Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start.
Finely has had 3 starts, the last two against completely beatable teams. The NFL game looks like it is much too big, too fast, and too hard hitting for him.

Is it time to give the cannon-armed Jake Dolegala a shot? At this point, what could it hurt?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Finley's lack of arm strength seems to be his main flaw.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finely has had 3 starts, the last two against completely beatable teams. The NFL game looks like it is much too big, too fast, and too hard hitting for him.

Is it time to give the cannon-armed Jake Dolegala a shot? At this point, what could it hurt?

Dolegala or Dalton; take your pick. Ryan Finley might develop into a great quarterback someday but I don’t see this happening with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
LOL - Still some Finley backers out there.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Not to mention that Dalton IS healthy and was benched. Also Glenn played against the Steelers...and no big difference.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Finley's lack of arm strength seems to be his main flaw.

Maybe that, and a lack of general physical strength.  He's lost 3 fumbles in 3 games, to go along with his 2 underthrown interceptions.  

Still, I applaud the Bengals for at least giving him a shot.  Andy, the 9th year veteran, had 8 chances to pull out a win, and he couldn't do it.  It was well past time to take a good look at what was on the bench, to see if there was anything there worth developing.  We've taken a good look at Finley, now I'd like to at least see Dolegala get some live action.  Even if it's just in mop-up duty.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not to mention that Dalton IS healthy and was benched. Also Glenn played against the Steelers...and no big difference.

Sometimes twitter is like a butthole, it just keeps shooting out waste product..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finely has had 3 starts, the last two against completely beatable teams.  The NFL game looks like it is much too big, too fast, and too hard hitting for him.

Is it time to give the cannon-armed Jake Dolegala a shot?  At this point, what could it hurt?

definitely, lets use the rest of this season to find out what these guys can do. 
Reply/Quote
Dolegala needs a shot. We have nothing to lose.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:52 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Dolegala needs a shot. We have nothing to lose.

That's what I say.  Dude is 6'7", has a cannon for an arm, and went to school where grades count.  He must have some sort of brain to go with that arm.  I'd like to see if he can at least do anything.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He is who I thought he was a terrible QB. Whats more frustrating is that the past two weeks the defense has played well and we have had a solid running game.
He has good qualities but he doesn't have enough of them as of right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe that, and a lack of general physical strength.  He's lost 3 fumbles in 3 games, to go along with his 2 underthrown interceptions.  

Still, I applaud the Bengals for at least giving him a shot.  Andy, the 9th year veteran, had 8 chances to pull out a win, and he couldn't do it.  It was well past time to take a good look at what was on the bench, to see if there was anything there worth developing.  We've taken a good look at Finley, now I'd like to at least see Dolegala get some live action.  Even if it's just in mop-up duty.  

Agree totally

There was no reason at all to continue on with AD as he's not the answer moving forward on this depleted team. I applaud them for putting Finley in as well, it was very needed to see what he has. And now we see he doesn't have much ! There's not even a tiny sliver of hope with him at this point.

At 11-0 why in the hell go back to what hasn't worked for 8 and 1/2 seasons on some good teams and put him back in on a very bad team ???

Put Dolegala in for a long look. We're no beating the Patriots, I doubt we win either game vs. Browns and the Jets are getting it together. I doubt we win any games no matter who QB is.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's what I say.  Dude is 6'7", has a cannon for an arm, and went to school where grades count.  He must have some sort of brain to go with that arm.  I'd like to see if he can at least do anything.

After him, they should try Huber. Let's see what he's got under center. This have to see what we have shit is getting comical. The coaching staff's musical positions on the O line in the preseason should've been a screaming red flag.

Isn't practice and camp and OTAs the place to see what we got?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:26 PM)jason Wrote: After him, they should try Huber. Let's see what he's got under center. This have to see what we have shit is getting comical. The coaching staff's musical positions on the O line in the preseason should've been a screaming red flag.

Isn't practice and camp and OTAs the place to see what we got?

What's the answer then ?
Reply/Quote
Every QB will fail and look like garbage playing here and be worth nothing for a trade. Might as well ruin Dolegala's career, too.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What's the answer then ?

Well... This year Andy Dalton was the best QB on the roster. He took the fall for this turd of a season, and that bridge was burned. So now we have to trot out the worst coach in the league's hand picked worst QB in the league for the rest of the season... To "see what we have".

The answer is to draft the BPA in this draft, and try to rebuild the roster. I guess that leaves us with the options of rolling out the worst QB in the league next year again, or brining in someone like a Keenum or Mariota or something. Then we'll suck again, but hopefully the roster is somewhat improved. Then draft BPA again in the next draft. Then hopefully there's a lil more improvement with all of our key players on rookie contracts... Then we try for our QB. Signing a free agent or two would help, but let's not get too crazy here....

That's pretty much how the Legion of Boom Seahawks were built.

What will we do? Let the QB guru draft his guy again, and flop again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not to mention that Dalton IS healthy and was benched. Also Glenn played against the Steelers...and no big difference.

I seriously doubt this. We are not a team that is a Green, Dalton and Tackle away from being competitive. This team it a total mess from the top down. Coaching is horrible, play calling is Brat like. This is just a very poorly run team with no quality starters or depth. A complete shit show at every lever. Could we have beaten a depleted Steelers team today with those guys? I’m willing to bet we would have found a way to lose as well.
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
We are just evaluating at this point so there’s no reason not to try Dolegala next week. He may look like shit behind this line too but we are just looking to see if he has that something the other 2 lack. There have been plays where the line held only for Thinley and Dalton to miss on throws. Time to see if this kid can make a little something something happen when the opportunity presents itself.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:58 PM)jason Wrote: Well... This year Andy Dalton was the best QB on the roster. He took the fall for this turd of a season, and that bridge was burned. So now we have to trot out the worst coach in the league's hand picked worst QB in the league for the rest of the season... To "see what we have".

The answer is to draft the BPA in this draft, and try to rebuild the roster. I guess that leaves us with the options of rolling out the worst QB in the league next year again, or brining in someone like a Keenum or Mariota or something. Then we'll suck again, but hopefully the roster is somewhat improved. Then draft BPA again in the next draft. Then hopefully there's a lil more improvement with all of our key players on rookie contracts... Then we try for our QB. Signing a free agent or two would help, but let's not get too crazy here....

That's pretty much how the Legion of Boom Seahawks were built.

What will we do? Let the QB guru draft his guy again, and flop again.

Right.

We got nothing but time to wait for Zac to build the greatness with a total dip-shit owner and his cronies.

Ain't life grand?

[Image: th?id=OIP.WoVgbA1VC6gxxvP1ifMyCQAAAA&pid...=265&h=173]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It appears that Finley doesn’t have the arm strength for an NFL quarterback. I’ve noticed he frequently throws the ball slightly behind receivers.
Reply/Quote