Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Force
(12-30-2020, 02:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There’s certainly legitimate criticism in the roll out. The idea of a Space Corps was proposed by a commission chaired by Rumsfeld with a reorganization within the Air Force to eventually having an independent branch. The House had a bipartisan bill to do that, but Trump and his Pentagon threw cold water on it saying more research had to be done. Soon after he then proposed a straight up new branch called Space Force...

I think it’s fair to say he wanted credit for the branch and that drove his opposition and then sudden support for the longterm plan happening immediately

Interesting.  So kind of like I saying that Trump just wanted to throw the "brand" on it for his own personal glory and reasons.  That certainly fits in with the rest of his term an, well, his life.

Obviously it is a long term thing that will require more thought than stealing designs from Star Trek and a very strange name.

I rather enjoy good conversations around here rather than the usual complaining.  Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 02:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There’s certainly legitimate criticism in the roll out. The idea of a Space Corps was proposed by a commission chaired by Rumsfeld with a reorganization within the Air Force to eventually having an independent branch. The House had a bipartisan bill to do that, but Trump and his Pentagon threw cold water on it saying more research had to be done. Soon after he then proposed a straight up new branch called Space Force...

I think it’s fair to say he wanted credit for the branch and that drove his opposition and then sudden support for the longterm plan happening immediately

The current iteration of the Space Force, though, is within the Air Force. It's like the relationship between the Marines and the Navy. They share a Secretary, but there is a military commander that sits on the JCOS specifically for them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 06:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The current iteration of the Space Force, though, is within the Air Force. It's like the relationship between the Marines and the Navy. They share a Secretary, but there is a military commander that sits on the JCOS specifically for them.

Yea I made an error and misrepresented the House bill and Trumps directive. The bill called for the new branch under the Dept of the Air Force and then eventually an independent department under DOD, which the Trump directive also called for less than a year after calling the identical House plan “premature”.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who envisions Trump receiving a briefing on extraterrestrials and responding in a Mel Brooks like fashion "Holy moly, we need a space force !" ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Am I the only one who envisions Trump receiving a briefing on extraterrestrials and responding in a Mel Brooks like fashion "Holy moly, we need a space force !" ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Look at you in a suit and tie.  Haven't seen you in here in ages.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Look at you in a suit and tie.  Haven't seen you in here in ages.

I've been in the trenches, my friend.
My work schedule changed several years ago to 12 hour days, 5+ days/week.
In July I switched back to working weekends, although still 12 hour days.
I hadn't made it back here until now, as I had run for State Representative.
That was a ton of work and the reason for the suit and tie.
LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've been in the trenches, my friend.
My work schedule changed several years ago to 12 hour days, 5+ days/week.
In July I switched back to working weekends, although still 12 hour days.
I hadn't made it back here until now, as I had run for State Representative.
That was a ton of work and the reason for the suit and tie.
LOL

Well, it's good to have you back.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, it's good to have you back.

Thank you !
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Look at you in a suit and tie.  Haven't seen you in here in ages.

Roto always did class the joint up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:59 PM)Benton Wrote: Roto always did class the joint up.

Wub

By subtle instigation ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote