Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some positives for thursday
1 Andy should respond and play better. He rarely plays crappy back to back games.
2 Return of Adam Jones should make our secondary a little better
3 The defense played good they are facing an absolute train wreck in houston
4 Ogbuehi might handle power rushers better than speed rushers
5 Texans are really banged up 3 tightends in concussion protocol
6 Ross may return and give Andy another weapon in passing game
Reply/Quote
After all the sacks the Texans allowed on Sunday , Geno better have a monster day.
Andy won't be as atrocious as he was against Baltimore ... heck, no QB could be that bad again if they tried .
Reply/Quote
Here's a positive; it'll be over by halftime so we can all get plenty of rest for Friday.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:01 AM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: no QB could be that bad again if they tried .

Akili Smith: "Hold my beer!"
David Klingler: "F you, hold my beer!"
JaMarcus Russell: "F you both, hold my purple drank!"
Ryan Leaf: "F all of you, hold my pill bottle!"
Johnny Manziel: "Look at all this beer, purple drank, and pills I've got...PAR-TAY!!!!!"
Reply/Quote
If I'm perfectly honest, I'm actually really nervous about Jones coming back haha.

I thought Dennard and Jackson played spectacularly on Sunday (other than 1 single play where Dennard was picked by his own teammate). I would hate to see one of them relegated to dimeback duties for Jones, who was sporadic in his own right last year.

Here's hoping they field the best players, regardless of veteran status.

Aw, who am I kidding? Jones is going to play 95% of the snaps even if he's giving up touchdowns XD.
Reply/Quote
Good thread, i need some positivity...
Reply/Quote
One of your positives is that Ogbuehi might do better against Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: One of your positives is that Ogbuehi might do better against Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Not likely

I've heard some of the talking heads talking about how good the Ravens D is, they're back, top 5 D etc. etc.

I just can't help but thinking how terrible our O is, O-line specifically, played a rather large part in that !

And I strongly feel tomorrow night is just gonna be 2.0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:35 AM)Ravage Wrote: Akili Smith: "Hold my beer!"
Johnny Manziel: "Look at all this beer, purple drank, and pills I've got...PAR-TAY!!!!!"

Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
alright, seriously lets look at the positives

Andy Dalton has a higher completion % than Brady
The Texans did not look good Sunday, it is a possibility that they are a worse team than us
The o-line could not play ANY worse.
We have a short week to redeem ourselves.

But... even if we do beat the Texans, we are not going to be completely sold on this team. Houston looked completely horrible Sunday.
Reply/Quote

So good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

(09-13-2017, 12:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hilarious

Yeah, that was brilliant!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Positive for Thursday? The day after is Friday!
[Image: Rebecca-Black-Friday-Funny-09-300x200.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I saw some sites predict a 61% chance we win...so we have that going.
Reply/Quote
Need some positive thinking because I am scared to death and considering taking plastic to game as if i was attending a show by the fruit smashing comedian Gallgher.

Just in case QB's start exploding.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if Andy plays as bad as he did Sunday. The being said the o-line has to a lot to do with it. I fully expect the D to be fired up.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If I'm perfectly honest, I'm actually really nervous about Jones coming back haha.

I thought Dennard and Jackson played spectacularly on Sunday (other than 1 single play where Dennard was picked by his own teammate). I would hate to see one of them relegated to dimeback duties for Jones, who was sporadic in his own right last year.

Here's hoping they field the best players, regardless of veteran status.

Aw, who am I kidding? Jones is going to play 95% of the snaps even if he's giving up touchdowns XD.

Our secondary looked really good Sunday. Joe Flacco is no Joe Montana and the Ravens werent throwing a ton, but they looked good none the less. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

This post belongs in the HOF.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 10:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 Andy should respond and play better. He rarely plays crappy back to back games.
2 Return of Adam Jones should make our secondary a little better
3 The defense played good they are facing an absolute train wreck in houston
4 Ogbuehi might handle power rushers better than speed rushers
5 Texans are really banged up 3 tightends in concussion protocol
6 Ross may return and give Andy another weapon in passing game

You had me until #4...

All kidding aside, I am hoping for a miracle.  I doubt I will get one, but I am hoping for a complete change in the offense.  Defense was very solid.  Offense was absolutely disgusting.  Zampese shouldn't have even had time to clean out his locker.  They should have sent Piano Man and Zampese packing at halftime and said to Simmons:  "Can you do in the second half what those turds couldn't do in the first half with an entire offseason to prepare?
Reply/Quote
We haven't had a great track record against rookie QBs unless their name was Johnny Football.....

Denvers torched us last year, Dak torched us, The 2nd and 3rd team Houston QBs from years past did the same..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote