Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speculation that Dalton Starts Next Week
(11-24-2019, 06:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Doesn't have to been Dalton, go to the 3rd QB on the team and see what you have in him. We know what we have in the first 2 guys and it is 0-11 might as well look at the other option.

You have a 3rd string QB... That's what you have.

This staff, and franchise is general is a ***** joke.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Let's see what we have in "X". Doesn't matter, the team sucks. Wanted the rookie back up, you got the rookie back up and got that "L"
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Finley has looked TERRIBLE. He doesn't have an NFL arm:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He is a repeat of Dalton little more mobility

Dalton is done here
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I questioned why they drafted Finely in the 1st place after the draft only to have the draft experts question me.
Hilarious

Oh yeah, you sure told 'em, didn't ya?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Finley has looked TERRIBLE. He doesn't have an NFL arm:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He is a repeat of Dalton little more mobility
Reply/Quote
If I'm Andy and Taylor told or asked me to start next week, I'd tell him to go get pumped. No way I'd risk a potential injury when I'm not too far from finally punching my ticket out of this shithole.

3 games isn't much, but it is getting close to time to throwing in the towel on Finley. I think this should also show people just how bad this team really is. There are a couple of bright spots here and there, but we're about 40 players short of being a real NFL team. I'd give Finley next week at most and then hand the ball to Dolegala. What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't win either? Big deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:07 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If I'm Andy and Taylor told or asked me to start next week, I'd tell him to go get pumped. No way I'd risk a potential injury when I'm not too far from finally punching my ticket out of this shithole.

3 games isn't much, but it is getting close to time to throwing in the towel on Finley. I think this should also show people just how bad this team really is. There are a couple of bright spots here and there, but we're about 40 players short of being a real NFL team. I'd give Finley next week at most and then hand the ball to Dolegala. What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't win either? Big deal.

This ship was sinking no matter who the captain was. Dalton is a solid QB - not a miracle worker - so what we saw from him this year was pretty rough, but nothing compared to how bad Finley looks. What we're seeing out of Finley is what a really bad QB looks like on a bad team. If we don't vastly improve this roster in the offseason, we'll be setting Joe Burrow up for failure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This ship was sinking no matter who the captain was. Dalton is a solid QB - not a miracle worker - so what we saw from him this year was pretty rough, but nothing compared to how bad Finley looks. What we're seeing out of Finley is what a really bad QB looks like on a bad team. If we don't vastly improve this roster in the offseason, we'll be setting Joe Burrow up for failure.

You're preaching to the choir. This team is seriously devoid of talent. A healthy AJ Green isn't going to do a damn thing either. This team, it's coaching, schemes, and everything up to Mike Brown is straight trash. I feel bad for Finley too. I think he could be better than what he's showing. This team is ruining any chance of him to have an NFL future beyond backup QB at best.

Any QB we draft next year is coming in with a deck stacked against him. With out typical free agency approach and the constant need to hit on every draft pick, we might just ruin another career.
Reply/Quote
I was listening to Lap and Taylor on my way to get food after the game.

In response to Lap, Taylor said (paraphrasing) "If every qb was benched after their first 3 games, then there wouldn't be any starting" or something to that effect.

In other words, Taylor seemed to shut down the bench Finley talk. But who knows, maybe he will change his mind.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: You're preaching to the choir. This team is seriously devoid of talent. A healthy AJ Green isn't going to do a damn thing either. This team, it's coaching, schemes, and everything up to Mike Brown is straight trash. I feel bad for Finley too. I think he could be better than what he's showing. This team is ruining any chance of him to have an NFL future beyond backup QB at best.

Any QB we draft next year is coming in with a deck stacked against him. With out typical free agency approach and the constant need to hit on every draft pick, we might just ruin another career.

That's why drafting Chase Young or trading the pick for a coach makes more sense than any of these QBs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I was listening to Lap and Taylor on my way to get food after the game.

In response to Lap, Taylor said (paraphrasing) "If every qb was benched after their first 3 games, then there wouldn't be any starting" or something to that effect.

In other words, Taylor seemed to shut down the bench Finley talk. But who knows, maybe he will change his mind.

Lap and Taylor are the worst pair of boobs I've ever seen.

The milk's gone sour!!!!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This ship was sinking no matter who the captain was. Dalton is a solid QB - not a miracle worker - so what we saw from him this year was pretty rough, but nothing compared to how bad Finley looks. What we're seeing out of Finley is what a really bad QB looks like on a bad team. If we don't vastly improve this roster in the offseason, we'll be setting Joe Burrow up for failure.

Which is why I wanted to start Dalton all the way through next season.

Get Jonah Williams back/finally here
Trade down and draft a RT, LB and either another LB or a LG with the first three picks, which should all be in the first 40-45 picks with a trade down.
Re-sign Mixon, promise him that they will continue to draft high on the O-line and tell him this team will ride him into and through the playoffs.
If the Bengals offense sucks next year, draft your QB. The team that he will take over will be MUCH better prepared for a young QB in 2021 than in 2020.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

We need to sign Scherff and Conklin on the offensive line no matter what the cost. Waive Glenn too for cap savings.

This past offseason...imagine IF we added Saffold and Hicks and Fort at LB. We'd be a better team.

The Bengals hiring terrible coaches and going status quo hurt us badly.

In the NFL, unless you win the SB...you need to be trying to improve the roster.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope all the Dalton haters are happy. Second game in a row where veteran leadership was needed for a win. All of you do call experts where so right. Finley had so much pocket presence. All of you who wanted to bench Dalton are so cluelessness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: You're preaching to the choir. This team is seriously devoid of talent. A healthy AJ Green isn't going to do a damn thing either. This team, it's coaching, schemes, and everything up to Mike Brown is straight trash. I feel bad for Finley too. I think he could be better than what he's showing. This team is ruining any chance of him to have an NFL future beyond backup QB at best.

We could easily have $100 million in cap space this off-season, simply by dumping some dead weight. A competent front office could take that and the top pick and have this team in great shape. Instead we're talking about drafting Chase Young simply because we don't trust this front office to put a decent roster around a QB. Sad.

Any other franchise in need of a QB takes QB with the #1 overall pick if a good prospect is there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope all the Dalton haters are happy.  Second game in a row where veteran leadership was needed for a win.  All of you do call experts where so right. Finley had so much pocket presence.  All of you who wanted to bench Dalton are so cluelessness

We've won 0 games with either...so it's hard to say that with Dalton we would have won these games.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope all the Dalton haters are happy.  Second game in a row where veteran leadership was needed for a win.  All of you do call experts where so right. Finley had so much pocket presence.  All of you who wanted to bench Dalton are so cluelessness

Dear Ms. Dalton,
     Your son was the 29th rated QB in the NFL with a passer rating of under 80 and an 0-8 record when the team made the wise decision of seeing what else they had on the team. He played the very same defense earlier in the year in his 9th season in the NFL, had a passer rating in the 50s and "veteranly led" this team to 3 points. 

Meanwhile a 4th RD draft choice in his 3rd career start had a passer rating about 30 points higher and was a Tyler Boyd fumble away from taking the lead late in the game. So while we understand that you are mad that your child was benched; it was the right decision. Also, be prepared that we may take another QB in the upcoming NFL draft instead of letting your son start for his 10th year,

Sincerely.
                                                                             Rational folks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All I can say is this: The Bengals’ starting quarterback next week has a last name beginning with the letter “D.”
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We could easily have $100 million in cap space this off-season, simply by dumping some dead weight. A competent front office could take that and the top pick and have this team in great shape. Instead we're talking about drafting Chase Young simply because we don't trust this front office to put a decent roster around a QB. Sad.

Any other franchise in need of a QB takes QB with the #1 overall pick if a good prospect is there.

We talk about the Rams McVay model though...and they knew to hire an experienced DC AND they upgraded the roster through free agency and trades.

The Bengals whiffed on that.

They'd probably draft Burrow and not upgrade that too.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dear Ms. Dalton,

Sincerely.
                                                                             Rational folks

Who wrote that for you?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote