Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stan Lee died
Stan Lee the Marvel Comic legend passed away today. He was 95. He captured the imaginations of countless people for many decades through the characters he created. He also served in the Army during WWII as a member of the Signal Corps and today is Veterans Day (technically it was yesterday but today is when it is observed due to it falling on a Sunday).

Excelsior!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
RIP Mr Lee.

Reply/Quote
Had no idea he was that old.
Reply/Quote
Ok, so I'm not a comic book nerd.  No one is going to confuse me for Sheldon Cooper or Leonard Hofstatter, but I do know who Stan Lee is.  What I don't know is, 'Excelsior!'.   What does it mean and what does it have to do with him?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 03:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok, so I'm not a comic book nerd.  No one is going to confuse me for Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon got Lee's autograph.  .  .  

on a restraining order.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 03:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok, so I'm not a comic book nerd.  No one is going to confuse me for Sheldon Cooper or Leonard Hofstatter, but I do know who Stan Lee is.  What I don't know is, 'Excelsior!'.   What does it mean and what does it have to do with him?

It was his motto and catchphrase.  He started using it to sign off at the end of a column he wrote in the 60's.  It means "ever upward".

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 03:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok, so I'm not a comic book nerd.  No one is going to confuse me for Sheldon Cooper or Leonard Hofstatter, but I do know who Stan Lee is.  What I don't know is, 'Excelsior!'.   What does it mean and what does it have to do with him?

Back in my day, comics had a letters page, and some just had a column. Whenever Stan Lee wrote something to the fans,it was sort of his shirt tail. He always finished with an "excelsior!"
Reply/Quote