Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some reasons to feel good heading into the Steelers game
(09-15-2016, 06:39 PM)jason Wrote: Allow me to answer your question as to one Russell Bodine... He ain't very good.

Sucks but still made me laugh, damn it.

(09-15-2016, 08:58 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know I know...  I am trying to get out of this mood..  and YOU are HELPING!!!  My HOMERness is low this year for some reason..  We will see what happens against the idiots...  Our Secondary was a little iffy over the middle against the Jets so I am waiting and to see what rogers and brown will do...  

Just like SHR says here, the Secondary had a plan and executed it, didn't look pretty but it took away the
Jets big weapons. That is a damn good Offense and you have to pick your poison, we picked the one we
could survive.

(09-16-2016, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marlon, our secondary executed the game plan!  The game plan was clearly to limit Decker and Marshall....and it worked.  I didn't like seeing our LBs get dusted by Matt Forte, but the game plan held their offense down.  Did you see the 37 points they dropped on Buffalo last night...in Buffalo?  The same Buffalo that held the Ratbirds to 13 points?  

The Jets offense is for real.  We will see what motivation they have against putzburg...I'm betting a lot. 

We're here for you Marlon!  In the immortal words of Billy Bob:  "Near I walk through the shadow of death, I will fear no &$^# from putzburg" - or something like that  Whatever

Spot on as usual.

(09-16-2016, 08:38 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I can name a few.

Even with my harsh critique of the Bengals, I have a feeling we will break the play-off curse this season.

See, even Jeremy has some optimism lol
Reply/Quote
Let's remember we are not the dumb Redskins, who put a nobody in single coverage all night on Antonio Brown. Expect us to put Jones with help on Brown and dare Ben to beat us with single coverage on the other two. Historically we've contained DeAngelo Williams pretty well and know to not let Ben extend the play.

Really it will come down to the OL rebounding from a bad performance last week. We probably will need to keep a back in the backfield to help Bodine and rely on our receivers to move the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember we are not the dumb Redskins, who put a nobody in single coverage all night on Antonio Brown. Expect us to put Jones with help on Brown and dare Ben to beat us with single coverage on the other two. Historically we've contained DeAngelo Williams pretty well and know to not let Ben extend the play.

Really it will come down to the OL rebounding from a bad performance last week. We probably will need to keep a back in the backfield to help Bodine and rely on our receivers to move the ball.

Nice post Joelist, reps. All true i am sure.
Reply/Quote
Tbh I'm not all that worried about AB and his idiotic dances. We seem to always do a good job containing the opponent's strength. I'm more worried about Eli Rogers and to a lesser extent - Jesse James. Both had solid games against the skins and both could be thorns in our side if not properly covered.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I'm not all that worried about AB and his idiotic dances. We seem to always do a good job containing the opponent's strength. I'm more worried about Eli Rogers and to a lesser extent - Jesse James. Both had solid games against the skins and both could be thorns in our side if not properly covered.

Feel the same way and i was hoping we would of drafted Jesse James, but Kroft could be just as good.
Reply/Quote
I'm probably going to regret this...  but I hope Hunt turned the corner and is going to be a menace to Pig Ben.

Good Lord.  Am I really banking on ol' Margus to be the x factor?

Shocked

Where are my meds !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I'm not all that worried about AB and his idiotic dances. We seem to always do a good job containing the opponent's strength. I'm more worried about Eli Rogers and to a lesser extent - Jesse James. Both had solid games against the skins and both could be thorns in our side if not properly covered.

Yup.  Crossing routes with Rogers.  Covering the TE.  All going to be potential issues.

They will go after Dre to draw those penalties of course.

I'm hoping Shaw continues his level of play, and that Williams doesn't look like he did last game.

Though the DBs were able to handle Decker and Marshall last game pretty well.

Both of those guys got open against the Bills by the way.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I remember many attitude on this board after the playoff loss last year, was winning or losing to this team was not that important anymore as long as we went for blood and ripped heads off and ended careers. I see many of you have went back to the fear of facing them. I suggest re-watching the playoff game today if possible. This way you look forward to the game tomorrow with anger and despise in your souls like it should be and say screw it to the end score. Pittsburg fears playing us. Wish we had Nelson and Burfict tomorrow. Would make things more exciting.

Someone will get injured tomorrow which will have an impact on the season. Hopefully not a Bengal. There's no way this game will or can be played clean after the last meeting. This is why we should be very aggressive. Kill or be killed. Agree or not, we will see tomorrow.

Reply/Quote

Im not that worried about James, not that physical type of player, will have a tough time with the physical type of our defense coming off the line, he get some catches just because I expect Steelers to put the ball up alot but he will not be a game changer for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same way and i was hoping we would of drafted Jesse James, but Kroft could be just as good.

