Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who ya guys got Day 3?
So just wondering if anyone thinks there is a diamond-in-the-rough player out there?
I like the looks of Marcus Allen S PSU and Tyquan Lewis DE OSU. I would say Jessie Bates,but I think he will go Rd 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 01:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So just wondering if anyone thinks there is a diamond-in-the-rough player out there?
I like the looks of Marcus Allen S PSU and Tyquan Lewis DE OSU. I would say Jessie Bates,but I think he will go Rd 3.

4. Deshon Elliot Safety Texas
5.B.J Hill DT N.C State
5.Alex Cappa OT Humboldt St
5.James Adams RB Notre Dame
7.Kyle Allen QB Houston
7.Korey Robertson WR Southern Miss
7.Eddy Pinero K Florida
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 01:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So just wondering if anyone thinks there is a diamond-in-the-rough player out there?

Agreed on Bates, doubt he lasts past the 3rd round, hope we pick him there. A few guys i think could be diamonds in the rough...

Mike McCray LB Michigan, Poona Ford DT Texas, BJ Hill DT NCst, Deontay Burnett WR USC, Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma and Tyquan
Lewis's teammate, Jalyn Holmes the other End out of OSU.
Reply/Quote
Dominick Sanders, FS, Georgia - 17 career interceptions
Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State - AP All American and All Big-Sky with 49 Tkls, 3 TFL, 9 PBU, and 3 INT
Braxton Berrios, WR, Miami - Punt return all star and quick twitch slot WR
Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma - Reminds me of Ryan Hewitt but with better hands
Javon Wims, WR, Georgia - Huge catch radius. Juco transfer with limited tape but hugely impressive
Josh Sweat, DE, Florida State - Fringe Day 2/3 prospect but was a big time(#1) recruit out of high school that was lost in the shuffle of the FSU fiasco
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
I've seen him mocked all over the place, so unsure where he will go. But DaeSean Hamilton is a receiver I like A LOT. Great route runner and reminds me a ton of Marvin Jones.

Jordan Whitehead from Pitt is a good player as well. Instinctual and plays all over. Seems to have a great understanding for the game.

Ade Aruna is a sleeper pick I don't see many people talk about. Great measureables and raw talent, but will need to continue to learn the game and improve his craft. He hasn't played a ton of football.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:50 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Ade Aruna is a sleeper pick I don't see many people talk about. Great measureables and raw talent, but will need to continue to learn the game and improve his craft. He hasn't played a ton of football.

I like him a lot! Here are the ones I had in my latest mock draft... sorry the descriptions are a bit lengthy. Shawun Lurry is from my alma mater so he's my homer pick.

4: 112 - NT Deadrin Senat, South Florida

Pat Sims is gone, Andrew Billings has yet to show up, and Chris Baker just signed a 1-year deal. The Bengals really need someone to step up and fill the role as a consistent nose tackle on the defensive line. Deadrin Senat was an extremely productive player last year for South Florida: 66 tackles, 10 TFL, and 6 sacks. Senat is undersized for a defensive tackle at only 6’0” but he is strong as a bull and had 35 reps of 225 at the combine. He is a high energy player who always chases the ball. I really like Senat and think he competes for playing time immediately.

5: 151 - S Godwin Igwebuike, Northwestern

The Bengals are lacking some depth at safety and will most likely look into taking one during this year’s draft. Igwebuike was a four year starter in the Big Ten which is no small feat. He was a tackling machine for the Wildcats and had over 300 combined tackles as well as 7 interceptions in his career. He struggles a bit in coverage but has the athletic ability to match up well (4.44 40 in the combine). Igwebuike would most likely begin by playing on special teams and backing up starting safeties Shawn Williams and/or George Iloka.

5: 158 - RB Kalen Ballage, Arizona State

Ballage is a versatile running back that could be a good late round candidate for the Bengals. He split time with Demorio Richard at Arizona State but still proved to be productive. In his junior year he had over 1,000 yards from scrimmage (536 rushing + 469 receiving) and 15 touchdowns. He was also used on special teams as a kick returner. Overall, Kalen Ballage is a great height, weight, speed prospect who could come in to compete with Brian Hill for the third running back spot now that Jeremy Hill left in free agency.

