Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-11-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, let's pretend it occurred when folks got into a heated debate about, uuuhhmmm...IDK, maybe the ethics of adults having their children dress up like adults and use vulgar language to support the parent's ideology.  After reading this heated back and forth Poster A realizes he may of overstepped during the discussion so he sends personal apologies to Poster B. Poster B gets upset in another thread with Poster A so he decides to make public the comments made in the PM public with the intent to humiliate, belittle, and slur Poster A. Let's say he said things such as whineing, crying, begging...

If you really cannot see the difference between comments freely made in a public forum and "outing" those shared in a private message, then IDK what to tell you.

I really don't know why you are so hesitant to answer the question asked in the example, my example was not about back and forth in a message board. It was about someone making public comments made in a PM in the intent to harm.

IMHO Poster A should have apologized in public if that is where they overstepped.  And Poster B should have accepted the apology and not gone public with it...unless Poster A then reneged and did the exact same bad behavior in public again.  Then the private apology seems like nothing.

Still different than if Poster A told Poster B something in confidence and Poster C shared it because they wanted to "get back " and Poster A.

But we can use hypotheticals all day and keep getting further and further from the story I guess.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.