Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....what is everyone looking for tomorrow night?
(08-08-2018, 03:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Love to see our 1st and 2nd units control OL and DL

Ross make a 1st down catch

Price no snap issues and hold the pocket

That's what I'm really looking for out of Billy.....I think the snaps will cure themselves if they haven't already.

(08-08-2018, 03:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wanna see the 1s just move the ball down the field series 1...  a pass for each WR and Eifert if he plays.

If they get 2 maybe go all run. and let them big boys on the OL get some work in.

Would love to see them march down the field in a cloud of "rubber pieces". Cool

(08-08-2018, 03:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: After I do my beer inventory, I will sit and focus on the time Andy has and what he does with it. Would love to see "0" balls thrown out of bounds and plays extended. Of course, that includes better OL play. Also interested in seeing who stands out. There always seems to be a few rookies that play better in games than in practice and their real talent stands out. W-L's dont matter. It's going to be a lot of fun watching pretty much everything.

That's what my biggest hope is......that he has more time.

(08-08-2018, 03:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Auden Tate and Sam Hubbard.

Agreed, love to see them excel early.

(08-08-2018, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This, but it's a given. I have no concerns at all now about the left side of the line, Glenn is healthy and is a top LT, Boling is more than solid. I'm looking to see the battle for RG and RT, and to see our run game.

I don't have any concerns there either, I'm just looking forward to see just how much the blindside has improved.  :andy:

(08-08-2018, 05:02 PM)McC Wrote: In addition to what you said, I wanna see how the run defense looks--what will Preston Brown look like, has Jordan Evans made progress, is Andrew actually living up to his Billings, etc.

I'm interested in seeing those two as well.

(08-08-2018, 05:04 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: On offense, the line. And the receivers. Defensively the linebackers.  Beyond that, the officials and how they call the new helmet rules.

Good point.....intriguing subplot.

(08-08-2018, 08:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On defense, I hope to see tight coverage on the back end throughout the entire game. I don't want to see any of those soft zones that have killed us in the past. If a Bear catches it, there needs to be a defender nearby.

On O, just enough production to see some of the value in these younger receivers. Core and Malone should have decent games if the hype is real, but will need decent QB/line play to see it.

Amen, would love to see that.

(08-09-2018, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No Injuries (It may go without saying, but I have to say it)

A True pocket for Dalton.

Legitimate rushing lanes for all our RBs and I am especially excited to see our fourth rounder Mark Walton.

Consistent pressure from our front four.

Uzomah to show that he is ready to make a leap as Kroft did a year ago.

Jordan Evans to look like he did against the Colts in preseason game #4 a year ago, take the WILL backer spot, and never look back.

Less than one Golf Clap, Let's Go from Marv

Really hoping that is the case with the revamp....also want to see what Walton has.

Agree with the rest, and would love to see Merv with some fire in his gut.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oline (for obvious reasons)

WR battle (my fear here is that the backup QB’s will be so bad that we will have no chance to see what some of these guys REALLY have in game action)

Defensive Secondary, most notably CB’s 4-7 (Phillips, Harris, etc.)

Reply/Quote
My alcohol, mostly.
Reply/Quote
Oline & LBers. Curious to see how the secondary plays as well & I hope to see some peoduction from the running game.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Speaking of cheerleaders, did you see the article about the Rams and the Saints saying they will be the first teams to have male cheerleaders this year? And I'm not talking like male college cheerleaders, these guys will dress and dance with the ladies doing the same routines.  Ha, I had to laugh, because we have a had a couple of dudes on the Ben-Gals for a while now.....

I can kind of see it with the Rams in the bastion of granola Los Angeles (fruits and nuts) and to a lesser degree New Orleans and Borbon Street, but  not in the Midwest like Cincinnati or anywhere else unless perhaps NY..  Anyway, who actually pays attention to cheerleaders other than a few drunk fans sitting close by just to check out the jiggles? It's not like they actually cheer on any team .  The cheerleading squad of every team is the very least of any team's problems . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Oh yeah ...what am I hoping to see (or listen or read about)?  Consistency above all else and not the consistently bad version. If the oline and overall offence can consistently keep the Bears defense on their heels and our defense consistently shutting down the Bears offense I'll feel much more confident heading into the regular season.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
First of all, it's preseason and everyone has to keep that into perspective, but tonight will be a good indicator IF it's apples to apples on the field.

In other words, starters vs starters, subs against subs, etc.

Even though it IS preseason, with the Bears subs have already having a game under their belt, and with the thrashing the Bears gave them last year, that should be enough motivation to hear about some intensive play in the stripes tonight, since they won't play them again for awhile.  

