross, Tate, Boyd, and Hubbard will all garner my attention too.

Plus the new crop of cheerleaders, lol.

Speaking of cheerleaders, did you see the article about the Rams and the Saints saying they will be the first teams to have male cheerleaders this year? And I'm not talking like male college cheerleaders, these guys will dress and dance with the ladies doing the same routines.  Ha, I had to laugh, because we have a had a couple of dudes on the Ben-Gals for a while now.....
Reply/Quote