Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when do we know?
(01-09-2022, 08:14 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's either the Raiders or Patriots.

I am watching NE now. Not impressive.
Reply/Quote
What we know:

#1 Seed: Titans (bye)
#2 Seed: Chiefs

That is it. In terms of seeding spots secured.

However, there are some things that are CLOSE to being clinched.

#7 Seed: It is Pittsburgh unless the Chargers/Raiders game is a tie. If that happens, the Botls are the #6, the Raiders #7, and we play whomever does not win the AFC East. Bills win or Pats loss gives us the Pats.

The only way we don't get the AFC East loser is with a Bills loss/tie, Chargers win, + Pats win/tie.

I don't think the Raiders can get to #5. Correct me if I am wrong. If I have that right, if the Bills win or Pats lose, we get NE.

FWIW, Dolphins up 24-10.
Reply/Quote
#1 Titans.
-------------
#2 Chiefs
#3 Bills
#4 Bengals
-----------
#5: Pats (if Raiders win) or LAC/LV tie; Chargers if they win.
Reply/Quote
We have NE if Chargers win if raiders win we have raiders
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: #1 Titans.
-------------
#2 Chiefs
#3 Bills
#4 Bengals
-----------
#5: Pats (if Raiders win) or LAC/LV tie; Chargers if they win.

That is what I get for basing my post on a Pats SB Nation page.  

I stand corrected. 

Go Raiders. 
Reply/Quote
I’ll take Raiders over the Hoodie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Pats beat the Chargers.  I don't get how the Chargers get the higher seed if they tie. 

They don't. If they tie, the Chargers are 1/2 game worse than NE. Higher seeded WC plays lower seeded DW.

Regardless, the Chargers can not overtake NE.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
So as of now it looks like if the Raiders win we face them. If the Chargers win we face NE. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Really don’t want to go against that Raider D line.
Reply/Quote
I'm saying regardless of opponent we get the 4:30 Sunday Game.

KC v. Pitt get Monday Night.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’ll take Raiders over the Hoodie.

Absolutely. Me too. The Bengals only beat the Patriots once in the Marvin Lewis era; it was at Paul Brown Stadium in 2013.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So as of now it looks like if the Raiders win we face them. If the Chargers win we face NE. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Really don’t want to go against that Raider D line.

We handled the Raiders handily in Vegas. Though it was close for a while. 

Pats did not look inpressive to me.  They lost their rookie DT who was top 10 in interior QB pressures.   

We avoided the Chargers, so that is a win. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We handled the Raiders handily in Vegas. Though it was close for a while. 

Pats did not look inpressive to me.  They lost their rookie DT who was top 10 in interior QB pressures.   

We avoided the Chargers, so that is a win. 

Oh so there’s no way we can face Buff or the Chargers next week?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Oh so there’s no way we can face Buff or the Chargers next week?

Damn sure can't face Buf and if Chargers get in they lose tiebreaker to NE. 

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Oh so there’s no way we can face Buff or the Chargers next week?

Correct. We play the Pats if the Chargers win or tie with the Raiders, and the Raiders if they win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
We are on to Cincinnati is about to come true for Belicheck again..
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:10 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Correct. We play the Pats if the Chargers win or tie with the Raiders, and the Raiders if they win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNF just confirmed this, just before Drew Brees answered the "Is there a favorite in the AFC" question by saying maybe KC because they've been there before, paused, and then said slowly "but the Cincinnati Bengals... this high powered offense is much watch and I think has what it takes"
Reply/Quote
Early forecast calls for crappy weather this upcoming weekend. I've constantly said: I want the Pats, but with crappy weather I'd prefer the indoor team

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Early forecast calls for crappy weather this upcoming weekend. I've constantly said: I want the Pats, but with crappy weather I'd prefer the indoor team

Really? Apparently some don’t remember the Pats and some crappy weather. Short lived but crappy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Really?  Apparently some don’t remember the Pats and some crappy weather. Short lived but crappy.

I remember the pats beating the Bills in crappy weather this year with Mac and cheese throwing 3 passes and completing 1...
Reply/Quote