Kroft is the more athletic guy.  But I really like James' physicality and reliability.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just like SHR says here, the Secondary had a plan and executed it, didn't look pretty but it took away the Jets big weapons. That is a damn good Offense and you have to pick your poison, we picked the one we could survive.
It was a good game plan.  If we don't turn the ball over as much it's a different score.  I also think they will phase Vigil in more as he matures.  And as Dansby adjusts to our D we should limit the short passing game more.

Our coaches are doing their part in my opinion.   Guenther's a smart dude.  And I look forward to seeing how Zampese develops over the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 10:35 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember many attitude on this board after the playoff loss last year, was winning or losing to this team was not that important anymore as long as we went for blood and ripped heads off and ended careers. I see many of you have went back to the fear of facing them. I suggest re-watching the playoff game today if possible. This way you look forward to the game tomorrow with anger and despise in your souls like it should be and say screw it to the end score. Pittsburg fears playing us. Wish we had Nelson and Burfict tomorrow. Would make things more exciting.

Someone will get injured tomorrow which will have an impact on the season. Hopefully not a Bengal. There's no way this game will or can be played clean after the last meeting. This is why we should be very aggressive. Kill or be killed. Agree or not, we will see tomorrow.
I haven't changed my mind. If they lose, they better take a pound of flesh.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 01:29 PM)jason Wrote: I haven't changed my mind. If they lose, they better take a pound of flesh.

I hope the man in your avatar has that mindset - if only to honor the man in your sig!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 10:35 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: ..... I see many of you have went back to the fear of facing them... Pittsburg fears playing us. ......

As a fan, with zero control over what happens and doesn't happen, I do not 'fear' facing them, and there is not doubt in my mind that the Bengals have no fear either.  The Steelers know this, which is why they will continue to use Plan 'B' and goad them. 

Show me Bengals, that you are tired of being owned and that you will play only between the whistles which is what many of them said will happen tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Karlos Dansby is a good reason to feel good about this game. He HATES the Steelers. He also led the team in tackles vs the Jets. I think he helps contain Jesse James and will probably get a pick if Geno can terrorize Douchieburger like I hope he will.

This game will be a big test for Shawn Williams. I guess my biggest concern is with him in deep coverage, and with Dre K. not getting 2-3 PI calls.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Tomorrow is what it is. I don't care if we win.I am tired of steeler bully bs. Take off a couple faces and change the attitude of this rivalry. No fear, just pain. Cause extreme pain.I will never forget last year. Don't put up with crap ever again. Walk into that house and take ownership. Shitty town, shitty team, friggin cheaters w/attitudes. Hate that town and the team.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 01:19 PM)3wt Wrote: Kroft is the more athletic guy.  But I really like James' physicality and reliability.
Actually from the combine it was the other way around with James being the more athletic TE

I like Krofts versatility 
(09-17-2016, 01:25 PM)3wt Wrote: It was a good game plan.  If we don't turn the ball over as much it's a different score.  I also think they will phase Vigil in more as he matures.  And as Dansby adjusts to our D we should limit the short passing game more.

Our coaches are doing their part in my opinion.   Guenther's a smart dude.  And I look forward to seeing how Zampese develops over the year.

Definitely agree
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 08:36 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm probably going to regret this...  but I hope Hunt turned the corner and is going to be a menace to Pig Ben.

Good Lord.  Am I really banking on ol' Margus to be the x factor?

Shocked

Where are my meds !

It's happened before. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Half the team?

Come on Marlon, we just went into New York on 9/11 and beat a 10 win Jets team with arguably the best
D-line in the game. We pretty much shut down Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker one of the best WR duos
in the league. Our O-line is not going to play that bad all year long. Ogbuehi played his first game as a
starter and will get better.

Dalton's will in that game along with the adjustments to beat the Jets coverage was astounding.

Green looks better than ever. Atkins looks better than ever. Lafell and Boyd look like they can fill the gap
left by MLJ and Sanu and then some which was my biggest question besides Bodine this year.

Bodine is the only question i have and he is the same Center we had last year.

Half the Team Bro.  I seen them at practice this summer, and called then.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: How did one game; a win on the road vs. a 10 win team make you feel that way? I agree that they looked shaky at times, but that W still counts. The Redskins are a very mediocre team. Pittsburgh put a whoopin on them as they should. Do you think the Steelers would have looked any better than the Bengals did if they opened in New York 15 years after 9/11? I don't ... I doubted the narrative that the energy of the crowd would propel the Jets the way it did, but I was wrong. The Bengals took their best punch, and beat them. The Steelers played a meh team, and won. We'll see how this week plays out.

Half the Team Bro!
Reply/Quote