Poll: What do you do when the Bengals are out of it?
I stop watching football.
I drink, A LOT.
I start looking at draft possibilities.
I start giving my wife the attention I've forgotten for 16 weeks.
I find another team to hang some hope.
Curl into the fetal position and cry again
Inject Narcan
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who will you root for?
I was going to post this in "Around the NFL," but it din't fit. Simply because it's aimed at Bengals fans. Had a fellow Bengals friend tell me he will root for AFCN regardless of who is representing. Sorry, can't do that in playoffs ever. I mean I could root for the other Ohio team if they went in, but only because I'm a Buckeye by birth. Couldn't root for anyone else in the North. Although, I have to admit, I do watch other teams in the division, while rooting for the other team. My wife says I have a problem of letting stuff go. Well, if we ain't in it, and I refuse to root for Baltimore or Pittsburgh, than, well, maybe she's right?

No, she's not right. I hate both teams with a passion (hate Steelers far more than the Ravens). Browns I don't hate so much. Actually don't hate them at all, but I don't watch their games usually nor do I cheer for them. Good to see some success from them and if they win, hopefully sends a msg to the organization that Hue doesn't belong anywhere. Not even at Rumpke. 

I used to root for the Cowboys a bit, but I'm 51 and they were on every Sunday when I was a kid. I grew up with them. Hell, I even had a subscription to "Dallas Cowboys Weekly." My Dad, Brother and Sister was born in Chicago, so when they are in I root for them. My wife is an Indianapolis fan so if they are in I will root for them (trust me, it's a smart move). I can't stand the state of NY or Louisiana (Also hate Mississippi, but they don't have an NFL team). California teams are too political and it rains too much in Seattle (Love the 12th man there tho). 

I could go through every team, but I guess I wanted to ask what other Bengals fans do when we are out and have no chance? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, first of all, **** the Browns, I also was born in Ohio, and I fail to see how that has anything to do on God's green earth with being a Bengals fans and rooting for the Shit Stains. Thanks, I feel better now.

If we're not winning the division, I want the Ravens to. Why? Because no one here is a Ravens fans. I've never seen anyone here wearing a Ravens jersey that wasn't in the vicinity of PBS on game day.

As for the playoffs, as sadly happens most years, I have no team to root for, just those I despise the least. Amongst likely playoff teams this year, in order of least despised to most:

AFC: Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Texans, Ravens, Steelers

NFC: Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears

So, hoping for a Chiefs/Rams SB so I can enjoy it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Draft prep, Royal Rumble prep, and root for anyone against the Steelers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Patriots. They are the bane of the Steelers, they are the main reason the Steelers don't have like 11 SBs, and they are oh so close to having 6 SBs. I've said it before, but I don't see how any Bengals fan who legit hates the Steelers couldn't practically love the Patriots. If they're truly done, the Steelers are going to come sickeningly close to winning it all until Ben retires.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 09:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, first of all, **** the Browns, I also was born in Ohio, and I fail to see how that has anything to do on God's green earth with being a Bengals fans and rooting for the Shit Stains. Thanks, I feel better now.

If we're not winning the division, I want the Ravens to. Why? Because no one here is a Ravens fans. I've never seen anyone here wearing a Ravens jersey that wasn't in the vicinity of PBS on game day.

As for the playoffs, as sadly happens most years, I have no team to root for, just those I despise the least. Amongst likely playoff teams this year, in order of least despised to most:

AFC: Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Texans, Ravens, Steelers

NFC: Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears

So, hoping for a Chiefs/Rams SB so I can enjoy it.

In my op,I said I was 51. The Ravens are the Browns!

Reply/Quote
I'm a New Englander, so I usually pull for the Pats once the postseason rolls around. That said, I'm also ready for a definitive changing of the guard, so I'd be cool with a team like the Titans or Texans going on a run in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Patriots. They are the bane of the Steelers, they are the main reason the Steelers don't have like 11 SBs, and they are oh so close to having 6 SBs. I've said it before, but I don't see how any Bengals fan who legit hates the Steelers couldn't practically love the Patriots. If they're truly done, the Steelers are going to come sickeningly close to winning it all until Ben retires.

Agree. Patriots are my second favorite team I root for. Thank god for Tom Brady or they would be calling Big Ben the goat.
Reply/Quote
I’ve been a casual Chiefs fan for longer than I’ve been a diehard Bengals fan so I still have a team in it. I’ve hated the Steelers for more than 40 years so I could never ever root for them.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 09:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was going to post this in "Around the NFL," but it din't fit. Simply because it's aimed at Bengals fans. Had a fellow Bengals friend tell me he will root for AFCN regardless of who is representing. Sorry, can't do that in playoffs ever. I mean I could root for the other Ohio team if they went in, but only because I'm a Buckeye by birth. Couldn't root for anyone else in the North. Although, I have to admit, I do watch other teams in the division, while rooting for the other team. My wife says I have a problem of letting stuff go. Well, if we ain't in it, and I refuse to root for Baltimore or Pittsburgh, than, well, maybe she's right?