5: 170 - DE Ade Aruna, Tulane

Late round picks are good opportunities to take a gamble on a player with potential… that’s exactly what Ade Aruna is. Aruna came from Nigeria and has only been playing football for five years. He is very athletic with a good NFL frame. Aruna played in both a 4-3 and 3-4 scheme in college but is more suited to be a base 4-3 defensive end. The concern with him is his lack of experience and relative lack of production at Tulane. His best season came in 2016 when he registered 10 TFL and 5 sacks. He wouldn’t need to play immediately for the Bengals, but with both Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson in contract years, having depth will be important.

7: 249 - TE Ethan Wolf, Tennessee

Sticking to the topic of players in contract years, the Bengals’ top three tight ends are all set to become free agents after the season: Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft, and C.J. Uzomah. Ethan Wolf will most likely never become a star in the NFL. That being said, he was a very consistent performer for four years in the SEC. Wolf was surprisingly not invited to the NFL scouting combine despite his quality production. He has good hands and is a willing blocker but doesn’t excel in either area. He only possesses average athleticism but could be a quality contributor in multiple tight end sets.

7: 252 - CB Shawun Lurry, Northern Illinois

I really like what the Bengals have at cornerback right now. Dre Kirkpatrick, William Jackson, and Darqueze Dennard have all played well. Josh Shaw can play safety or corner and KeiVarae Russell was a high draft pick at one point. Nevertheless, cornerback is a position that requires a lot of depth and with the loss of Adam Jones the Bengals could be looking to select at least one in this year’s draft. Shawun Lurry played in a smaller conference but was a exceptional player. He led the NCAA in interceptions in 2015, with 9, and seemed to play up to his competition with his best games coming against Ohio State, Boston College, and Nebraska. He is an undersized player at 5’8” but has some quickness and could be a good fit in the slot.

7: 253 - WR Devin Gray, Cincinnati

Why not take a local kid with the last pick. Devin Gray looked like a breakout player coming into the 2017 season, after gaining over 850 yards from scrimmage in 2016, but really regressed because of poor quarterback play. He performed well at the Cincinnati pro day and ran a 4.42 40 and will be a late round draft prospect. He was also used as a punt returner last season which could add some extra value. The Bengals roster is already full of young receivers (John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Cody Core, Josh Malone, Alex Erickson) but no one has emerged as a capable starter yet.
Reply/Quote
Tyquan Lewis, DE Ohio St
Tegray Scales, LB Indiana
Mike McCray, LB Michigan
Antonio Callaway, WR Florida (think off-field issues cause him to be available)
Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame
Godwin Igwebuike, S Northwestern
Jordan Thomas, TE Mississippi St (raw but has good potential like Uzomah coming out)
Darius Phillips, CB/RS Western Michigan
Maea Teuhema, OL Southeastern Louisiana
Troy Fumagalli, TE Wisconsin
Luke Falk, QB Washington St
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good stuff Domata94. :andy:

Senat and Aruna are intriguing.

I know i have asked this before but where is Anthony Miller WR Memphis projected?

Dude really impressed me last year the two times i got to see Memphis play.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff Domata94. :andy:

I know i have asked this before but where is Anthony Miller WR Memphis projected?

Nearly all of the projections I´ve seen have Miller going in round 2 or 3. The Memphis offense was always fun to watch... Miller produced really well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 05:33 PM)Domata94 Wrote: Nearly all of the projections I´ve seen have Miller going in round 2 or 3. The Memphis offense was always fun to watch... Miller produced really well. 

Thanks man, thought so was probably the most impressive Recevier i watched last year. Just completely dominated, may not
be that big Receiver but man does he work his ass off and produce. Amazing hands, grit and determination while running good
routes. Memphis was really fun to watch just like UCF, that was one hell of a game.

