Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: The #Eagles and #Bengals are the 2 finalists for standout S Chauncey Gardn
(03-14-2023, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think they need to sign a FA safety as well but I can't imagine signing one for close to what Bates/Bell got. Even if they can get one cheaper, how big of a difference is a couple million when taking into consideration a known commodity and locker room leader. I feel like it has to be on the cheap in order to defend not just dishing out a couple more million to bring back Bell.

I doubt the FA they bring in will be on the CGJ level. If they brought in a replacement on that level then it'll almost look like they are admitting they blew it with Bell.

Not necessarily, could have been part of their plan all along, these guys are EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL and finally learning not to tip your hand in FA period
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Hilton is the only real person I've seen talk about CGJ. Who knows if the Bengals are interested, but I would love to have this dude.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:12 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Mike Hilton is the only real person I've seen talk about CGJ. Who knows if the Bengals are interested, but I would love to have this dude.

Good on Mike. Would love it if we could land Gardner-Johnson, he is a damn good Safety. Would be just what we need right now.

This fake news shit makes me mad though, wish this stuff was feritted out quicker so we wouldn't have to always get our hopes up.Mad
Reply/Quote
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson had a PFF grade of 63.9
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/chauncey-gardner-johnson/49371

Von Bell had a PFF grade of 66.3
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/vonn-bell/10695

We are going to pay Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 11-13 million per year when we balked on Von Bell at 7.5 million per year? and we couldnt sign Bell because of a 13 million guarantee but we will pay that much to Chauncey Gardner-Johnson every year as his regular salary? I hope this isnt true because it makes no sense and would be beyond idiotic.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson had a PFF grade of 63.9
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/chauncey-gardner-johnson/49371

Von Bell had a PFF grade of 66.3
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/vonn-bell/10695

We are going to pay Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 11-13 million per year when we balked on Von Bell at 7.5 million per year? and we couldnt sign Bell because of a 13 million guarantee but we will pay that much to Chauncey Gardner-Johnson every year as his regular salary?  I hope this isnt true because it makes no sense and would be beyond idiotic.

Vonn also as 3 more years wear and tear in the NFL and isn't quite as much of a ballhawk as CGJ lately.

We don't know what we will pay CGJ or if he is even coming here either, sounds like bitching at everything the FO does or doesn't do.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Vonn also as 3 more years wear and tear in the NFL and isn't quite as much of a ballhawk as CGR lately.

We don't know what we will pay CGR or if he is even coming here either, sounds like bitching at everything the FO does or doesn't do.

They could still upgrade the position and we definitely need to wait and see how free agency plays out.  The problem I think people have is when you let a proven player like Bell walk, someone that has been a big part of the teams success, you are taking a gamble that #1 you can land someone in free agency as equally as good or better and #2 they are able to understand and play well in that new defensive scheme they are moving to.  Fans are rightfully going to question letting both our safties go when they played a big part of the defense especially when there was no reason we couldnt have kept one of them.  Like I said though, we will still need to wait and see how it turns out.  Free agency did just start.
Reply/Quote
If you want 'em, guarantee that money.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They could still upgrade the position and we definitely need to wait and see how free agency plays out.  The problem I think people have is when you let a proven player like Bell walk, someone that has been a big part of the teams success, you are taking a gamble that #1 you can land someone in free agency as equally as good or better and #2 they are able to understand and play well in that new defensive scheme they are moving to.  Fans are rightfully going to question letting both our safties go when they played a big part of the defense especially when there was no reason we couldnt have kept one of them.  Like I said though, we will still need to wait and see how it turns out.  Free agency did just start.

Bates was never going to be here, but yeah, letting Bell go instead of paying him the guaranteed money could be a mistake. Like you
said, the new guys are going to have a lot of learning to do. I just hope whoever we bring in is smart, that is what Vonn really brought
to the table and we could miss big time.

Actually, Free Agency starts tomorrow officially.
Reply/Quote
Just posted a pic of himself in a Bengal uniform.

I'd be highly surprised if he came to Cincinnati, but he sure is laying it on pretty thick to get something from Philly

Edit: By posted I meant retweeted.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a third team involved. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sources: The #Eagles and #Bengals are the two finalists for standout S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

Bengals are currently seen as front runners due to guaranteed money, but the 25 year old wants to give Philadelphia a chance to match.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not something we see often lol
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bates was never going to be here, but yeah, letting Bell go instead of paying him the guaranteed money could be a mistake. Like you
said, the new guys are going to have a lot of learning to do. I just hope whoever we bring in is smart, that is what Vonn really brought
to the table and we could miss big time.

Actually, Free Agency starts tomorrow officially.

If we replace Bates and Bell with Chauncey and one of our Draft picks last year we will probly be okay.

They were drafted to take over eventually
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think they need to sign a FA safety as well but I can't imagine signing one for close to what Bates/Bell got. Even if they can get one cheaper, how big of a difference is a couple million when taking into consideration a known commodity and locker room leader. I feel like it has to be on the cheap in order to defend not just dishing out a couple more million to bring back Bell.

I doubt the FA they bring in will be on the CGJ level. If they brought in a replacement on that level then it'll almost look like they are admitting they blew it with Bell.
I really don't think they care about people knowing they blew it with Bell. Sure, it may have been a mistake, but it's also a business.

I think Zac and Duke knows what they're doing and are letting the pieces fall into place before they makes any drastic moves.

We also can't be huge spenders right away while working on Burrow's contract, as well as other guys.
(03-14-2023, 01:12 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Mike Hilton is the only real person I've seen talk about CGJ. Who knows if the Bengals are interested, but I would love to have this dude.

Yeah. That would be huge for us.
Reply/Quote
Twitter just said the Chiefs are in the running for Chauncey-Gardner but also asks where the hell they're getting all this cap space.

I hope that doesn't drive the price up.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we replace Bates and Bell with Chauncey and one of our Draft picks last year we will probly be okay.

They were drafted to take over eventually

I agree and Tycen Anderson looked pretty damn good last Preseason after watching film Goodberry provided.

There are other Safety options as well besides CGJ who could fit in Rapp, Love or Thornhill. All younger than Bell.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Twitter just said the Chiefs are in the running for Chauncey-Gardner but also asks where the hell they're getting all this cap space.

Travis Kelce saves the Chief's a ton of money because TE's only make a fraction of a what WR does. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you want 'em, guarantee that money.

This reminds me of so many companies that say, "No one wants to work anymore!"
No, it's that no one wants to work for YOU for the wage/salary you're offering.
Big difference.
Get with the times.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Twitter just said the Chiefs are in the running for Chauncey-Gardner but also asks where the hell they're getting all this cap space.

The Chiefs, like most teams, convert some of a player's salary to a bonus, which allows them to spread that cost out across the remaining years.
Teams can also add additional year(s) that really just allow the bonus to spread across more.

And if you look at their cap situation, they still have $7.6 mill in cap.
Next year, they go up to estimated $76 mill in cap with impending FAs.
Chris Jones is the big one that is set to hit FA next year, which is why they have so much cap currently for 2024 and beyond.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote:

I love how he worded that like he trying to be a hero and save everyone from un-verified accounts lol!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote