Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Fans Need an Eye Exam
(11-03-2017, 06:07 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This. 

He also gets scrutinized for not being Rodgers, Manning or Brady...as if people don't realize how lucky they are to get those.

Just wait until Philly fans realize Carson Wentz is a red head.  Then he will surely start to suck and they will hate him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 05:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah and a red headed one at that.

It's amazing how much more hate some display because of the color of his hair.

That has got to be the stupidest thing ever.

I have found though the majority of the people who trash on Dalton have no clue to who the other players are on the team.

Other than just a handful of starters.

Usually when that is the case I bow out of the conversation because their casual fandom causes them to be illogical in processing real team issues.

They just blame the QB and parrot the Dalton sucks narrative.

A lot of people have negative emotions against people with red hair. It's built in.

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/why-do-people-hate-redheads

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:17 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Sounds like you encountered a wild idiot.

Unfortunately, the world is full of them.

Like Zubats in Mt. Moon.

...That my be too nerdy of a reference for a football forum...

NOTHING is as commonplace as Zubats at Mt. Moon.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The QB is just the easy target for casual fans to blame.

This. Right. Here.  Even some guys that give Dalton shit on here realize what the main issue is.....they have come around.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 05:20 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I stopped discussing Bengals games around people outside of a few choices.

Everyone wants to blame Dalton, fair, he touches the ball the most and does have mistakes. Didn’t realize the blind idiocy until I was at the Houston game.

Many people don’t see the game for the Xs and Os. Usually when you see what people really know about the game.

Yup, I only talk the game to folks that understand the game.  Outside of that, you're wasting your breath.  That's why I'm on here a lot. Wink

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The stuff I hear at the games has made me basically want to not renew season tickets.  Their complete hatred toward Dalton is 100 times worse (and misdirected) than the product on the field.  Hell, I kept these tickets when 6 wins was considered a good season.  

It's tough to keep my mouth shut at games.....I sometimes offer a passive aggressive stab to my surrounding friends, but mostly refrain.  I was there the game they booed Palmer for eclipsing 20k yards......it seems not a lot of people in the stadium understand the game.  That, or they're so jaded, they can't even celebrate a player's milestone.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:47 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: A lot of people have negative emotions against people with red hair. It's built in.

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/why-do-people-hate-redheads

Yeah, I just don't get this.....remember the troll on here a while back trashing redheads?

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:24 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A bit off OP topic here but...

I actually had a Browns fan tell me when the McCarron deal fell through that he didn't even want Dalton let alone that guy.

I mean c'mon man...  really?!?

QB purgatory and you wouldn't want Dalton?

That's just a flat out lie and ridiculous.

Because "he hasn't won anything" was the statement.

How about at least one game for that sorry ass team??

That's funny.  Bill Pollian said the biggest mistake he ever made as GM was taking Andrew Luck in the 1st round and not Andy Dalton.  He said had he taken Dalton he'd still be employed by the Colts.  

Thought that was very interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:41 AM)Brimey Wrote: LOL, at the game Sunday Dalton evaded a sack, rolled out and threw a pass that bounced off Krofts hands. Immediately the section started booing Dalton. It was bizarre

We boo'ed Dalton because 2 3rd downs in a row he rolled out and had about 20 yards of wide open running space, but instead chucked the ball at the ground 6 yards away.  A few drives later he finally ran it.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:28 AM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: We boo'ed Dalton because 2 3rd downs in a row he rolled out and had about 20 yards of wide open running space, but instead chucked the ball at the ground 6 yards away.  A few drives later he finally ran it.

Did you boo the line for the entire game as well?

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:28 AM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: We boo'ed Dalton because 2 3rd downs in a row he rolled out and had about 20 yards of wide open running space, but instead chucked the ball at the ground 6 yards away.  A few drives later he finally ran it.

There hasnt been 20 yards of wide open running space for anyone....There hasn't been 5 yards of wide open running space...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The offensive line is awful, and I mean awful, but Dalton does deserve some of the blame. He bails out of clean pockets.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 05:20 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I stopped discussing Bengals games around people outside of a few choices.

Everyone wants to blame Dalton, fair, he touches the ball the most and does have mistakes. Didn’t realize the blind idiocy until I was at the Houston game.

Many people don’t see the game for the Xs and Os. Usually when you see what people really know about the game.

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear "DOG TAGS"
Reply/Quote
Dalton is a serviceable quarterback at best who's had his stats padded by playing on a superior team. remove AJ green and he does nothing, remove a good offensive line and he crumbles. There is plenty of blame to go around on the team right now offensively, but Marvin Lewis needs to be held accountable and dalton needs to shoulder his portion of the blame as well. Exactly how many open targets this year has he over thrown or under thrown ? I wouldn't know because i stopped watching after the 2nd game, but this topic is up for a reason.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think any fans with even a little bit of football intelligence think that Dalton is the sole problem with this team. Dalton is a good quarterback that, surrounded by good players, will be successful and run the offense productively. Quarterbacks like that can, and have, gone all the way to the Superbowl. What he isn't, is a great quarterback that can carry a team when everything isn't working exactly how it's supposed to or has a few weak links. Part of that is leadership, and that, to me, is what Dalton really lacks.

I was watching one of those NFL channel shows where they show snippets of mic'd up players. One was either Brady or Ben (can't remember which) on the sideline yelling at his OL that he's "not getting time to throw a  *&#%  5 yard out!"   I go to home games and on the sideline, I rarely see Andy talking with the OL let alone getting in their face. I don't believe he has that level of respect from other teammates to pull that off. It comes down to leadership. On the field, a leader is going to do everything humanly possible on 4th down to move the sticks. Throwing the ball away when pressured in that situation and giving up possession is not how you earn the respect of your teammates.

You hear players on other teams say part of their motivation is not wanting to let (insert quarterback's name here) down. I'm not sure that feeling is omni-prevalent on this team.

I honestly believe that Dalton is a good quarterback that under the right circumstances could be very good. I think if he was the type of leader that naturally motivates and raises the level of those around him, a hallmark of all good leaders,  he could be exceptional. He doesn't lack football skills, he lacks leadership skills and I believe to a degree, the whole team suffers for it.
Reply/Quote
^It's not really Dalton's job to get in anyone's face.

[Image: offensive-line-coach-paul-alexander-of-t...?s=612x612]

It's this assholes

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 01:38 PM)BMK Wrote: I don't think any fans with even a little bit of football intelligence think that Dalton is the sole problem with this team. Dalton is a good quarterback that, surrounded by good players, will be successful and run the offense productively. Quarterbacks like that can, and have, gone all the way to the Superbowl. What he isn't, is a great quarterback that can carry a team when everything isn't working exactly how it's supposed to or has a few weak links. Part of that is leadership, and that, to me, is what Dalton really lacks.

I was watching one of those NFL channel shows where they show snippets of mic'd up players. One was either Brady or Ben (can't remember which) on the sideline yelling at his OL that he's "not getting time to throw a  *&#%  5 yard out!"   I go to home games and on the sideline, I rarely see Andy talking with the OL let alone getting in their face. I don't believe he has that level of respect from other teammates to pull that off. It comes down to leadership. On the field, a leader is going to do everything humanly possible on 4th down to move the sticks. Throwing the ball away when pressured in that situation and giving up possession is not how you earn the respect of your teammates.

You hear players on other teams say part of their motivation is not wanting to let (insert quarterback's name here) down. I'm not sure that feeling is omni-prevalent on this team.

I honestly believe that Dalton is a good quarterback that under the right circumstances could be very good. I think if he was the type of leader that naturally motivates and raises the level of those around him, a hallmark of all good leaders,  he could be exceptional. He doesn't lack football skills, he lacks leadership skills and I believe to a degree, the whole team suffers for it.

AJ said it last year and said it again this week.

The biggest name on our offense.

So, you were saying?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought this thread was about certain posters on these boards.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:12 AM)GodFather Wrote: I know right? Kinda like coming on to the boards here after the Browns game and reading things like, "This team still can get to the Super Bowl after yesterdays victory against Cleveland!"  Ninja

Never out of the possibility until we are eliminated from playoff contention
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The other night I walked a local neighborhood with the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering as we accompanied our youngest offspring for trick or treat.  I had a Bengals hoodie on and I encountered a set of parents wearing Tyler Eifert jerseys and after exchanging pleasantries while our children went to the door for candy, the man in the Eifert Jersey went off.

“I can’t stand that awful Dalton, “ he bellowed. “Thirty yard ‘Hail Mary’ passes, takes too many sacks, and he needs to be traded.”

As I tried to explain the offensive line’s ineptitude, the man wasn’t having any of it.  He continued ranting, “That old excuse!  The line is good but Dalton stinks.  He hangs onto the ball too long.”

“What about the bad run game?” I asked. “The line isn’t opening holes.”

The man in the Eifert jersey said, “No!  The line is opening holes but the backs are too lazy to look for them.”

Thankfully our children returned from getting candy at that moment.  The poor guy was clueless.

You think that's something? I was trick or treating in the same area with my Eifert jersey on and some doofus in a Bengals hoodie started yelling at me about how much the o-line sucks. I tried reasoning with the tool, and even brought up how Dalton causes most of his own sacks, but he wasn't having it. This bumpkin was so upset that he took my kids candy! 

(11-03-2017, 12:17 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Sounds like you encountered a wild idiot.

Unfortunately, the world is full of them.

Like Zubats in Mt. Moon.

...That my be too nerdy of a reference for a football forum...

Bro, everyone knows you gotta use max repel when in Mt. Moon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote