Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who do we root for again?
Now that the Steelers won. Who needs to win this weekend to eliminate the Steelers?
Reply/Quote
To make the playoffs the Steelers need one of the following...
Bills loss
Jags loss or tie
Texans and Colts tie each other

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 09:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: To make the playoffs the Steelers need one of the following...
Bills loss
Jags loss or tie

I was rooting for the Steelers today only for the Bills to win in OT against Miami with a 50-yard field goal with no time left on the clock.
Eliminating the Steelers, Priceless!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
From CBS Sports

“What to know: The Steelers got their win over the Ravens, and now need some help to make the postseason. Pittsburgh will be the No. 6 seed with a Jaguars loss and Bills loss. The Steelers will be the No. 7 seed with Bills win and Jaguars loss or a Jaguars win and Bills loss.
****If the Jaguars and Bills win, the Steelers are eliminated****. “
Reply/Quote

I saw this earlier. I guess the first part happened. So at the very least no matter what happens to our draft positioning the Steelers will pick after us. Unless they trade up which isn't that unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 09:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: To make the playoffs the Steelers need one of the following...
Bills loss
Jags loss or tie

Well, there goes the tie option.  Tough loss for Indy, that last drive was clicking and then the drop.  I reacted pretty much the same way Goodson did.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
if the ravens, browns and squeelers make the playoffs, its gonna be a rough season for sure.. lets hope the squeelers get eliminated tomorrow, and that the browns face the ravens in the first playoff game to rid another divisional team from the playoffs ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 04:31 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: if the ravens, browns and squeelers make the playoffs, its gonna be a rough season for sure.. lets hope the squeelers get eliminated tomorrow, and that the browns face the ravens in the first playoff game to rid another divisional team from the playoffs ASAP.

Ravens have a bye in the first playoff round. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For those wondering about the draft we are currently at pick #16 on current draft tables.

It seems a win vs the Browns could put us at pick  #18. Depending on Rams and Jags

A loss vs the Browns and the Seahawks, Broncos, Saints, win we would move up one spot with each of these teams winning their game.  The highest we could pick is seemingly #13.

Regardless, if we finish 9-8 or 8-9, we will pick AFTER any team that has the same record as us as our strength of schedule was the hardest in the NFL.  Odd tiebreaker.

The latest mock drafts provide the following players for our window:

PFF's Trevor Sikemma is the most interesting with 4 QBs, 3 OTs and 3 WRs ahead of us.  Leaving DT1 Newton and Brock Bowers at #15 and 16 respectfully, just about every other draft has the 2 going much earlier.  RT Latham is available as well.  Not sure how his last performance will impact his draft status.

(edited)

Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

But we could have the same or better record than the Colts, Jags, Packers, Bucs and Rams which would push us to #21, assuming the tie breaker is the SOS...?  I asked Joe about this, I'll post if provides a response.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

So playoff teams will draft after pick #19.  Good catch.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: But we could have the same or better record than the Colts, Jags, Packers, Bucs and Rams which would push us to #21, assuming the tie breaker is the SOS...?  I asked Joe about this, I'll post if provides a response.

Playoff teams.

Lowest any non-playoff team can pick is #18 which they could move to with a win because they have a tiebreaker over the Colts and a Jaguars loss. They move #17 if Jaguars win (Steelers #18). With a loss rhe Bengals move up one spot each for Seattle, Denver, and New Orleans wins.

Edit:Wins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

I've been following this one.

edit...we are now 99 percent locked into pick 18
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals somehow end up above the Seahawks and Broncos that could be a solid spot to collect an extra pick if one of those teams want to move up a spot or 2 for a QB above one another.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Looking at this it all looks really likely to happen except maybe Denver beating the Raiders. So where do the Bengals end up if we beat win and so do the Raiders but everyone else loses?
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but we really need to lose today. Of course we will win. But Driskel is no slouch and maybe he will prove that we had a backup the whole time.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:54 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I hate to say it but we really need to lose today. 

I agree.  I will certainly watch and won't complain if we win.  But, it's not just missing out on a player if we don't draft higher, but it's the draft capital we'd lose... should we do some trading back also.  For instance, if we traded pick 13 for pick 18, it's worth an early 3rd rounder.  That's how much extra... pick 13 is worth.
Reply/Quote
Now that our boys have secured a winning season and the Steelers have made their way into the playoffs we gotta relook our rooting interests this PM:

If Denver Wins do we move above them in Draft order?

Which matchup do you want against the Steelers?

IF BUF wins it'll be BUF, If MIA wins it'll be KC.

And look on the Bright Side. At least you're not a JAX fan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that our boys have secured a winning season and the Steelers have made their way into the playoffs we gotta relook our rooting interests this PM:

If Denver Wins do we move above them in Draft order?

Which matchup do you want against the Steelers?

IF BUF wins it'll be BUF, If MIA wins it'll be KC.

And look on the Bright Side. At least you're not a JAX fan

I believe we are at pick 18 no matter what....?

Reply/Quote