Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who do you think we'll take in round 1?
(01-01-2017, 06:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: As much as I like Mike Williams I just don't see the Bengals taking a wide receiver early in the first round.

My guess right now the linebacker from Alabama Foster.

I hope you're right.  He's a difference maker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be okay with Foster, but as pointed out the track record of early 1st none rushing linebackers is not good. I'd prefer we go with Williams because when you get more single coverage you get easier throws, easier throws are quicker to diagnose, quick diagnosis makes the o line look better than they are.

I am all on board with a pass rusher in the 2nd. This is a very deep pass rushing class, and I'd look to a guy like Taco Charlton at the top of the 1st to come in and make an instant impact.
Reply/Quote
Gonna have to wait until we see which Juniors are declaring for the draft. There are a couple of really good edge rushers this year that may be coming out early...
Reply/Quote
my #1 guy would be hooker in round 1( i think the loss of Nelson hurt this defense more than we realize), but i wouldn't be upset with one of the pass rushers, then in round 2 you could look at a LB like mcmillan or watts little brother, a WR like juju or westbrook, could even go with a less sexy pick like elflein
Reply/Quote
If you listened to Lap the other night, he thought the Bengals would be looking pass rusher or cover guy.

So, I'm hoping we get a pass rusher. Now, I could also throw Hooker in the category of cover guy, but you never know. Even when I disagree with Lap, he's usually spot on.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

1. I don't see us going Tackle, as it doesn't seem likely they'll give up on Ogbuehi this soon, and top 10 is usually too early to look at RT.
2. I don't see RB as likely, especially another one from LSU
3. Both Walter and Charlie mock Derek Barnett to us at 8, but Barnett is much shorter (word is he's 6'2") and smaller than a typical Bengals DE.
4. Top 10 seems high for a backer, but I guess this wouldn't completely stun me.
5. As much as we kid about CBs, I don't see it happening yet again.

Anybody jump out to you guys as an obvious pick if we're top 10?

Yes.....find the square peg for the Bengals' round hole, and that will be your pick.....or....you know.....another CB.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hoping Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M falls to us. Need that pass rusher besides Dunlap.

Jamaal Adams S maybe.

Dalvin Cook RB i would be fine with as well.

Rueben Foster LB seems like more of a thumper and who i think we take right now. Although we need a cover backer who can tackle.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hoping Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M falls to us. Need that pass rusher besides Dunlap.

Jamaal Adams S maybe.

Dalvin Cook RB i would be fine with as well.

Rueben Foster LB seems like more of a thumper and who i think we take right now. Although we need a cover backer who can tackle.

I'm not sure what to think about Garrett at this point - a ton of his sacks came against garbage competition.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If you listened to Lap the other night, he thought the Bengals would be looking pass rusher or cover guy.

So, I'm hoping we get a pass rusher.  Now, I could also throw Hooker in the category of cover guy, but you never know.  Even when I disagree with Lap, he's usually spot on.

The best time to listen to Lap is right around the start of the draft. The team lets him and Hoard into the draft room. I think they tell them to keep things hush until draft day because we didn't hear from Lap until the day before the draft the past two years. However, he's the one who nailed the Eifert, Zeitler, and Ogbuehi picks. He also mentioned Dennard's name in 2014, but figured he'd be gone so he went with Roby. Last year his prediction was WJ3 if all three WRs were gone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not sure what to think about Garrett at this point - a ton of his sacks came against garbage competition.

Definately the concern with Garrett but he fits here more in MJ's spot than some of the others.

I was for Barnett earlier but he is smaller and doesn't have that initial burst off the snap that you need at LE.

Takk McKinley in the 2nd or Taco Charlton are thoughts if we don't go Garrett or another End in the first.

I guess we can find something wrong with every player can't we?
Reply/Quote
Take the player that needs the least amount of coaching to play at this level....because we basically have none anymore.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:35 AM)TheWhoDeyKid Wrote: Malik Hooker S, OSU-  This dude is amazing.  Gives us a play maker on the back end that we desperately need.  Great instincts, speed and can tackle.  People are comparing him to Ed Reed. Would love him at 9

Well, that seals the deal.  He will be a Raven or Steeler and thus, our nightmare for ten plus years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 01:13 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: my #1 guy would be hooker in round 1( i think the loss of Nelson hurt this defense more than we realize), but i wouldn't be upset with one of the pass rushers, then in round 2 you could look at a LB like mcmillan or watts little brother, a WR like juju or westbrook, could even go with a less sexy pick like elflein

Losing Nelson was a huge blow.  It left us with two SS's back there.  And Reggie was such a Steeler killer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: this is the year where there aren't any qbs drafted in the first round or at least not before 20. What qbs do u have at 1-8?

That doesn't matter.  At least one team will reach for a QB.  It never fails.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

1. I don't see us going Tackle, as it doesn't seem likely they'll give up on Ogbuehi this soon, and top 10 is usually too early to look at RT.
2. I don't see RB as likely, especially another one from LSU
3. Both Walter and Charlie mock Derek Barnett to us at 8, but Barnett is much shorter (word is he's 6'2") and smaller than a typical Bengals DE.
4. Top 10 seems high for a backer, but I guess this wouldn't completely stun me.
5. As much as we kid about CBs, I don't see it happening yet again.

Anybody jump out to you guys as an obvious pick if we're top 10?

My wish list in order i want 

1.Leonard Fournette.
2.Malik Hooker.
3.Dalvin Cook.
4.Jamal Adams
5.Derek Barnett

I really think if we took fournette or cook at 9 then go oline in 2nd it would help our offense.anything to get rid of hill.Im so tired of 3rd and 9+
Reply/Quote
I thought Malik Hooker wasn't coming out until next year?
Reply/Quote
We have several FAs that if we don't keep the draft will look much different than anyone expects. I just don't think we'll be in the position for bpa's very often come draft day..and for reasons unknown to me this team acts like OSU players are all toxic.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 11:23 AM)McC Wrote: That doesn't matter.  At least one team will reach for a QB.  It never fails.
Would rather them give us a high draft pick for mccarron than reach lol
(01-06-2017, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thought Malik Hooker wasn't coming out until next year?

He decided after bowl game to come out.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Would rather them give us a high draft pick for mccarron than reach lol

He decided after bowl game to come out.

Same here and yeah, just saw that today.

All for Hooker now, reminds me of Ed Reed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:06 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: My wish list in order i want 

1.Leonard Fournette.
2.Malik Hooker.
3.Dalvin Cook.
4.Jamal Adams
5.Derek Barnett

I really think if we took fournette or cook at 9 then go oline in 2nd it would help our offense.anything to get rid of hill.Im so tired of 3rd and 9+

I'm coming around on taking a RB at 9 and o-line in the 2nd. Anything to help fix this damn run game. I'd be ok with dumping Hill at this point, even though I don't think it's all on him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote