Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: The #Eagles and #Bengals are the 2 finalists for standout S Chauncey Gardn
(03-15-2023, 06:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I love how he worded that like he trying to be a hero and save everyone from un-verified accounts lol!

He forgot to add he's a pretentious dbag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean im already using all my energy holding back the fans that hate how FA is going so far. We damn near gotta sign this guy to shut everyone up.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The NFL Network free agency show just named us as the best place for CG ThumbsUp

SIGN HIM!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He forgot to add he's a pretentious dbag.

Yeah, don't leave that out sucka!  Hilarious

(03-15-2023, 09:18 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean im already using all my energy holding back the fans that hate how FA is going so far. We damn near gotta sign this guy to shut everyone up.

Shut up every single one, even NotBigzo... Mellow

(03-16-2023, 05:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The NFL Network free agency show just named us as the best place for CG ThumbsUp

SIGN HIM!

Wink
Reply/Quote
In actual news, I heard that Cincy broke off communication with Gardner-Johnson early on when his asking price was too high for us. $13-$15 mil. Maybe $11 mil.

Now, however, with Philly having paid Bradbury and Slay, they might not have they $$ for him at a big number. Apparently we reached out to his reps again tonight. Maybe nothing comes of it. But we are clearly trying to get value on a guy whose market may be softer than expected.

EDIT: I have no sources or info, just repeating stuff I have read elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:57 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In actual news, I heard that Cincy broke off communication with Gardner-Johnson early on when his asking price was too high for us. $13-$15 mil. Maybe $11 mil.

Now, however, with Philly having paid Bradbury and Slay, they might not have they $$ for him at a big number. Apparently we reached out to his reps again tonight. Maybe nothing comes of it. But we are clearly trying to get value on a guy whose market may be softer than expected.

EDIT: I have no sources or info, just repeating stuff I have read elsewhere.

Bates signing with ATL for the price he did probably has Gardner-Johnson's agent seeking a similar deal. Maybe we luck out and nobody in the league is willing to go that high. Maybe the Bengals end up being the team to offer the most and he ends up with us. We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bates signing with ATL for the price he did probably has Gardner-Johnson's agent seeking a similar deal. Maybe we luck out and nobody in the league is willing to go that high. Maybe the Bengals end up being the team to offer the most and he ends up with us. We shall see.

Yeah the combination of showcasing on a one year deal with incentives on a real look y good defense could get him to bet on himself to get that big deal next year.  They of course want guaranteed money, but if the gap is that big and nobody is paying him it could be a win/win. Cincy has a lot going for itself and they played the Brown Jr. Zsituarion perfectly, this could be the sequel. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bates signing with ATL for the price he did probably has Gardner-Johnson's agent seeking a similar deal. Maybe we luck out and nobody in the league is willing to go that high. Maybe the Bengals end up being the team to offer the most and he ends up with us. We shall see.

Yes, the longer he is out there the more likely we land him. There is a reason the Scott deal hasn't went through yet.

(03-17-2023, 11:03 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah the combination of showcasing on a one year deal with incentives on a real look y good defense could get him to bet on himself to get that big deal next year.  They of course want guaranteed money, but if the gap is that big and nobody is paying him it could be a win/win. Cincy has a lot going for itself and they played the Brown Jr. Zsituarion perfectly, this could be the sequel. 

And the Pratt deal was handled perfectly as well. If we can get CGJ in here, what a topper that would be.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:45 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if the news is real or not but I will say always questions your sources.  I can't find any reference of that source of the tweet being with The Athletic or Yahoo Sports as their profile states.  Also scroll trough their feed.  Mostly retweets and I saw this gem "Trolling British people cause of soccer is so funny considering I have watched 3 soccer games in my entire life."    I mean just read through the replies for that account.  Here is another gem as a reply to someone "They suck you moron".    Does that sound like someone that writes for a major publication like The Athletic?   Sounds more like someone from this forum.  haha

My cat tells me I suck and that I'm a moron every day. Maybe that little bastard has been getting on the internetz? 

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:03 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah the combination of showcasing on a one year deal with incentives on a real look y good defense could get him to bet on himself to get that big deal next year.  They of course want guaranteed money, but if the gap is that big and nobody is paying him it could be a win/win. Cincy has a lot going for itself and they played the Brown Jr. Zsituarion perfectly, this could be the sequel. 

The Bates situation from two years ago has me worried about paying a guy for one year.

Sure, Bates was lights-out in the playoffs, but he half-assed the regular season because he didn't want to get hurt and then just turned it on in the playoffs, so would CGJ do the same? Maybe not because he'd be signing here knowing the situation and incentives would help him to not half-ass it, but it still just worries me because I want a guy playing with confidence and no fears of what his future holds.

(03-17-2023, 02:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My cat tells me I suck and that I'm a moron every day. Maybe that little bastard has been getting on the internetz? 

Cats are the worst...............
Reply/Quote