Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated projection
(09-06-2015, 12:00 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess what I'm saying is If our ceiling is 8 wins, then the Steelers ceiling is 8 and the Ravens is 7. We are better than the teams in our division, so the record doesn't matter as long as we are better then them.

I wasn't predicting what the rest of the division will do. We're due for a down season, and it looks like we're headed that way based on the things I mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:22 PM)Utts Wrote: The offense will not improve despite the return of MLJ and Eifert. Dalton is still Dalton, and I think he's getting worse not better. Add to that a fragile line and a shaky center, and you have a recipe for mediocrity at best.

We will continue to struggle with pressuring the QB, and our LB situation is a concern. Add to that the DB's are going to get worse not better with Hall and T-New getting old / moving on.

Now factor in the difficult schedule, and the coaching staffs inability to get this team to execute in big games. I say 8 is the ceiling, and I won't be surprised if the adversity causes an implosion leading to 6.

Good thing that you have been wrong for so many years that no one takes you seriously anymore.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing that you have been wrong for so many years that no one takes you seriously anymore.

I've been wrong about plenty of things, but you sir are notorious for being wrong.

I really don't care who takes me seriously or not. My opinion is they are .500 or worse this season. I hope they win 16, but I think it's more like 8.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:53 AM)Utts Wrote: I've been wrong about plenty of things, but you sir are notorious for being wrong.

I really don't care who takes me seriously or not. My opinion is they are .500 or worse this season. I hope they win 16, but I think it's more like 8.

Every year you say they will be .500 or worse. literally every year that I have been viewing a Bengals message board I have seen you say that. Maybe you're just underestimating a player or two on the roster or one/some of the coaching staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:53 AM)Utts Wrote: I've been wrong about plenty of things, but you sir are notorious for being wrong.

You could very well be right, but as you said "Dalton will be Dalton". When it comes to the regular season, Dalton finds a way to win games, so ill bet he outdoes your prediction. Postseason Dalton is the one that needs to fix his stuff.

What do you think Pitt and Balts records will be this year?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:34 AM)Utts Wrote: I wasn't predicting what the rest of the division will do. We're due for a down season, and it looks like we're headed that way based on the things I mentioned.

Why are we due?  That's pretty arbitrary and kinda stupid.  The facts don't support that at all.  What about the things you failed to mention, i.e., the return of key players who were not available last year?  Not negatives, therefore not part of your thought process.

There is one of two things at play here.  You either have no faith at all or, imo, the more likely scenario, you just like to piss people off.  Yeah, think I'm going with the second  one.  You is who you is.  Your stance is obviously well known.

I stick with my original statement--cry for attention.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 09:43 AM)xavierdude Wrote: on paper of course ?..the schedule is for real..this is a 12 plus win team if not so many tough games?..but those tough games do count.. so u atre saying the bengals cant win against "tough teams"..so lets just not play those tough teams and this would be a 12 plus win team

Bengals go 7-9   8-8...you will see changes at the end of the year..Lewis will be gone  and by that time Mc Carron will most likely be our starting quarterback

FYI as you keep spewing schedule

Steelers have a tougher schedule than us. The Ravens have an equally tough schedule

The Browns have the easiest schedule

Steelers - Additions/Subtractions and suspensions
Bryant out 1st 4 games
Bell out first 2 games
Troy P. gone
Taylor gone
Keisel gone
Pouncey out at least 8 games

Key Pickups - ? I don't see any FA pickups of significance

Ravens
Lost Ngata
McPhee
Torrey Smith
J. Jones
O. Daniels
Pita - still out
Urban - still hurt
Additions FA - none significant
Need rookies to start immediately or make major impact at TE and WR (Perriman has bot practiced in 3 weeks)

I am confused by those who say we have not done as much or more as others in the AFCN

I am confused why those same people dismiss the schedules of the other AFCN teams

The only way we go 6-10 in my humble opinion is we lose our QB to injury. As much as I love AJ's potential, I don't think he is close to AD and an injury to our starting QB would force Hue to dumb down the play book.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 10:34 AM)McC Wrote: Why are we due?  That's pretty arbitrary and kinda stupid.  The facts don't support that at all.  What about the things you failed to mention, i.e., the return of key players who were not available last year?  Not negatives, therefore not part of your thought process.

There is one of two things at play here.  You either have no faith at all or, imo, the more likely scenario, you just like to piss people off.  

I stick with my original statement--cry for attention.

Why are we due? Because I'd venture to guess that playoff appearance streaks like this one are the exception, not the norm. I don't have the time or inclination to go look it up, but I think I'm safe in assuming that.

No faith or I like to piss people off? You rip me in the paragraph above for making a statement you claim cannot be supported by facts, and then in the next breath you rip me for not having faith? Do you even know what that word means?

