Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo..the Chargers hire a 1st time HC yet are a potential playoff team
(06-17-2021, 01:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Staley: Successful coordinator
Taylor: Unsuccessful coordinator

Here I'll correct it for you:

Staley: Successful coordinator in the NFL
Taylor: Unsuccessful coordinator in college; NFL - Helped develop an overrated QB that was traded for another overrated QB this offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 07:20 AM)Stewy Wrote: I wouldn't take it personally at all.  Why does anyone care what the press thinks?  Just talking heads looking for rating, click bait or to talk up their local team.

Are you saying all the media love for Burrow is a bunch of bs? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 09:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you saying all the media love for Burrow is a bunch of bs? Ninja

Unless you purposefully go digging for it, there is little to no national media hype surrounding Burrow.  The Bengals aren't news outside of Cincinnati.  

I believe Burrow is the real deal, and I'm betting most of the national media would too if they cared to look and report on it.  But the national media doesn't care because the general public doesn't care about the Bengals or Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 01:27 PM)Stewy Wrote: Unless you purposefully go digging for it, there is little to no national media hype surrounding Burrow.  The Bengals aren't news outside of Cincinnati.  

I believe Burrow is the real deal, and I'm betting most of the national media would too if they cared to look and report on it.  But the national media doesn't care because the general public doesn't care about the Bengals or Burrow.

I know Florio and Simms are high on Burrow.  They're pretty mainstream, i think.  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 08:56 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Here I'll correct it for you:

Staley: Successful coordinator in the NFL
Taylor: Unsuccessful coordinator in college; NFL - Helped develop an overrated QB that was traded for another overrated QB this offseason. 

Taylor did attempt to OC for the Dolphins as an interim coordinator. He was let go.

The Bengals should have let him go after one horrible year. Keeping after the second horrible year was a very big mistake.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 01:27 PM)Stewy Wrote: Unless you purposefully go digging for it, there is little to no national media hype surrounding Burrow.  The Bengals aren't news outside of Cincinnati.  

Actually, there was a ton last year and there's still a lot this year and it's not hard to find. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 01:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Actually, there was a ton last year and there's still a lot this year and it's not hard to find. 

Yep. We haven’t had this much national attention since the peak Chad/Palmer years. And it’s entirely because of Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 02:34 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Impact, have you really looked at the Chargers roster?  If you had you wouldnt have said they arent that much better than the Bengals. 

QB they are about even considering they have the reigning offensive rookie of the year.  The Chargers in the off season rebuilt their offensive line so Herbert doesn't get touched and has time to hit his WR.  

The Chargers have one of the best defenses in the NFL led by Joey Bosa.   Ours is led by???? Hendrickson?  Hubbard?????

Anyway, then you take this young new coach who has been a defensive coordinator in the NFL.  He actually coordinated defenses...made the calls.  Had one of the best defenses in the NFL.   Compare that to Zac of being a QB coach.  Yea he coached up what's his face with the Detroit Lions now.  

I'd take Staley too.  The dude again lead one of the best defense in the league.  Called the defense.  Put players in position to succeed.  

What has Zac done?  What did he do prior to coming to Cincinnati?  Just sayin.  This isnt an apples to apples comparison.  This is more like Apples to Oranges. 

Our defense is led by Jessie Bates III, at least name one of our long standing good players.
Reply/Quote
Chargers also had a very promising 1st round rookie QB behind a crappy OL... they didn't like that and went out and signed a 1st team All-Pro C, a quality starting G, and then spent their 1st round pick on an OT to fix that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 03:53 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Our defense is led by Jessie Bates III, at least name one of our long standing good players.

I'll agree Bates is a hell of a player. However has he made the Bengals team defense food like Bosa and company make the Chargers defense? I hope he signs a 20M a yr extension thats how good I think he is but you have a bunch of piece that haven't players together. You think there gonna instantly have chemistry coming out of camp? pre season? I think we have some good pieces on defense just a shitty coach. 

I think if Lou is around the entire season this defense finishes around 20 in total defense. Just my opinion. 

As far as naming one of our good long standing players I think Bates is probably the longest tenure of defense with Hubbard, but Hubbard's an average DL. who else on this defense have we drafted thats been around 3 years or more? not very many that I can think. So I guess this truly is Taylor's team He doesn't make the playoffs this year his ass should on a jet back to Nebraska.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 08:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chargers also had a very promising 1st round rookie QB behind a crappy OL... they didn't like that and went out and signed a 1st team All-Pro C, a quality starting G, and then spent their 1st round pick on an OT to fix that.

I stated this earlier in the thread and got told the Bengals and Chargers are equal in talent. One post I pretty much had to laugh off as someone being high.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 01:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Actually, there was a ton last year and there's still a lot this year and it's not hard to find. 

I am sorry, you're just wrong.  There's nothing on ESPN, BR or SI unless you dig for it.  Having to dig for Ben Baby updates on ESPN just doesn't count.  Having to search out Florio, doesn't count.  Frankly if I didn't come here, I wouldn't know ANYTHING about what's going on with the Bengals, and that's my point.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 10:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: I am sorry, you're just wrong.  There's nothing on ESPN, BR or SI unless you dig for it.  Having to dig for Ben Baby updates on ESPN just doesn't count.  Having to search out Florio, doesn't count.  Frankly if I didn't come here, I wouldn't know ANYTHING about what's going on with the Bengals, and that's my point.

No searching necessary.

Go to Youtube and type in "Joe Burrow" or "Cincinnati Bengals". 

Plenty there.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Chargers are getting the press because of what Herbert accomplished last year coupled, their emphasis on Oline since he was also under alot of pressure last year plus their defense is solid.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2021, 07:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chargers are getting the press because of what Herbert accomplished last year coupled, their emphasis on Oline since he was also under alot of pressure last year plus their defense is solid.

Bingo.  The Chargers made improving the OL priority #1, so that their young QB might be able to play more easily.  The Bengals, took the route of adding another weapon, and putting OL in the backseat of their priority list.

Generally speaking, which strategy typically yields better results?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2021, 12:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No searching necessary.

Go to Youtube and type in "Joe Burrow" or "Cincinnati Bengals". 

Plenty there.

Yep.

https://youtu.be/Q_edCJqXJQY

https://youtu.be/pi3b2e4w9Xs

https://youtu.be/_L97suolWeg

https://youtu.be/LooiDSIQdio

https://youtu.be/5prUS_1CPmA

And that’s just a handful of recent ones…

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2021, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bingo.  The Chargers made improving the OL priority #1, so that their young QB might be able to play more easily.  The Bengals, took the route of adding another weapon, and putting OL in the backseat of their priority list.

Generally speaking, which strategy typically yields better results?
I cant agree we put it on the backseat but I agree Chargers went all in on improving their Oline for Herbert, he could be top 5 QB by end of season.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep.

https://youtu.be/Q_edCJqXJQY

https://youtu.be/pi3b2e4w9Xs

https://youtu.be/_L97suolWeg

https://youtu.be/LooiDSIQdio

https://youtu.be/5prUS_1CPmA

And that’s just a handful of recent ones…

Yessir. I originally put about 15 links in my reply that were no more than a couple months old, at worst, before i deleted them all and just typed my reply. 

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 02:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I cant agree we put it on the backseat but I agree Chargers went all in on improving their Oline for Herbert, he could be top 5 QB by end of season.

How could you not agree that the Bengals put improving the OL on the back burner, this offseason?  Other than signing an aging vet to a one year deal, and trading back for a Guard in the 2nd round, seems like Defense got most of the attention this offseason.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 04:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How could you not agree that the Bengals put improving the OL on the back burner, this offseason?  Other than signing an aging vet to a one year deal, and trading back for a Guard in the 2nd round, seems like Defense got most of the attention this offseason.

They drafted 3 oline and signed starting tackle still wanted more but more than they did year past.
Reply/Quote