No, she's not right. I hate both teams with a passion (hate Steelers far more than the Ravens). Browns I don't hate so much. Actually don't hate them at all, but I don't watch their games usually nor do I cheer for them. Good to see some success from them and if they win, hopefully sends a msg to the organization that Hue doesn't belong anywhere. Not even at Rumpke. 

I used to root for the Cowboys a bit, but I'm 51 and they were on every Sunday when I was a kid. I grew up with them. Hell, I even had a subscription to "Dallas Cowboys Weekly." My Dad, Brother and Sister was born in Chicago, so when they are in I root for them. My wife is an Indianapolis fan so if they are in I will root for them (trust me, it's a smart move). I can't stand the state of NY or Louisiana (Also hate Mississippi, but they don't have an NFL team). California teams are too political and it rains too much in Seattle (Love the 12th man there tho). 

I could go through every team, but I guess I wanted to ask what other Bengals fans do when we are out and have no chance? 

I basically root for whoever is playing the Steelers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:55 AM)pally Wrote: I’ve been a casual Chiefs fan for longer than I’ve been a diehard Bengals fan so I still have a team in it. I’ve hated the Steelers for more than 40 years so I could never ever root for them.

Chiefs are cool. I give them total respect on how they handled the Kareem Hunt situation. That’s what a good organization does. Your right about the Steelers. No way, no how, not ever!

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In my op,I said I was 51. The Ravens are the Browns!

My apologies.  I momentarily confused the Fake Browns (as I often refer to them) with the Real Browns  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Rooting for the Saints to put a fork in the Steelers today.

I know if the Browns beat the Ravens like we did last year and the Steelers beat the Bengals next week the Steelers will get the AFCN title.
But if the Steelers lose to the Saints and the Ravens beat the Browns next week in Baltimore the Steelers are out of the playoffs, YESS!!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Im rooting for Chargers , hope Rivers gets to super bowl or Chiefs
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:47 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im rooting for Chargers , hope Rivers gets to super bowl or Chiefs

Rivers has never been to SB?

Reply/Quote
Miami or the chargers. I wouldn’t mind if they won. From the nfc; Mini maybe the bears on even New Orleans. I’d like to see some new teams playing for the championship instead of the same 4-5 we’ve been seeing most of the last couple decades.
Reply/Quote
We are in the Indy market here and I find myself pulling more and more for the Colts. Not to mention Capt. Andrew Luck is great.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Normally at this point, with these results I'd be out running around with my family and checking the scores later online, and not following any teams. My life has taken a turn recently that makes it much easier to just sit down and watch. I left my work and moved in with my 95 year old grandpa to take care of him so he doesnt have to go to a nursing home. My wife is holding down the fort at home and with my dad coming off back surgery it leaves me and one of my sisters who lives nearby to be the ones to do everything. He's a 40 year retired fireman and WW2 combat vet so the stories I get to hear every day have changed my perspective a bit over the last month. The way that applies to football is it just makes it easier for me to just enjoy watching the game and not care about the results. Bring on the Browns. I'm rooting for my Bengals still lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:47 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Normally at this point, with these results I'd be out running around with my family and checking the scores later online, and not following any teams. My life has taken a turn recently that makes it much easier to just sit down and watch. I left my work and moved in with my 95 year old grandpa to take care of him so he doesnt have to go to a nursing home. My wife is holding down the fort at home and with my dad coming off back surgery it leaves me and one of my sisters who lives nearby to be the ones to do everything. He's a 40 year retired fireman and WW2 combat vet so the stories I get to hear every day have changed my perspective a bit over the last month. The way that applies to football is it just makes it easier for me to just enjoy watching the game and not care about the results. Bring on the Browns. I'm rooting for my Bengals still lol.

Your grandpa is blessed to have a grandson like you and has the ability and the opportunity to be there for him. I salute you and your family.
Reply/Quote
I'll root for anybody who hasn't been in it much, or for awhile. I wouldn't mind seeing Big Whit and the Rams get a ring. The Chiefs would work or I wouldn't mind seeing Drew Brees win it again, I've always liked him.

As long as it's not the Steelers or Patriots I'm good really.
Reply/Quote
I hate the Ravens least in our division. Hoping the AFCN is a non factor in the end with my interest being in the Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, Rams

A SB combo of those teams would be refreshing and a pretty good game to boot you'd think.

Reply/Quote