Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone broke into my house last night
(06-12-2015, 08:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Got some updates. The cop that was with me the day it happened just stopped by my house to check on me. He said that before they arrested him, the kid threatened to kill one of the police dogs and had one of them in a choke hold. The cop also said the guy was taken to a mental institute that night for evaluation. While at the mental institute, the guy was handcuffed to a bed and somehow managed to hit one of the officers in the face. He also told the officers he was going to kill them. He is now locked up awaiting for trial and I will have to probably appear in court next week sometime. The officer I chatted with he was unaware if Hamilton county was going to keep him locked up until his trial or not. He also said the kid was NOT on any kinds of drugs, it sounds like this was purely mental.

Guys, I gotta be honest, that mig really screwed me up (name that movie). I live alone and I am just having a hard time understanding why the hell that kid pulled directly up to my house, sought me out, and walked into my house. It was like he had some kind of agenda.

I really don't want him coming back and I honestly dont want to face him in court. Im freaked.

He reacted violently when he felt threatened. Once again I tell you, you handled the situation the right way.

You will probably never have any answers as to why it was you and your house. At least nothing you can rationally understand.

When you go to court (and you need to go to court), just state the facts of what happened.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
You all have missed what is really going on. "I am you" means it is Mr. Weezy from the future and or past. Depending on the space time continuum.

Really though I would of shot the shit out of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 09:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He reacted violently when he felt threatened. Once again I tell you, you handled the situation the right way.

You will probably never have any answers as to why it was you and your house. At least nothing you can rationally understand.

When you go to court (and you need to go to court), just state the facts of what happened.

Its crazy. I found him on Facebook and am looking at photos of him. There are pictures of him from December of him and his mom smiling and laughing. They are both personal trainers at a gym up the street. Its crazy to think someone's mind can go to shit that quickly.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true.

I have some friends who are very much into guns.  They are actually anxious to shoot someone.  You can tell by the way they talk about it.  They almost fantasize about the chance to kill someone.  

To be honest I don't know what I would do.  I'd like to think that I would not shoot unless I was threatened, but I really don't know what I would do.  If my girls were in the house I would not shoot unless I knew exactly where they were.

You've got some f---ed up friends.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 10:39 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Are you saying "No way you go to jail" or "No way, dont do that, you will go to jail" 

"No way you go to jail"
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 07:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: There is a lot of internet jabber about what Weezy could have done or should have done or what other individuals think they would do. But Weezy had the right instinct and reaction in this situation. He told the guy to leave and the guy left. As scary as the situation was, that was all that was needed to relieve it. You can fill your imagination all day about what this guy could have done or what Weezy could have done. In the end, he did all that was necessary and, while shaken a bit, walked away unharmed and a bit wiser.

You just earned the first rep I have given on this board.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 08:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: No...not using a hypothetical.I am using the real situation he described. You wake up to find an unknown intruder in your room. You ask him who he is, he answers "I am you". At that point, if I own a gun that I have access to, I am drawing my weapon and ordering him to leave. If he leaves, I follow him out with the gun still on him. If he comes towards me, I shoot.

Exactly what should be done. IMHO
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 11:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its crazy. I found him on Facebook and am looking at photos of him. There are pictures of him from December of him and his mom smiling and laughing. They are both personal trainers at a gym up the street. Its crazy to think someone's mind can go to shit that quickly.

After reading through your description of events again, I suspect that he might be bi-polar. He had a degree of rationality. It is possible he was casing the place. It is just as possible that he just had a perverse curiosity. It sounds like he didn't expect anyone to be home and was as surprised to see you as you were to see him. He said "Hello", which is a sign that he didn't come to hurt you or for a confrontation. Otherwise, he would have just jumped you as soon as he saw you. Also, it doesn't sound like he was carrying any weapons. When he said "I am you", I doubt that he sincerely thought that he was you. More likely, it was probably something he thought of as a joke. He was probably walking through your place thinking to himself, "If I were this guy, this is how I would live.". Still a bit creepy.

He is facing some serious consequences. Entering your home was one thing. Assaulting and threatening police is another (the police dog is considered the same as a human police officer). Considering the trouble he gave police bringing him in, I think the courts will not set an easy bail for him.

Personally, I think this guy's family should be thanking you. You've exposed a problem that needs to be dealt with rather than swept under the carpet. It is altogether likely that this guy has exposed some signs of his instability to family or friends before this. They cannot discount it any longer.

Go to court. Tell the facts. Don't be vindictive or excitable, just matter of fact. This guy apparently didn't want to hurt you before and he probably still doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 12:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This kid was absolutely jacked too. I found out later he was a professional body builder. 

(06-12-2015, 11:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote:  They are both personal trainers at a gym up the street. 

'Roid rage.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 01:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: After reading through your description of events again, I suspect that he might be bi-polar. He had a degree of rationality. It is possible he was casing the place. It is just as possible that he just had a perverse curiosity. It sounds like he didn't expect anyone to be home and was as surprised to see you as you were to see him. He said "Hello", which is a sign that he didn't come to hurt you or for a confrontation. Otherwise, he would have just jumped you as soon as he saw you. Also, it doesn't sound like he was carrying any weapons. When he said "I am you", I doubt that he sincerely thought that he was you. More likely, it was probably something he thought of as a joke. He was probably walking through your place thinking to himself, "If I were this guy, this is how I would live.". Still a bit creepy.

He is facing some serious consequences. Entering your home was one thing. Assaulting and threatening police is another (the police dog is considered the same as a human police officer). Considering the trouble he gave police bringing him in, I think the courts will not set an easy bail for him.

Personally, I think this guy's family should be thanking you. You've exposed a problem that needs to be dealt with rather than swept under the carpet. It is altogether likely that this guy has exposed some signs of his instability to family or friends before this. They cannot discount it any longer.

Go to court. Tell the facts. Don't be vindictive or excitable, just matter of fact. This guy apparently didn't want to hurt you before and he probably still doesn't.

Good points. Looking back on it, I think he was definitely checking the place to see if anyone was home. If my front door was locked, im pretty confident he would have just went to the next house to see if it was locked. He just got lucky with mine. 

Im not sure his intent was to rob tho. I think he was just "out of it". It's one thing if he would have walked into my house, found me, and ran away, but its another thing to see him so calm in that moment like he never intended to rob the place in the first place. 

Couple that with the fact that the cops found him walking around naked a few blocks away and it makes me think this is completely mental. 

Also, I found his mom on facebook and found out she works down the street at fit works. I have contemplated contacting her to discuss what happened. Im not sure thats wise, tho. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 04:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good points. Looking back on it, I think he was definitely checking the place to see if anyone was home. If my front door was locked, im pretty confident he would have just went to the next house to see if it was locked. He just got lucky with mine. 

Im not sure his intent was to rob tho. I think he was just "out of it". It's one thing if he would have walked into my house, found me, and ran away, but its another thing to see him so calm in that moment like he never intended to rob the place in the first place. 

Couple that with the fact that the cops found him walking around naked a few blocks away and it makes me think this is completely mental. 

Also, I found his mom on facebook and found out she works down the street at fit works. I have contemplated contacting her to discuss what happened. Im not sure thats wise, tho. 

Ooops! Missed the 'naked' part (no pun intended). That changes things a bit.

Don't contact the mom. If, for no other reason, due to the legal ramifications.
Reply/Quote
Found the article on cincinnati.com

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/06/13/police-man-assaulted-officer-police-dog/71169116/
Reply/Quote
Fwiw.my stance on deadly force, for me to kill someone. There must be no doubt in my mind that my wife,Daughters ,I or some other family member is about to be killed. I'm loaded to the hilt, but think I posses enough thought process to weed out what the immediate threat is. I hope me or any one on this board never has to make that decision.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
My blood would've severely increased in temperature. I can't even picture what I would do in that situation outside of being violent with my hands or other tools depending on accessibility of those tools. I agree with BZ, you did good, man. Sleep with one eye shut. One open. People are strange. And deranged. All of us to different extents.
Reply/Quote
For people who are saying he should've shot the guy etc, I call bullshit! First off, you don't know what you'd do in that situation till you were in it. Are you lying on the couch normally with your gun that close by? Wheezy handled it perfectly. I don't know about anyone else but to take another human beings life so quickly would lead to agonizing "what ifs" or "I should have's" for a very long time. Would you feel like Clint Eastwood if you saw his grieving parents?

Im also talking about the same scenario Weezy was in. Nothing different. He handled it great under a shocking moment and anyone else thinking they are Harry Callahan with a .45 are just plain full of shit.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with you. If I had a gun or if I do end up getting one, in no way would I shoot to kill. Pulling a gun on someone should be enough of a scare tactic to get them out of your house. If not, then by all means I would have no problem at least shooting them in the leg and disabling them. Shooting to kill would be a last resort and desperation. 

I dunno, man.  I feel like going the gun route requires some resolve and mental preparedness to use it without hesitation if necessary.  Otherwise, you're just adding another dangerous factor into the equation.  That's a high pressure environment and there's no reason to bring the gun into it at all if you're unsure.  Just get a bat or a golf club or a kitchen knife.

There was actually an incident here in Lexington this past week that pertains to this.  Somebody was trying to rob some guys in an apt (probably drugs involved).  The victims realized what was going on and one of them pointed an unloaded pistol at the intruder.  The robbers called his bluff and shot him.  You can't always assume that the presence of the gun will scare someone off.  People that do shit like that don't always think like a rational person.

Wield the gun with intent or go a different route, IMO.  get a security system or a big, nasty dog.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 12:49 AM)GodFather Wrote: For people who are saying he should've shot the guy etc, I call bullshit! First off, you don't know what you'd do in that situation till you were in it. Are you lying on the couch normally with your gun that close by? Wheezy handled it perfectly. I don't know about anyone else but to take another human beings life so quickly would lead to agonizing "what ifs" or "I should have's" for a very long time. Would you feel like Clint Eastwood if you saw his grieving parents?

Im also talking about the same scenario Weezy was in. Nothing different. He handled it great under a shocking moment and anyone else thinking they are Harry Callahan with a .45 are just plain full of shit.

Correct.  
Reply/Quote
FYI when you see a person in your home never just assume that he is alone.

This guy was a body builder so I doubt any of us would have tried to attack him with just a golf club or something like that, but even if you think you can take a guy with a club instead of a gun you have to consider if you will be able to take down multiple intyruders with just a club.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 04:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Found the article on cincinnati.com

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/06/13/police-man-assaulted-officer-police-dog/71169116/

Interesting that he was charged with burglary.  Unless he intended to commit a crime when he entered your home he should have only been charged with a criminal tresspass.

Did he steal anything or threaten you in any way?  I know he scared you just by being there, but did he actually threaten to hurt you or damage anything.
Reply/Quote
Really surprised this guy wasnt shot by the police after putting one of them in a headlock naked.

Dont sweat it though this wasnt something personally directed at you. I had my home broken into several yrs ago. In that case they just went through all my shit, stole some electronics, little cash and left. Took me a while to get over it, never felt so violated in my life. Did some serious internet research on buying a tits shotty. In the end, I dont want to kill someone or give them a better tool to kill me over some electronics that are going to be pawned for drugs. Once this guy gets on the right dose of lithium he'll realize he's lucky to have gone to your house and not someone else who would have shot his ass. Again, it wasnt personally motivated, so dont let fear and anxiety overwhelm you. You handled it right the first time.

Glad you're ok dude.
Reply/Quote