Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star of the 2022 season.....
(08-29-2022, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How the hell is asking for an explanation "trolling".

If anything your lies about "several" people in this thread "answering the question" are bizarre since absolutely everyone reading this thread can see that no such thing happened.

Not one person has explained what you meant by the Bengals not agreeing with me.

Never said they explained they responded to it obviously understanding it
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fred has been taking too many pills or somethin'.

It was just simple numbers that are easy to understand. At least they were to me.

Well since you understood it so well please tell me what the Bengals disagree with me over.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As powerful and explosive as our offense should be this year with JoeyB, the big 3 WR's, a new TE and a new line, the star of this season may very well turn out to be Sweet Lou's defensive unit. Outside of maybe Shelvin, who they say has shed weight (though I can't see it) I do not see a single player on defense who is not out there hungry and getting after it on every play, and we have been watching 2nd and 3rd stringers making these plays. Final cut day is going to be some tough decisions. Some of these new defensive linemen and DB's are ballers.

It is amazing to me that we haven't seen a single defensive starter (though you could argue Hill) in the preseason and the defense still looked pretty solid.  

They have better depth than they have in ages, with guys like Ossai, Carter, ADG, Bailey, Flowers, and Hill as rotational guys not considered starters.  

The actual starting lineup has zero holes, IMHO.  Some will try to argue Apple, but if he picks up this season where he ended last season, I think he is a VERY solid CB2.  

The only reason I don't think the Bengals defense gets enough credit nationally is that they don't have that one ridiculous standout talent, like a Myles Garrett.  Hendrickson is a top talent, but still somewhat new to the scene.  Reader is a beast, but DTs rarely get a ton of love unless they are built like Thanos and rush the passer (Donald, if you didn't get the reference).  Wilson is an ascending talent.  Chido is vastly underrated.  All really good A-/B+ type players but no "stars".  I think this is a part of what makes them work.  I wouldn't call them a no-name defense, but they sure have talent spread across all three levels of the defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 06:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think the “star” not named Joe that emerges this year will be Logan Wilson. He was above average to good last year. Showed flashes of greatness. Played through a painful injury. With the bum shoulder hopefully behind him, I expect he takes the next step and will be a league-wide known name by season’s end.

Being on a LOT more prime time games will get all these guys more exposure, but Kay Adams leaving GMF really hurt Logan's star power.  She always gushed about Wilson.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Never said they explained they responded to it obviously understanding it

Not one person has responded in any way that would explain what I disagreed with the Bengals about.  Not one person understands what you mean by that comment.

This is just another case of you making stuff up.

If I am wrong please reply with a quote of the post.  Please don't play the game where you just keep claiming something happened but refuse to quote the post.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not one person has responded in any way that would explain what I disagreed with the Bengals about.  Not one person understands what you mean by that comment.

This is just another case of you making stuff up.

If I am wrong please reply with a quote of the post.  Please don't play the game where you just keep claiming something happened but refuse to quote the post.

You succinctly clarify exactly what you want me to do. I posted the 2021 stats of Ogunjobi and Hill. Most and specifically Nate understood exactly the comparison and numbers. In almost half the snaps of Ogunjobi, Hill almost duplicated his numbers. My later comment implied the Bengal front office obviously also looked at those numbers and chose Hill over Ogunjobi. If you are debating can the backups match Hill’s and Ogunjobi‘s combined production then that’s a valid question mark. But you didn’t articulate that initially. IMO, and it appears the FO, Hill will replace Ogunjobi just fine. He did the last several games easily. Now are they going to replace Hill’s production as a backup? We’ll see.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:29 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You succinctly clarify exactly what you want me to do. I posted the 2021 stats of Ogunjobi and Hill. Most and specifically Nate understood exactly the comparison and numbers. In almost half the snaps of Ogunjobi, Hill almost duplicated his numbers. My later comment implied the Bengal front office obviously also looked at those numbers and chose Hill over Ogunjobi. If you are debating can the backups match Hill’s and Ogunjobi‘s combined production then that’s a valid question mark. But you didn’t articulate that initially. IMO, and it appears the FO, Hill will replace Ogunjobi just fine. He did the last several games easily. Now are they going to replace Hill’s production as a backup? We’ll see.

So basically you made a mistake, and then you were too embarrassed to admit it so instead you call me "stupid"

Typical.

I said I was concerned about losing Ogunjobi.  The only possible interpretation of that comment was that Iwas concerned that we would not have anyone to replace his production on the roster.  I never even mentioned anything about Hill, but you just jump into some comment about how I wanted Ogunjobi over Hill.

Funny thing is that you claimed "everyone else" understood your point when they actually understood and replied to what I posted.  And here is how you use the quote function to back up what you say instead of just making claims and pretending people will believe you. 

(08-28-2022, 03:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think we will miss Ogunjobi. I'm a little concerned about the Dline just because we now have BJ taking over for Larry and Carter rotating in. So if BJ goes down not sure Carter could do what BJ did for us with Larry.

(08-28-2022, 10:52 PM)jason Wrote:  Ogunjobi was very disruptive, and made splash plays last year (PFF grades be damned).... Who's gonna fill those shoes?

(08-29-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Last year it was LarryO and BJ. This year it will be BJ and Carter. The question is not whether BJ can fill LarryO's shoes, he can. The question is whether Carter, Gunter or the others can fill BJ's shoes as the relief man.

So everyone else understood that it was not about "Hill v. Ogunjobi".  You were the one who did not understand the discussion.

And you called me "stupid" Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So basically you made a mistake, and then you were too embarrassed to admit it so instead you call me "stupid"

Typical.

I said I was concerned about losing Ogunjobi.  The only possible interpretation of that comment was that Iwas concerned that we would not have anyone to replace his production on the roster.  I never even mentioned anything about Hill, but you just jump into some comment about how I wanted Ogunjobi over Hill.

Funny thing is that you claimed "everyone else" understood your point when they actually understood and replied to what I posted.  And here is how you use the quote function to back up what you say instead of just making claims and pretending people will believe you. 

Basically you said we’d miss Ogunjobi’s production. I posted their stats and Hill in ridiculously less snaps had almost the same production. It confused you. Big shock. Others agreed with me like Nate. Nice try Freddie

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Others agreed with me like Nate. Nice try Freddie

Nate never agreed with you that Hill could replace all of Ogunjobi's production.  Like everyone else he was looking to Carter.

Again.  This is how the quote function works

(08-29-2022, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked what I saw of Carter this preseason too which is the question in how he replaces what BJ Hill did last year.

Yes, behind BJ Hill is the question with Carter and if he can fill BJ's shoes...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well since you understood it so well please tell me what the Bengals disagree with me over.

It shown that BJ Hill was doing pretty much the same thing last season and in the Postseason as Ogunjobi with way 
less snaps. He could be better, I would think the Bengals agree and that is why they extended BJ Hill and didn't bring 
back Ogunjobi. They must also really like Zach Carter to replace what BJ Hill gave us last year as backup 3-tech.

(08-30-2022, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nate never agreed with you that Hill could replace all of Ogunjobi's production.  Like everyone else he was looking to Carter.

Again.  This is how the quote function works

Well I will agree with Soonerpeace now then and make it official lol

I do think BJ Hill can produce just as much as Ogunjobi as the starter. Maybe not as a pass rusher cause I think Ogunjobi 
has a slight edge there but as a run stopper and overall playmaker I think BJ Hill could be better this season with more snaps.

Better than Ogunjobi overall was last year and much better than what Ogunjobi does in Pitt this year coming off of injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I will agree with Soonerpeace now then and make it official lol

I do think BJ Hill can produce just as much as Ogunjobi as the starter. Maybe not as a pass rusher cause I think Ogunjobi 
has a slight edge there but as a run stopper and overall playmaker I think BJ Hill could be better this season with more snaps.

Better than Ogunjobi overall was last year and much better than what Ogunjobi does in Pitt this year coming off of injury.

You are answering a question no one asked.

Unless you honestly think Hill will produce as much by himself as he did combined with Ogunjobi last year.  Best I can tell that is what Soonerpeace was trying to say.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are answering a question no one asked.

Unless you honestly think Hill will produce as much by himself as he did combined with Ogunjobi last year.  Best I can tell that is what Soonerpeace was trying to say.  

Between BJ Hill and Zach Carter it is possible they produce more. It is absurd to think BJ Hill can do it all by himself.

Pretty damn sure that isn't what Soonerpeace is trying to say. That would be crazy to expect.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love when you have to dodge my comments with replies like this.

I love when someone dodges your comments rather than start another pointless debate about PFF.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Between BJ Hill and Zach Carter it is possible they produce more. It is absurd to think BJ Hill can do it all by himself.

Pretty damn sure that isn't what Soonerpeace is trying to say. That would be crazy to expect.

One other guy that has reportedly put on a few pounds and the coaching staff are very high on is Cam Sample.  He can be a rotational piece at 3T when they go "NASCAR".  

So, it isn't just Hill + Carter, but more like Hill + Carter + Sample and maybe even + Kareem.  

I can't wait to see a 3rd and long for Mr. Biscuit and the Bengals line up with Hendrickson and Ossai outside and Hubbard and Sample inside.  
Reply/Quote
Was actually a pretty cool thread, Sled, before it was hijacked by Fred. Now it is dead. I'm full of dread. Oh well, better days ahead.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love when someone dodges your comments rather than start another pointless debate about PFF.  

(08-31-2022, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was actually a pretty cool thread, Sled, before it was hijacked by Fred.  Now it is dead.  I'm full of dread.  Oh well, better days ahead.

[Image: obsession-by-calvin-klein-for-women-edp-...cao-yq.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One other guy that has reportedly put on a few pounds and the coaching staff are very high on is Cam Sample.  He can be a rotational piece at 3T when they go "NASCAR".  

So, it isn't just Hill + Carter, but more like Hill + Carter + Sample and maybe even + Kareem.  

I can't wait to see a 3rd and long for Mr. Biscuit and the Bengals line up with Hendrickson and Ossai outside and Hubbard and Sample inside.  

True that, between those 4 guys we could definitely out produce what Ogunjobi and BJ Hill did last season..

That last sentence makes me giddy. Smirk

Also Gunter looks like a man out there, he might even be able to play inside something I never expected from his draft 
analysis. But he looks strong and that was his one weakness, he has everything else, great hands, is quick, long, has 
moves and can finish. Too bad he missed against that quick Rams QB on the TD, thought he had him.

(08-31-2022, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was actually a pretty cool thread, Sled, before it was hijacked by Fred.  Now it is dead.  I'm full of dread.  Oh well, better days ahead.

The underrated star of the season could be Ted.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The underrated star of the season could be Ted.

You just made that up in your head....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You just made that up in your head....

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You just made that up in your head....

Maybe it is time to put this thread to bed
Reply/Quote