I'm certainly not the only person on this planet that thinks they are a .500 or worse team, so not sure why you're trying so hard to portray my point of view as anything other than my personal assessment of the talent on this team. You obviously have an axe to grind so keep personal attacking away.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Every year you say they will be .500 or worse. literally every year that I have been viewing a Bengals message board I have seen you say that. Maybe you're just underestimating a player or two on the roster or one/some of the coaching staff.

I didn't predict .500 or worse last year, and I don't recall what I predicted before that.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:18 PM)Utts Wrote: Why are we due? Because I'd venture to guess that playoff appearance streaks like this one are the exception, not the norm. I don't have the time or inclination to go look it up, but I think I'm safe in assuming that.

No faith or I like to piss people off? You rip me in the paragraph above for making a statement you claim cannot be supported by facts, and then in the next breath you rip me for not having faith? Do you even know what that word means?

I'm certainly not the only person on this planet that thinks they are a .500 or worse team, so not sure why you're trying so hard to portray my point of view as anything other than my personal assessment of the talent on this team. You obviously have an axe to grind so keep personal attacking away.

You're using having been to the playoffs  four straight years as a reason why this will be a down year?  What kind of twisted logic is that?  The sane person will see that as evidence why there will be a fifth.

Yes, fact.  It is a fact that this is a proven playoff caliber team that starts the season in considerably better shape than last year's playoff team. 

Your evidence is what?  Other than a feeling you have, what else?  The Law of Averages?   Who in their right mind sees recent sustained success as a reason for future failure? That does not compute. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals go 6-10 and finish dead last in the AFCN.

The only player we lost from last year was Terrance newman, and even SI agrees that our defensive backfield can "match the best in the league" but only "until free agency breaks it up".

Don't know how we can go from 5 lossses to 10 losses without losing any critical players at all while adding Michael Johnson and gettong a lot of key players back from injury.

And even harder to understand how we can not finish at least in front of the Browns.

Completely idiotic.

We get back a healthy Geno Atkins, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert and we suddenly lose 4 more games...

Where is the logic behind this?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 02:58 AM)Utts Wrote: Look *****. I already gave my reasons, *one* of which was that it seems unlikely this playoff streak will continue. You're either stupid or have a personal axe to grind. Either way, I'm done wading through your personal attacks. Blocked.

I would hope the monitor on this site deals with the inappropriate language , it is one thing having a disagreement or being a jerk but to use this type of language just brings messages boards to a low standard that makes debate and conversation shallow and just no fun.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 10:18 AM)Anderson HOF Wrote: I would hope the monitor on this site deals with the inappropriate language , it is one thing having a disagreement or being a jerk but to use this type of language just brings messages boards to a low standard that makes debate and conversation shallow and just no fun.

Shit, now that you mention it, your ass is absolutely correct. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 10:18 AM)Anderson HOF Wrote: I would hope the monitor on this site deals with the inappropriate language , it is one thing having a disagreement or being a jerk but to use this type of language just brings messages boards to a low standard that makes debate and conversation shallow and just no fun.

I don't want to see that on here either. Sometimes the board just becomes a place to attack someone with a different opinion. Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 10:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: FYI as you keep spewing schedule

Steelers have a tougher schedule than us. The Ravens have an equally tough schedule

The Browns have the easiest schedule

Steelers - Additions/Subtractions and suspensions
Bryant out 1st 4 games
Bell out first 2 games
Troy P. gone
Taylor gone
Keisel gone
Pouncey out at least 8 games

Key Pickups - ? I don't see any FA pickups of significance

Ravens
Lost Ngata
McPhee
Torrey Smith
J. Jones
O. Daniels
Pita - still out
Urban - still hurt
Additions FA - none significant
Need rookies to start immediately or make major impact at TE and WR (Perriman has bot practiced in 3 weeks)

I am confused by those who say we have not done as much or more as others in the AFCN

I am confused why those same people dismiss the schedules of the other AFCN teams

The only way we go 6-10 in my humble opinion is we lose our QB to injury. As much as I love AJ's potential, I don't think he is close to AD and an injury to our starting QB would force Hue to dumb down the play book.

All good points, but, you know that the Steelers and Ravens always seem to find diamonds in the rough. While the Steelers defense isn't what it used to be, it won't be terrible. Plus, they have a top-5 QB like him or not. If Roethlisberger is playing, the Steelers always have a chance. Same with the Ravens. They always seem to have a solid defense and Flacco plays great when it counts. The QB position is what separates us and those two teams and it's a huge difference.

I have the AFC North as this:

Steelers  11-5
Ravens   10-6
Bengals   9-7
Browns    7-9
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:06 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: All good points, but, you know that the Steelers and Ravens always seem to find diamonds in the rough. While the Steelers defense isn't what it used to be, it won't be terrible. Plus, they have a top-5 QB like him or not. If Roethlisberger is playing, the Steelers always have a chance. Same with the Ravens. They always seem to have a solid defense and Flacco plays great when it counts. The QB position is what separates us and those two teams and it's a huge difference.

Steelers  11-5
Ravens   10-6
Bengals   9-7
Browns    7-9

True, both Ravens and Steelers have proven QB's

But, you can't keep losing studs and not eventually pay for it

It could be argued the Bengals also found diamonds in the rough like IIoka, Nelson, Geno, Marvin Jones and Andy Dalton

My point is it hard for me to look at 2015 losses and gains for the Ravens and the Steelers, look at their schedule and factor in Ben and Joe also played for them in 2014 (injury free again) and see why they got better and we got a whole lot worse.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:06 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: All good points, but, you know that the Steelers and Ravens always seem to find diamonds in the rough. While the Steelers defense isn't what it used to be, it won't be terrible. Plus, they have a top-5 QB like him or not. If Roethlisberger is playing, the Steelers always have a chance. Same with the Ravens. They always seem to have a solid defense and Flacco plays great when it counts. The QB position is what separates us and those two teams and it's a huge difference.

Steelers  11-5
Ravens   10-6
Bengals   9-7
Browns    7-9

You forget the Steelers lost their DC too. Which LeBeau is one of the best DC in the league. Their offensive line will be pretty bad too because Pouncy is gone, and even though Ben is hard to sack; Ben's still going to be sacked a TON this year with his very bad OL.

The Ravens lost their OC that made their offense good last year. Let's not go overboard with Flacco either. Just a few years ago he had more INTs than TDs. His first 5 playoff games he was 1 TD to 6 INTs too, so there's that. The Ravens offense won't be as good as it was last year by a long shot, and their defense will take a big hit too.

I don't see how the Bengals won't be the best team in the division.
Reply/Quote
- The SI piece is absolutely so far off based on what we see and know today going by the Bengals roster, health, etc. Is it possible? Of course. Probable enough to predict? No freaking way.

- I think Utts is completely entitled to have post his opinion without being attacked by people. Frankly, with the strength of schedule, injury possibilities, and the inconsistent QB play I can understand why someone would think that 8-8 is possible. The Bengals D is one roll up on Geno's knee from falling down to the 20's again.

- I wish people would keep an open mind and ask questions as to why people think or view the team, plays, FO, etc. certain ways rather than attack the messenger or purposefully misconstrue someone's intent in a post to try and have a "Gotcha!" moment. It's almost as if someone saying they were wrong or acknowledging someone else having a good point or has helped change their opinion means they actually lost some sort of competition as to who the smartest Bengals fan is. NEWS FLASH: We're life long Bengals fans... We're all sort of idiots in our own way.

Choose Your Own Adventure Time. I see either scenario play out....

1: AD is the QB: They post a 12-4 record giving them a first round bye and home field only they go one & done again.
2: AJMac is the QB (due to injury): The Bengals go 10-6 but find post season success. AJMac goes on to become the Bengals version of Tom Brady and leads the team to the Superbowl.

Bold prediction.... Scenario #2 becomes reality.
Reply/Quote
Predicting season records this time of the year is a bit like taking a bucket of acorns to predict which one will become the mightiest oak in the forest. Nobody knows who will get injured, who won't, who has that one great game, who won't and so on. If anyone had predicted Dalton would melt down against Cleveland and have a 2 passer rating then the following week burn the Saints everyone would have thought them completely insane.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 12:21 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - The SI piece is absolutely so far off based on what we see and know today. Is it possible? Of course. Probable enough to predict? No freaking way.

- I think Utts is completely entitled to have post his opinion without being attacked by people. Frankly, with the strength of schedule, injury possibilities, and the inconsistent QB play I can understand why someone would think that 8-8 is possible. The Bengals D is one roll up on Geno's knee from falling down to the 20's again.

- I wish people would keep an open mind and ask questions as to why people think or view the team, plays, FO, etc. certain ways rather than attack the messenger or purposefully misconstrue someone's intent in a post to try and have a "Gotcha!" moment. It's almost as if someone saying they were wrong or acknowledging someone else having a good point or has helped change their opinion means they actually lost some sort of competition as to who the smartest Bengals fan is. NEWS FLASH: We're life long Bengals fans... We're all sort of idiots in our own way.

Choose Your Own Adventure Time....

1: AD is the QB: They post a 12-4 record giving them a first round bye and home field only they go one & done again.
2: AJMac is the QB (due to injury): The Bengals go 10-6 but find post season success. AJMac goes on to become the Bengals version of Tom Brady and leads the team to the Superbowl.

Bold prediction.... Scenario #2 becomes reality.

McCarron would then be the first Alabama QB to be worth spit in the NFL for quite some time. Bold? I'm not quite sure it's bold unless you spell bold as LOL.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote