Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star of the 2022 season.....
(08-28-2022, 09:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think I’m glad the front office doesn’t agree with your takes.
PFF Ogunjobi
Overall 50.3
Pass Rush 62.3
Run Defense 38.9
33 Solo 12 assist 8 sacks 723 snaps
B J Hill
Pass Rush 65.1
Run Defense 68.6
Overall 70.4
32 solo 12 assists 6 sacks
499 snaps

I have no idea what this post even means.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 10:43 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I have to admit,I’m almost as excited about this defense as I am the Offense.Losing Ogunjobi isn’t a big concern.I feel BJ Hill can feel that void nicely,and could even be a slight upgrade over Ogunjobi IMO.

How can BJ Hill be better than "BJ Hill + Ogunjobi"?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea what this post even means.

No problem go back to sleep
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 06:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think the “star” not named Joe that emerges this year will be Logan Wilson. He was above average to good last year. Showed flashes of greatness. Played through a painful injury. With the bum shoulder hopefully behind him, I expect he takes the next step and will be a league-wide known name by season’s end.

Yes, he is obvious though and didn't want do jinx my man Logan, so I vote for ADG as a breakout player.

Logan could be the star of the Defense though for sure. Such great instincts and savvy.

(08-28-2022, 09:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think I’m glad the front office doesn’t agree with your takes.
PFF Ogunjobi
Overall 50.3
Pass Rush 62.3
Run Defense 38.9
33 Solo 12 assist 8 sacks 723 snaps
B J Hill
Pass Rush 65.1
Run Defense 68.6
Overall 70.4
32 solo 12 assists 6 sacks
499 snaps

BJ Hill could end up being the breakout player too. He did more with many less snaps than Ogunjobi last year as this shows.

I liked what I saw of Carter this preseason too which is the question in how he replaces what BJ Hill did last year.

(08-28-2022, 10:43 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I have to admit,I’m almost as excited about this defense as I am the Offense.Losing Ogunjobi isn’t a big concern.I feel BJ Hill can feel that void nicely,and could even be a slight upgrade over Ogunjobi IMO.

I really like what I’m seeing with this #1 defense.Hope they pick up where they left off in postseason play.

Same Zeke. 

I think we should only get better with another year under Lou while adding more to his personnel to work with.

(08-28-2022, 10:52 PM)jason Wrote: BJ played great last year as a rotational player. He has to really step up now. It's not as easy as just extrapolating what he did last year. Back in the day Wallace Gilberry was great as a situational pass rusher. They let Michael Johnson go in FA, and Gilberry really fell off. Maybe this is different, but Ogunjobi was very disruptive, and made splash plays last year (PFF grades be damned).... Who's gonna fill those shoes?

Outside of a coupla weeks run last year, the defense under Lou as been middle of the pack at best.

They were 5th against the run, that is a start and the building block. Need to stop the run first and then get after the 
passer. This is key to being a top end Defense. I think we saw it beginning to work in the Playoffs which led to turnovers.

(08-29-2022, 12:21 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I showed you his PFF grade versus Ogunjobi and his production was almost as much as Ogunjobi with half the snaps. We saw how well Hill played as a starter. I think there’s a lot more to be concerned about than Hill.

Yes, behind BJ Hill is the question with Carter and if he can fill BJ's shoes...

Ogunjobi was a splash play guy early in games and fell off as the game went on. Must of been conditioning.

(08-29-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Last year it was LarryO and BJ. This year it will be BJ and Carter. The question is not whether BJ can fill LarryO's shoes, he can. The question is whether Carter, Gunter or the others can fill BJ's shoes as the relief man.

Truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No problem go back to sleep

I love when you have to dodge my comments with replies like this.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ogunjobi was a splash play guy early in games and fell off as the game went on. Must of been conditioning.

You must be really concerned about the fact that Hill played 44% fewer snaps than Larry.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You must be really concerned about the fact that Hill played 44% fewer snaps than Larry.

Nope, less wear and tear and is a more productive player as the game goes on. Better conditioning as I said and not 
coming off an injury like Ogunjobi is with Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nope, less wear and tear and is a more productive player as the game goes on. 

Actually it looks like he did not wear down because he played a lot fewer snaps. Also, this.  .  .  

Sacks

....................1st half....2nd half (OT)
Ogunjobi......  3.5 ....... 3.5
Hill...............  3.5 ....... 2.0
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it looks like he did not wear down because he played a lot fewer snaps. Also, this.  .  .  

Sacks

....................1st half....2nd half (OT)
Ogunjobi......  3.5 ....... 3.5
Hill...............  3.5 ....... 2.0

Have to include Tackles and TFL but yeah, those sack numbers kind of surprise me. Hope Zach Carter is as productive as BJ 
Hill was behind Ogunjobi. This is the question along with how Ogunjobi plays in Pitt this year coming off of that bad injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt Sled the D has looked really good under Lou. Zach Carter and Jeff Gunter seem like studs already. Really liked what 
I saw from that other big NT in Dominic Davis too on the DL this last game. Noah Spence also has been playing good.

Overall the depth on the DL looks much better than last season.

Our depth looks good besides Hood in the  Secondary, really like Allan George and Jalen Davis and Tycen Anderson shown some 
good things yesterday. Trayvon Henderson has always been good every dang preseason. Dax Hill is Dax Hill.

Not even mentioning the guy I have as our breakout Defensive player in ADG at LB and as a blitzer at times.

Let's be careful (or at least clear) using the term "stud."

When I hear about a player being a stud, I think they're near Top 10 at their position level of quality.
There's no way Carter or Gunter are anywhere close to that.

With that said, I do like what I've seen from both and think each might be able to notch up to a few sacks this season if they get enough playing time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's be careful (or at least clear) using the term "stud."

When I hear about a player being a stud, I think they're near Top 10 at their position level of quality.
There's no way Carter or Gunter are anywhere close to that.

With that said, I do like what I've seen from both and think each might be able to notch up to a few sacks this season if they get enough playing time.

Yeah, they aren't near there yet sorry. But I have really liked what I saw from both of them this Preseason.

Which is awesome, we need that depth behind our starters on the DL.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are right none of that matters. I hope Ja Mar Chase doesn’t go into a huge sophomore slump. Ha ha

Did you just compare BJ Hill and Ja'Marr Chase?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can BJ Hill be better than "BJ Hill + Ogunjobi"?

We don't know yet if BJ Hill and Zach Carter will be better than Ogunjobi and BJ Hill as the backup...

We will see. I love what I saw of BJ Hill as the starter in the Playoffs and love what I saw of Zach Carter this Preseason tho.

So there is a chance we could be better at 3-tech. Same with TE if Hurst is as good as the coach's and player's say.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love when you have to dodge my comments with replies like this.

You can’t fix stupid as several other posters understood completely and answered.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 02:20 PM)jason Wrote: Did you just compare BJ Hill and Ja'Marr Chase?

I was responding to your contention that what B J Hill did last year doesn’t matter. That same line of thinking fits anybody on the team including Chase. Silly line of reasoning isn’t it?

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You can’t fix stupid as several other posters understood completely and answered.

Completely understood and answered what?

What were you claiming the team did not agree with me on?

What was the point of posting Hill's and Ogunjobi's stats?

I really don't understand any of this.  If you were intelligent you would be able to explain what you meant instead of just calling me stupid.

Personal insults don't explain anything except the fact that you can't explain what your post meant.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Completely understood and answered what?

What were you claiming the team did not agree with me on?

What was the point of posting Hill's and Ogunjobi's stats?

I really don't understand any of this.  If you were intelligent you would be able to explain what you meant instead of just calling me stupid.

Personal insults don't explain anything except the fact that you can't explain what your post meant.

The post was self explanatory as others figured that out just fine. Look it over again.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The post was self explanatory as others figured that out just fine. Look it over again.

No it is not self explanantory.

No one else had said anything about what the Bengals disagreed with me about.  If they have then PLEASE QUOTE THE POST. (Why do I have to do this every time you start making stuff up?)
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it is not self explanantory.

No one else had said anything about what the Bengals disagreed with me about.  If they have then PLEASE QUOTE THE POST. (Why do I have to do this every time you start making stuff up?)

Because I’m not playing your game of troll

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Because I’m not playing your game of troll

How the hell is asking for an explanation "trolling".

If anything your lies about "several" people in this thread "answering the question" are bizarre since absolutely everyone reading this thread can see that no such thing happened.

Not one person has explained what you meant by the Bengals not agreeing with me.
Reply/Quote