Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry this happened in your city
I’m beyond tired of it, and I imagine it’s an even bigger jolt when it happens in your own backyard. Evil continues to raise its head and it’s sickening.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I can’t even imagine being ambushed in church like that. We’ve personally had to check on 3 people yesterday. All were okay.
I work at a bank. He was supposed to open a business credit card with me. A few months ago he withdrew a large chunk to buy his teenage son a used truck. It's a common enough name I assumed it very well wasn't him. Even hearing it was a 47 year old white guy I still couldn't be sure it was him. A few hours into the breaking news coverage they starting running his driver's license picture. He was always friendly and reserved tge few times I helped him. Last time I saw him he was getting that check to buy the truck. He was super giddy talking about the specs of the truck. It was close to an hour drive to pick it up, but they found the place online.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
It's a shame when it happens anywhere.

It give one a close up look at how people react when it happens nearby.

Small, self-loathing people who think guns make them brave as they shoot a bunch of elderly people praying.

I know he's a "lone nut".  I also know there seems to be an air of confidence that these "lone nuts" are becoming more prevalent....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-29-2018, 10:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's a shame when it happens anywhere.

It give one a close up look at how people react when it happens nearby.

Small, self-loathing people who think guns make them brave as they shoot a bunch of elderly people praying.

I know he's a "lone nut".  I also know there seems to be an air of confidence that these "lone nuts" are becoming more prevalent....

I didn't quite follow his reason.  They were helping immigrants or something and that pissed him off?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-29-2018, 11:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't quite follow his reason.  They were helping immigrants or something and that pissed him off?

He was a bigoted white guy who feels like white guys are being marginalized.  Just like the rest of them that do these things.
(10-29-2018, 11:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't quite follow his reason.  They were helping immigrants or something and that pissed him off?

(10-29-2018, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: He was a bigoted white guy who feels like white guys are being marginalized.  Just like the rest of them that do these things.

Yep. They talked about this on The Daily from the NYT. He is a white nationalist who was strongly anti-Semitic. Even though he is an alt-righter, his posts on Gab were critical of Trump for not being strong enough on this sort of thing, that he was being too lenient to the Jews and immigrants. He had posted about the Jews helping the Muslims come into the country. His last post was about not caring about optics, but doing what needed to be done. Five minutes later, the first 911 call came in.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-29-2018, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: He was a bigoted white guy who feels like white guys are being marginalized.  Just like the rest of them that do these things.

Yeah, just like James Hodgkinson.  What exactly do you mean by "these things"?  Do you mean mass shootings?
(10-29-2018, 11:44 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, just like James Hodgkinson.  What exactly do you mean by "these things"?  Do you mean mass shootings?

I mean people who target "others".  Mass shootings, harassment, whatever.

But thank JEBUS a non-republican did an awful thing so you could defend them every other time.

What a joke.
Whelp. That sucks. Hope my number doesn't get called the next time one of these rolls around.

But hey, that's why I don't go to church.
(10-29-2018, 12:08 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Whelp. That sucks. Hope my number doesn't get called the next time one of these rolls around.

But hey, that's why I don't go to church.

Churches are just easy targets.  These nuts know they are filled with "them" and they probably won't accidentally kill someone who isn't a target in their mind.

This can and does happen at different locations.

Nut job cowards.
(10-29-2018, 12:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Churches are just easy targets.  These nuts know they are filled with "them" and they probably won't accidentally kill someone who isn't a target in their mind.

This can and does happen at different locations.

Nut job cowards.

Well I'm two steps ahead of 'em. I also don't go to the movies, concerts, work, work parties, restaurants, nightclubs......Ninja
(10-29-2018, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I mean people who target "others".

But you specifically said white men.  Not those who target "others".  It's just interesting to me that you display bigotry in a thread about a bigot who murdered people.

Quote:Mass shootings, harassment, whatever.

Sure, but, again, you specifically mentioned white men.

Quote:But thank JEBUS a non-republican did an awful thing so you could defend them every other time.

What a joke.

Who's defending anyone in this thread?  The answer is no one, but pathetic attempt on your part to try and portray it as such.  You heavily implied that this type of violence is solely the province of a certain segment of our society when that is clearly not the case.  Again, it's sadly ironic how much bigotry you display whilst decrying bigotry.
(10-29-2018, 12:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But you specifically said white men.  Not those who target "others".  It's just interesting to me that you display bigotry in a thread about a bigot who murdered people.

Sure, but, again, you specifically mentioned white men.

Who's defending anyone in this thread?  The answer is no one, but pathetic attempt on your part to try and portray it as such.  You heavily implied that this type of violence is solely the province of a certain segment of our society when that is clearly not the case.  Again, it's sadly ironic how much bigotry you display whilst decrying bigotry.

Yep. White guy did this. I commented on this event....and all the other white guys that did similar things.

But you have to defend white guys...even though not all white guys do things like this.

Get a life.

Thanks.
(10-29-2018, 12:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  White guy did this.  I commented on this event....and all the other white guys that did similar things.

Doubling down on your bigotry I see.  Alas, mass shootings are not solely, or even mostly (as mass shootings are actually defined) committed by white men.

Quote:But you have to defend white guys...even though not all white guys do things like this.

Again with "defend".  Keep pushing that talking point.  Pointing out that you are being bigoted in a thread about a bigot rather seems germane to the topic.

Quote:Get a life.

Thanks.

That's one way to wave the white flag.  Start owning your obvious prejudices, GM, you'll be a better human for it in the long run.
(10-28-2018, 05:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I work at a bank. He was supposed to open a business credit card with me. A few months ago he withdrew a large chunk to buy his teenage son a used truck. It's a common enough name I assumed it very well wasn't him. Even hearing it was a 47 year old white guy I still couldn't be sure it was him. A few hours into the breaking news coverage they starting running his driver's license picture. He was always friendly and reserved tge few times I helped him. Last time I saw him he was getting that check to buy the truck. He was super giddy talking about the specs of the truck. It was close to an hour drive to pick it up, but they found the place online.

That is majorly f'd dude.  Can't imagine having distinct memories of interacting with someone like this.

It sounds like you would have never guessed this about him.  Must have just completely snapped.
(10-29-2018, 12:39 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: That is majorly f'd dude.  Can't imagine having distinct memories of interacting with someone like this.

It sounds like you would have never guessed this about him.  Must have just completely snapped.

When you interact with someone that is either a victim or perpetrator in a major thing like this, it is a very weird feeling.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-28-2018, 05:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I work at a bank. He was supposed to open a business credit card with me. A few months ago he withdrew a large chunk to buy his teenage son a used truck. It's a common enough name I assumed it very well wasn't him. Even hearing it was a 47 year old white guy I still couldn't be sure it was him. A few hours into the breaking news coverage they starting running his driver's license picture. He was always friendly and reserved tge few times I helped him. Last time I saw him he was getting that check to buy the truck. He was super giddy talking about the specs of the truck. It was close to an hour drive to pick it up, but they found the place online.

I’ll bet the FBI will be contacting you soon if they already haven’t.
First off: Shame on anyone her or Nationwide that tries to make this tragedy a divisive issue. It's attitudes like that that do absolutely nothing to help these cases at best and motivate them at worst.

Secondly, when I do go; I could think of worse things to be doing than worshipping. So in some very small way I take solace in that.

Thirdly, Our elected officials have to come together for humanity. I participate in partisan politics because the Conservative follows more closely to my morals and finances; whoever, none of that is worth a tragedy such as this.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-29-2018, 12:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Doubling down on your bigotry I see.  Alas, mass shootings are not solely, or even mostly (as mass shootings are actually defined) committed by white men.

Again with "defend".  Keep pushing that talking point.  Pointing out that you are being bigoted in a thread about a bigot rather seems germane to the topic.

That's one way to wave the white flag.  Start owning your obvious prejudices, GM, you'll be a better human for it in the long run.

Yep, me talking about this white guy and all the other white guys mean I think no one but white guys do this kind of thing.  Mellow Sure thing. Smirk

But you can't limit the discussion to this event and similar ones perpetrated by flaccid white guys...so that's on you.

Quote:Start owning your obvious prejudices, you'll be a better human for it in the long run.