Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who do you think we'll take in round 1?
Somebody good is going to be BPA at #9 because there's probably going to be two QBs picked in first 8 if history is any indicator.

I'd be fine with Garrett, Allen, Williams, Robinson, Foster, Fornuette, Burnett or Charlton. If those 8 go before 9, then try to trade down?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Somebody good is going to be BPA at #9 because there's probably going to be two QBs picked in first 8 if history is any indicator.

I'd be fine with Garrett, Allen, Williams, Robinson, Foster, Fornuette, Burnett or Charlton. If those 8 go before 9, then try to trade down?

this is the year where there aren't any qbs drafted in the first round or at least not before 20. What qbs do u have at 1-8?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: this is the year where there aren't any qbs drafted in the first round or at least not before 20. What qbs do u have at 1-8?

Watson and Turbisky. You can't rate QBs like other players. Even a QB rated as the 20th best prospect will get pushed up by need, happens almost every year. The team taking a QB in the top 10, might not even be in the top 10 right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:57 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Watson and Turbisky. You can't rate QBs like other players. Even a QB rated as the 20th best prospect will get pushed up by need, happens almost every year. The team taking a QB in the top 10, might not even be in the top 10 right now.

yeah but as of right now there are no qbs outside of Trubisky with 1st round grades. Trubisky should go back if he knows what's good for him and Watson is projected at late second round. I'm not saying it will happen but if there was ever a year for no qbs in first round it's this year if trubisky doesn't come out. Watson's a pick machine which is why he isn't a first round pick. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah but as of right now there are no qbs outside of Trubisky with 1st round grades. Trubisky should go back if he knows what's good for him and Watson is projected at late second round. I'm not saying it will happen but if there was ever a year for no qbs in first round it's this year if trubisky doesn't come out. Watson's a pick machine which is why he isn't a first round pick. 

And this is why drafts are crap shoots and guessing. Find 10 people and you'll get 12 opinions on a prospect.

The ND guy Kizer is starting to generate buzz too. I'll take the winner with back to back 4,000 yard seasons and championship game appearances over two guys that haven't won anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: And this is why drafts are crap shoots and guessing. Find 10 people and you'll get 12 opinions on a prospect.

The ND guy Kizer is starting to generate buzz too. I'll take the winner with back to back 4,000 yard seasons and championship game appearances over two guys that haven't won anything.

Fwiw, what did Tom Brady win at Michigan? Ben at Miami? Brees at Purdue? Rodgers at Cal?

Then you have championship guys like McElroy and Tebow that never amount to much in the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/12/31/13908560/6-nfl-draft-prospects-who-make-sense-for-bengals-in-2017

Kind of ironic, how CJ's prospect list looks much like our collective list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, what did Tom Brady win at Michigan? Ben at Miami? Brees at Purdue? Rodgers at Cal?

Then you have championship guys like McElroy and Tebow that never amount to much in the NFL.

Brady started for 2 years, first year Michigan was co-Big Ten champs and went on to win the Citrus Bowl, second year Michigan won the Big Ten and beat Alabama in the Orange Bowl.

Ben's last year he led Miami to an undefeated record and #10 ranking and won the GMAC Bowl over Louisville.

Brees beat Michigan and OSU his senior year to win the Big Ten, but lost in the Rose Bowl.

Rodgers led Cal to a 10-1 record his Junior year and the only loss was to USC, which was a Juggernaut during Rodgers time at Cal.
Reply/Quote
I've looked at all the mock drafts over & over and I'm all over the board. It's going come down to who they bring back. So many questions marks & so many scenarios is going to make for a very interesting off season.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I actually could see us taking a corner back in lattimore at 8 best cover corner in draft and he needs time to learn only being a 1 year starter but in 2 years are cb could look like this dre k wjiii and lattimore. Williams makes most sense if we don't trade down.
Is that you Marvin??? CB seriously???
Reply/Quote
Now that Malik Hooker has officially announced that he will enter the draft, my entire perspective has taken a turn. Barring the unlikely fall of Garrett or Allen to the #9 spot, I would take Hooker over any other prospect.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now that Malik Hooker has officially announced that he will enter the draft, my entire perspective has taken a turn.  Barring the unlikely fall of Garrett or Allen to the #9 spot, I would take Hooker over any other prospect.

That's pretty much where I am too. Even if he goes before us, that would cause someone else to fall a spot too.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:32 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Is that you Marvin??? CB seriously???
I know I know but look at our corner back room In 2 years no pacman no dre k potentially wjii and Dennard as our starting corners. I do not want a corner just saying what the office could do. I want mostly Williams but with hooker news him too I'm stuck but still think Williams would be better for our team.
(01-02-2017, 07:22 PM)blt4584 Wrote: That's pretty much where I am too. Even if he goes before us, that would cause someone else to fall a spot too.
I really want Williams but I'm stuck because hooker is ed Reed and Eric berry
Reply/Quote
The problem with looking at Hooker is the team signed both safeties to long-term contracts. The Bengals will not select Hooker unfortunately.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 10:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The problem with looking at Hooker is the team signed both safeties to long-term contracts.   The Bengals will not select Hooker unfortunately.

Williams has very little guaranteed money in his contract.  The Bengals would save a good chunk of change if they cut him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Brady started for 2 years, first year Michigan was co-Big Ten champs and went on to win the Citrus Bowl, second year Michigan won the Big Ten and beat Alabama in the Orange Bowl.

Ben's last year he led Miami to an undefeated record and #10 ranking and won the GMAC Bowl over Louisville.

Brees beat Michigan and OSU his senior year to win the Big Ten, but lost in the Rose Bowl.

Rodgers led Cal to a 10-1 record his Junior year and the only loss was to USC, which was a Juggernaut during Rodgers time at Cal.

You were mentioning championships in your first post about "winners", but now you've lowered that standard to GMAC bowls, bowl losses, and one season where Rodgers went 10-1? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 02:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You were mentioning championships in your first post about "winners", but now you've lowered that standard to GMAC bowls, bowl losses, and one season where Rodgers went 10-1? 

Those were two separate mentions of Watson's quality's. He's a winner (2 ACC titles, 2 playoff game wins and currently 26-2 record as a starter) and he's been in 1 and soon to be 2 championship games.

Winning conferences titles, bowls games, playoffs and championships make you a "winner" in my opinion. Regular season wins are good too, but lots of guys will look good when the pressure is light. I want guys that get even better in those high pressure situations.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

1. I don't see us going Tackle, as it doesn't seem likely they'll give up on Ogbuehi this soon, and top 10 is usually too early to look at RT.
2. I don't see RB as likely, especially another one from LSU
3. Both Walter and Charlie mock Derek Barnett to us at 8, but Barnett is much shorter (word is he's 6'2") and smaller than a typical Bengals DE.
4. Top 10 seems high for a backer, but I guess this wouldn't completely stun me.
5. As much as we kid about CBs, I don't see it happening yet again.

Anybody jump out to you guys as an obvious pick if we're top 10?

Malik Hooker S, OSU-  This dude is amazing.  Gives us a play maker on the back end that we desperately need.  Great instincts, speed and can tackle.  People are comparing him to Ed Reed. Would love him at 9

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: As much as I like Mike Williams I just don't see the Bengals taking a wide receiver early in the first round.

My guess right now the linebacker from Alabama Foster.

The last non pass rushing linebacker to be taken in the top 10 was Luke Kuechley. Before that, Rolando McClain, Aaron Curry, Keith Rivers and Jerod Mayo.

I just don't think the value is going to be there for Foster. I hope we take a pass rusher or offensive tackle personally.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:14 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: we will take peppers book it

I fear you are correct.
Reply/Quote