Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spain signed
They made it rain on Spain, but he's nothing more than plain.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:45 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah. There was a Bengals front page article saying if anything had happened to Johnson or Adeniji last week, Sample was the next man up.

Yeah but that's obviously only because they had exhausted all of the active OL they had. I'd imagine this week that they'll call up both Calhoun and Spain and if either Johnson or Adeniji go down then they'd kick Sutherland and/or Jordan out to OT as Sutherland has OT experience and they've talked about using Jordan at OT in injury situations.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It would be hilarious to see little Gio out there lined up at OT. The dlineman across from him would probably be laughing so hard he couldn’t pass rush.

They'd laugh till his little bulldog ass cut block them a few times. Gio is tiny, but he has no fear, if they lined him up at tackle he'd go down trying.

And honestly, it would be almost entertaining.... almost.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do none of the Dlineman have experience on Oline? Get Hunt some reps lol. Only joking, he isn’t nimble at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:13 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Yeah but that's obviously only because they had exhausted all of the active OL they had. I'd imagine this week that they'll call up both Calhoun and Spain and if either Johnson or Adeniji go down then they'd kick Sutherland and/or Jordan out to OT as Sutherland has OT experience and they've talked about using Jordan at OT in injury situations.

Which was in my post a couple spots higher. I said Sutherland and Spain would be the backups, but if anything happened to them, then Sample is the emergency guy. I haven’t read anything about Calhoun being called up, but it would be a good idea to get every health Oline guy active.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Do none of the Dlineman have experience on Oline? Get Hunt some reps lol. Only joking, he isn’t nimble at all.

McKenzie has experience at OG.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:20 AM)pally Wrote: To the practice squad

before anyone panics  It is too late in the week for another team to claim him. With all the injuries, it prevents the team from making a corresponding cut.  With the new practice squad rules Spain can still be available to play on Sunday. He gets moved to the active roster over the bye

Thank you for clarifying that! I will admit I got nervous when I read "signed to the practice squad". Best case scenario trade billy price for a bag of swedish fish and  XSF and this guy turn out to be both above average guards.. The center from Seattle I have a good feeling about.  They are trying.. That's all we ask... We are do for some good luck..
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Fred moved to RT once Adeniji came in, so we may see Adeniji-Jordan-Price-Redmond-Fred, instead... but I would be fine wherever they put Fred :)

I didn't realize Johnson was shifted to RT and Adeniji put at LT. I just knew Hart went out and Adeniji went in.
It does sound like the starting OL will be as you said, with Sutherland and Calhoun as backups with Spain as the emergency.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Thank you for clarifying that! I will admit I got nervous when I read "signed to the practice squad". Best case scenario trade billy price for a bag of swedish fish and  XSF and this guy turn out to be both above average guards.. The center from Seattle I have a good feeling about.  They are trying.. That's all we ask... We are do for some good luck..

If Price performs well, do we still trade him? He actually looked okay and graded out decently when he filled in at center last week. If he shows up in the Titans game and gets the job done, do we trade him still or hope we can develop him still?

We've been due for good luck for about 20 years lol

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I’m happy Mr Spain join the squad and anxious to see what he brings to the table.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Price performs well, do we still trade him? He actually looked okay and graded out decently when he filled in at center last week. If he shows up in the Titans game and gets the job done, do we trade him still or hope we can develop him still?

The way we are losing lineman on both sides of the ball, I don't see any more trades from either line unless a corresponding incoming player is part of it.  We won't be trading any lineman for draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Price performs well, do we still trade him? He actually looked okay and graded out decently when he filled in at center last week. If he shows up in the Titans game and gets the job done, do we trade him still or hope we can develop him still?

I am rooting for Price to perform well.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't realize Johnson was shifted to RT and Adeniji put at LT. I just knew Hart went out and Adeniji went in.
It does sound like the starting OL will be as you said, with Sutherland and Calhoun as backups with Spain as the emergency.

Very well may be one of the worst o-lines to take the field that I can remember.  Sad

At least we get to see what Adeniji can do, and what Fred can do at his more "natural" position. Grasping for straws here.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Price did well last week - I am rooting for him to make it two in a row.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: We already knew you were crazy....hell we are to be fans of this team for any length of time... LMAO

You have to be nucking futs to last as a fan of this dumpster fire for any length of time.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Will be good to have him against Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: To put it bluntly...

That would be bad for Burrows health. 

Burrow is not a China doll , he is yoing and move around and it is real football you can't hide him in the closet and they will scheme the best they can ie run the ball more, quick passes. Beside Tenn dominates in time of possession and with the injuries I see us not having the ball much and probably 3 and outs this week 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They'd laugh till his little bulldog ass cut block them a few times. Gio is tiny, but he has no fear, if they lined him up at tackle he'd go down trying.

And honestly, it would be almost entertaining.... almost.

Gio would end up like Josh Norman...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 08:55 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow is not a China doll , he is yoing and move around and it is real football you can't hide him in the closet and they will scheme the best they can ie run the ball more, quick passes. Beside Tenn dominates in time of possession and with the injuries I see us not having the ball much and probably 3 and outs this week 

If Sample were to come in at tackle this week, there is going to be virtually nothing they can do to keep Clowney away from Burrow. Tennessee would line Clowney up over Sample every play and have him feast. Burrow isn’t a China doll, no, but all of those hits add up. Andrew Luck wasn’t a China doll, either. He could move better than Burrow can and was significantly bigger than Burrow is and he still retired due to his accumulated injuries.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am rooting for Price to perform well.  

Me too!

Billy Price came into the NFL with some sort of chest injury and quickly injured his foot during the first few games of his rookie season. He’s definitely a fish out of water at guard but he’s now healthy and heavier and back at his natural position at center. To my eye with no data analytics to back it to Price appears to be far better against 4-3 defenses than 3-4 defenses.
Reply/Quote