Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Kaepernick Crow???
(09-04-2016, 11:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's not about trying to 'Get' people to do anything.  It's a social experiment that replies like this, just prove the point that all us couch coaches want to be right, to the point of that some would rather give up a Bengals loss than to have to admit they were wrong about ANYTHING!

After 2012 some in Jungle Noise were having a conniption fit, blasting Brown and Lewis for taking Dalton over Kap.  The reason why, was because the 9ers played in a SB and the Bengals did not.  

Fast forward to 2016 and Dalton is trying to lead his team to 6 straight playoff appearances, and WIN a SB, (no chance to 'win' a SB, if you don't make the playoffs), and Kap is a third string QB.

As far as Marino goes, there was never even an insinuation that Dilfer could even hold Marino's jock strap, but Marino had said, on more than one occasion, that he would trade all his stats for a ring.  

The point with Dilfer was to show, that, yes Kurt Warner won a SB, but so has Trent Dilfer.  

As a couch coach you know that defenses win SBs more than not.

If you don't like a thread or post, drive on by like I do.  No one is forcing you to weigh in anywhere that I know of.

It's called fandom.  You're looking a bit too much into it.

BTW- couch coach, is that your new word(s) of the day?
Reply/Quote
I never was a Kaepernick fan.

However I'd eat crow any day of the week to say I was wrong about Ryan Mallet.

The guy seemed to have an NFL quarterback arm.

Though I really liked Dalton so I was okay with the pick.

I'd also eat crow to say I was wrong about Cam Newton.

I thought he'd be a complete failure in the NFL.

See... I can admit when I'm wrong.

Kaep in my opinion seemed like a strictly college style QB so I really wasn't interested in him in the first place.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:00 AM)Harmening Wrote: It's called fandom.  You're looking a bit too much into it.

BTW- couch coach, is that your new word(s) of the day?

Been using it for a few years now.  Hope it's okay with you?  Your approval means a lot to me.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
The irritation is kind of entertaining to be honest.

There are many threads in here that I have no interest in the subject titles whatsoever. I won't disrespect anyone by naming them, but I could stop in and drop irritating and condescending remarks, but that would also be disrespectful, so I just drive by the Title and on to the next one!

Kudos to BengalsRocker!!

I'm hoping the Bengals do win the division, get a playoff bye for the first time since 1988, and I will gladly belly up to the Crow Buffet! Tongue

But, until they prove differently, I will stay cautiously optimistic!!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:25 PM)jason Wrote: I think things would have gone differently for Kaepernick had Harbaugh stayed in Frisco. The dude is a freakish athlete. He looked amazing early on, but fizzled out.

he apparently doesn't work on his feet and mechanics word is those get worse every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Before, and when he was drafted, i didn't want anything to do with Dalton. 

And guess what?

I ain't eatin SHIT!!

Oh, you will eat shit and you will like that shit.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Were you one of the bashers?  If so, you have proved my point.

No because picking Dalton over Kaepernick made more sense for the Bengals than a team compared to the 49ers. They had a starter, Bengals didn't.

You can like a prospect personally more than another, but doesn't mean they fit the system or situation.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 11:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's not about trying to 'Get' people to do anything.  It's a social experiment that replies like this, just prove the point that all us couch coaches want to be right, to the point of that some would rather give up a Bengals loss than to have to admit they were wrong about ANYTHING!

After 2012 some in Jungle Noise were having a conniption fit, blasting Brown and Lewis for taking Dalton over Kap.  The reason why, was because the 9ers played in a SB and the Bengals did not.  

Fast forward to 2016 and Dalton is trying to lead his team to 6 straight playoff appearances, and WIN a SB, (no chance to 'win' a SB, if you don't make the playoffs), and Kap is a third string QB.

As far as Marino goes, there was never even an insinuation that Dilfer could even hold Marino's jock strap, but Marino had said, on more than one occasion, that he would trade all his stats for a ring.  

The point with Dilfer was to show, that, yes Kurt Warner won a SB, but so has Trent Dilfer.  

As a couch coach you know that defenses win SBs more than not.

If you don't like a thread or post, drive on by like I do.  No one is forcing you to weigh in anywhere that I know of.
Going by that logic, Dalton is still looking for his first playoff win in his 6th season. Kaepernick has been to the Championship game twice and Super Bowl once.

You're trying too hard. Neither's career is over by any means. One has been more consistent, one has actually been to the big dance.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 02:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Oh, you will eat shit and you will like that shit.

You're not the boss of me!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm sure someone pointed out that our genius GM of 20-some years, Mike Brown, wanted to take Kaepernick or Ryan Mallet over Dalton, right? If we have to eat crow then ol' Mikey should be sending Gruden a gold watch, or fruit basket or something.

Seriously, we had to be talked out of taking either of those craptastic busts by an arena league coach, but by all means let's act all smug about the bullet we dodged!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure someone pointed out that our genius GM of 20-some years, Mike Brown, wanted to take Kaepernick or Ryan Mallet over Dalton, right?   If we have to eat crow then ol' Mikey should be sending Gruden a gold watch, or fruit basket or something.

Seriously, we had to be talked out of taking either of those craptastic busts by an arena league coach, but by all means let's act all smug about the bullet we dodged!

You did fail to point out that, in the end, MB listened.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:06 AM)McC Wrote: You did fail to point out that, in the end, MB listened.

[Image: low-bar-winner.png]
Reply/Quote

The purpose of a message board is to have a venue where fans can share  opinions  and vent frustrations.

Do we all have to agree with yours ?

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Being a 'real man or woman' isn't really based solely on the ability or desire to admit to being wrong although it can be a nice attribute. The whole 'real man' stuff is typically a lot of internal mental masturbation for the most part.
As far as I'm concerned what makes a real man lies mostly with being there day in day out for your family, not walking out on your wife and kids and bragging about all the babies you've created during drunken nights with floozies. I've known plenty of those types and I'd like to buy them for what they're worth and sell them for what they think they're worth.
As far as Kaep, I'm glad we got Andy and always have been. Where kaep is on someone else's depth chart is irrelevant to the development of Andy.I always thought Kaep was over hyped and benefited greatly from the team he came into the league with. It never was and never will be a one man sport.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I was going to add this as a reply in the Driskell thread, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to step up and humble themselves.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SF

Many of the ones that went ballistic and trashed Lewis and Brown for taking Dalton over Kap, please step forward to the Crow Buffet Table.  (I realize some of these folks may no longer frequent here anymore.)

ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR A SMALL AMOUNT OF HUMBLENESS!!

Wow, I don't know anyone who wanted Kaepernick over Dalton at the time of the draft except Mike Brown who got convinced to take Dalton.

The only time I've heard anyone wanting Kaepernick over Dalton was when SF went to the SB and we went home in the wildcard round. As unhappy as I was with Dalton's play in those playoffs, I've never considered Kaepernick as more than a gimmick QB.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 11:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Wow, I don't know anyone who wanted Kaepernick over Dalton at the time of the draft except Mike Brown who got convinced to take Dalton.

The only time I've heard anyone wanting Kaepernick over Dalton was when SF went to the SB and we went home in the wildcard round. As unhappy as I was with Dalton's play in those playoffs, I've never considered Kaepernick as more than a gimmick QB.

There were a few.....mulligan, CornerBlitz, I think that Fresno cat.....probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I liked Kaepernick... tall, big arm, mobile what wasn't to like? That being said, I was happy with the Dalton pick and have been ever since; ever happier now in retrospect. Kaepernick looks even worse on the sidelines than Marvin. Totally disinterested in the game, you can tell he doesn't want to play, pretty sure he will never show a semblance of his brief time of looking pretty good ever again. He's smart enough though, pulling the sit down ploy and selling some jerseys in effect causing them to keep him on the bench right where he wants to be,imo.
Reply/Quote