Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like Tee might change his #
Kind of sucks for people that already bought his jersey, but with us getting new ones anyway maybe not a big deal.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/will-tee-higgins-change-his-number

A certain someone could also rock #1 with this rule change, too...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I really hope he doesn't; I agree with guys coming in this year, it makes sense. But establish yourself with the number you choose.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
They should change their number every season to get more profits. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I really hope he doesn't; I agree with guys coming in this year, it makes sense. But establish yourself with the number you choose.

Yeah, but that's not exactly the number he chose, right? Or am I misunderstanding?
Reply/Quote
stay 85 and work on those feet. we need an ocho cinco!!
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with that,let him have his own identity. Everyone thinks Chad when 85 is worn.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 01:08 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, but that's not exactly the number he chose, right? Or am I misunderstanding?

He only took 85 because NFL rules prohibited WR’s from wearing single digit numbers. He wore 5 at Clemson. They’re changing the rule though.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: They should change their number every season to get more profits. Tongue

They should all wear 69.  Heh heh.  
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 01:08 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, but that's not exactly the number he chose, right? Or am I misunderstanding?

I think it has to be a bit of give and take; IE, he's given a choice of 4-5 numbers and has first pick of the litter, so he probably went with 85, since it had a 5 in it (15 was taken by Willis).

That's how I would've seen it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 09:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think it has to be a bit of give and take; IE, he's given a choice of 4-5 numbers and has first pick of the litter, so he probably went with 85, since it had a 5 in it (15 was taken by Willis).

That's how I would've seen it.

Brilliant analysis and insight, as always.  
Reply/Quote
If they changed the rule I am guessing there will be several players around the league changing numbers.

More likely to happen among players who have only been in the league for 1 or 2 years like Higgins.

I am sure Hobson already has his "Working 9 to 5" headline ready.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If they changed the rule I am guessing there will be several players around the league changing numbers.

More likely to happen among players who have only been in the league for 1 or 2 years like Higgins.

Lol. Working 9 to 5 - made me lol. Good stuff
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 01:34 AM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: I'm fine with that,let him have his own identity. Everyone thinks Chad when 85 is worn.

Maybe not those that grew up in 70s.. I think of Curtis.. thought that when Chad got number and still do
Reply/Quote
Maybe we’ll retire 85 at some point? I’m all for Higgins making his own legacy with 5 honestly. Would be cool.
Reply/Quote
Higgins wearing #5 would look sleek!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Maybe we’ll retire 85 at some point? I’m all for Higgins making his own legacy with 5 honestly. Would be cool.

not a fan of "retiring" numbers. Every generation deserves the same number.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I really hope he doesn't; I agree with guys coming in this year, it makes sense. But establish yourself with the number you choose.

Whaaat!  Establish yourself as a player not a number.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If they changed the rule I am guessing there will be several players around the league changing numbers.

Now that is solid Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 04:15 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They should all wear 69.  Heh heh.  

Tim Krumrie did!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 05:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: not a fan of "retiring" numbers. Every generation deserves the same number.

I disagree. I think if you’re a historic franchise it’s a cool thing. Never seeing a 16 or 80 on the Niners again seems right IMO.
Reply/Quote