Also loved it when Memphis wears the tiger striped helmets. Like they did when they played UCLA early and beat them.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:57 PM)Domata94 Wrote: 5: 151 - S Godwin Igwebuike, Northwestern

The Bengals are lacking some depth at safety and will most likely look into taking one during this year’s draft. Igwebuike was a four year starter in the Big Ten which is no small feat. He was a tackling machine for the Wildcats and had over 300 combined tackles as well as 7 interceptions in his career. He struggles a bit in coverage but has the athletic ability to match up well (4.44 40 in the combine). Igwebuike would most likely begin by playing on special teams and backing up starting safeties Shawn Williams and/or George Iloka.

Very nice write up on quite a few of those players.

Igwebuike is such an underrated safety. I'm a very big fan of him and think if he could improve in coverage, like you said, he would do extremely well in the NFL. He has some great tape. His game style reminds me of Kam Chancellor. Not saying he will be as good as him, but they play a similar style.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 06:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Very nice write up on quite a few of those players.

Igwebuike is such an underrated safety. I'm a very big fan of him and think if he could improve in coverage, like you said, he would do extremely well in the NFL. He has some great tape. His game style reminds me of Kam Chancellor. Not saying he will be as good as him, but they play a similar style.

Kind of reminds me of a mix of Chancellor and our guy Iloka honestly.

Problem is we need a cover Safety which is why we brought in Coleman and Reid for looks.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of reminds me of a mix of Chancellor and our guy Iloka honestly.

Problem is we need a cover Safety which is why we brought in Coleman and Reid for looks.

For sure. I like Reid a lot and the Bengals have been rumored to really want to do 3 safety looks on defense

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff Domata94. :andy:

(04-10-2018, 05:33 PM)Domata94 Wrote: Nearly all of the projections I´ve seen have Miller going in round 2 or 3. The Memphis offense was always fun to watch... Miller produced really well. 

Miller is a rd1 talent that wiuld have gone rd2 but will probably go round 5-6 bc of his foot.
Reply/Quote
Tyquan Lewis tops the list
Reply/Quote
Armani watts safety
Jesse Bates safety
Chad Thomas de
Deshaun Hamilton
Jmon moore
Reply/Quote

Equanimeus St Brown
Hercules Mataafa
Folorunso Fatukasi
Ebenezer Ogundeko
Uchenna Nwosu
Maea Teuhema
Chukwuma Okorafor

These are the guys I would like drafted, for no reason other than their names.

Every time Mataafa makes a tackle, the entire stadium shouts HERCULES! 

Also, imagine the nicknames....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jordan Mailata. 6'8" 346lbs. Stacy Andrews type project. We drafted andrews in the 4th and he only had 1 year of college football experience. Mailata has none. But is a tough as nails rugby player and only 21 years old with all the tools.

Nick Bawden SDSU. 3 star QB recruit had an offer from Harvard. Started 2 games at QB for SDSU and was asked to switch to FB. Was the lead blocker for nations leading rusher in 2016 and 2017
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 02:59 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Equanimeus St Brown
Hercules Mataafa
Folorunso Fatukasi
Ebenezer Ogundeko
Uchenna Nwosu
Maea Teuhema
Chukwuma Okorafor

These are the guys I would like drafted, for no reason other than their names.

Every time Mataafa makes a tackle, the entire stadium shouts HERCULES! 

Also, imagine the nicknames....
Funny you never hear Nwoso's name mentioned much. Everytime you watched an USC game, you had to ask yourself, who is that guy! He was disrupting everything for opposing offenses! He's kind of like Lawson, is he LB or DE?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 10:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Jordan Mailata. 6'8" 346lbs. Stacy Andrews type project. We drafted andrews in the 4th and he only had 1 year of college football experience. Mailata has none. But is a tough as nails rugby player and only 21 years old with all the tools.

Nick Bawden SDSU. 3 star QB recruit had an offer from Harvard. Started 2 games at QB for SDSU and was asked to switch to FB. Was the lead blocker for nations leading rusher in 2016 and 2017

Mailata, I would put him as my NG and just let him punish the opposing center every play!
Reply/Quote