I think the biggest key to finishing better than 7-9 is whether or not they can play with an aggressive heart AND with discipline that has bitten them in the butt so often!
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see someone or a couple of guys have a dominating game at right tackle.

Jordan Evans look competent enough to replace Vontaze for a few weeks.

Our third string and below running backs look decent.

and how this new kick off rule plays out.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 03:44 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm glad you brought up White, but it opens up a real sore spot with me. Guys like White, Devonte Boyd, and Kermit Whitfield (any UDFA) Wrs always end up in the game with our 2nd and 3rd teams, including our 2d and 3rd string QBs. This year in particular, those backup QBs, to quote Charles Barkley, are "turrible." I guess the film will reveal how much separation they can get going against other 2nd and 3rd string players, but if your QB isn't good, it negatively impacts your ability to make a play that garners you attention. It's harder to stand out. 

I hope White does well, though we're pretty loaded at WR. About the only guy I can see him replacing on the roster might be Cody Core, but I'm not sure. Chances are, White, D Boyd, and Whitfield are just trying to make the PS. 

I agree but I’m just hoping that they give him a few chances and he can make an athletic play/acrobatic catch that makes them realize that maybe he deserves more of a chance because I liked what I saw in training camp.

I think he could be good for a few big plays with the defense not expecting it, especially in preseason.
Reply/Quote
I’m watching center right guard n right tackle. Still feel we are a year away need an upgrade in the worst way. Hart , Hopkins n Ogbuehi were hot garbage last year. I seriously doubt a coaching change will make that much of a difference.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:25 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’m watching center right guard n right tackle.   Still feel we are a year away need an upgrade in the worst way.   Hart , Hopkins n Ogbuehi were hot garbage last year.  I seriously doubt a coaching change will make that much of a difference.

Absolutely the way I feel as well.  I think the coaching change will help quit a bit (aggressive vs. passive, different scheme, etc), but I don't think it's going to be a miracle overnight sensation either.  I feel the OL will go from absolute horse shit to decent.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Speaking of cheerleaders, did you see the article about the Rams and the Saints saying they will be the first teams to have male cheerleaders this year? And I'm not talking like male college cheerleaders, these guys will dress and dance with the ladies doing the same routines.  Ha, I had to laugh, because we have a had a couple of dudes on the Ben-Gals for a while now.....

If they break out into Bengal-esque Square Dance routine, that would be cool.  You know, specially when we have those games where the team gave up. They'll need to cut half the female cheerleaders and hire more guys for that though.
Then the cheerleader team will have the Ben-gals and Ben-gonads?!?!?!?  Hilarious Nervous
Reply/Quote
1. I'll be watching Price like a hawk. I'm not worried about our other new addition.
2. Ross. Obviously.
3. Looking for any signs of a physical blocking scheme/run game. I want to see Smash mouth, and I'm not talking about Shrek.
4. Would be nice to see Eifert on a football field.
5. Preseason defense is very vanilla, so I guess I just want to see sound tackling there. Some turnovers would be a nice sign.

Oh...and NO. INJURIES.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
After today, we'll have football every weekend until early February! We survived the offseason.

Oh and everyone else pretty much covered it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are my AFC team and the Bears are my NFC team, so I'm quite pumped for how efficient this first pre-season game will be.

Woo! Efficiency!
Reply/Quote
Come to think of it, I want to see TJ Johnson really step up his game and be ready to start at Center should ..... gasp.... something happen to Price.
I'd also like to see a couple of plays with Boling at LT (in case something happens to Glenn) and with Redmon or  Westerman at guard. In fact, I'd like to see several different line configurations..... 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 01:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals are my AFC team and the Bears are my NFC team, so I'm quite pumped for how efficient this first pre-season game will be.

Woo!  Efficiency!

Wait a minute.. what do you mean "my NFC team", is this like having children and not having a favorite one but loving them equally kinda thing? Wink
Reply/Quote
I want to make sure the laces are out when kicking field goals.

Spearchucker Jones get in some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays.....

In Greek mythology the Titans were greater than even the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that football field out there is our universe, the Bengals will rule it with absolute power.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 01:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wait a minute.. what do you mean "my NFC team", is this like having children and not having a favorite one but loving them equally kinda thing? Wink

I wouldn't know, my mother never hid the fact that I was in 2nd place out of 2.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see some efficiency out of the first string offense for how ever long they play. After that holes for the running backs and a backup QB to step up and get the ball to some of these young receivers.

On defense I would love it if the second string defense line really dominates the game and of course solid tackling by everyone in the back seven.

Last but not least I want to see who is playing special teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote