Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning
(10-02-2023, 08:23 AM)bjf123 Wrote: You’re right. It’s the Seahawks right before the bye, followed by the Niners and Bills. Thats still 1-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't shock me if the D carries us to a win against Arizona. If we play lights out on defence we can beat Seattle too. Not saying im optimistic of either result right now, but that's not impossible.

Beating the Niners and Bills without a QB will be though.
Reply/Quote
It's time, geez. Okay the backups.

Burrow cannot:
- Drop back from Center
- Move around in the pocket
- Push off and throw deep
- Scramble for yards when they are there to take

Defenses don't have to worry about any of that stuff and can just tee off. They don't need to worry about deep plays , Joe moving for yards, Joe eluding a rush.

Put a backup QB in the game for a few weeks or even the rest of the year. This team is talented enough elsewhere to remain at least competitive with a backup.

McCarron or Browning,, idc
Reply/Quote
Agree sit Burrow until after the bye and see where you’re at. We can’t beat anyone scoring 3 points a week. Browning maybe at least can run , throw the ball with some velocity and hit an open Chase ? At worst split a game between the Cards and Seahawks then 2-4 and Burrow comes back healthy after the bye. We would have a tough time beating the 49ers with a healthy Burrow and have to play Buffalo after that. Big picture this year was Super Bowl or bust and that’s not happing with Burrow hurt rest him and maybe his 100 % healthy and you make a crazy run to get into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I agree. Teams know Burrow can't move and plant, so they have an easy time game planning for him. Put Browning out there, at least he can scramble.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Someone needs fired.  We need fresh blood.  Compared to the other teams the Bengals’ offense seems to play in slow motion.

Pollack

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree. Teams know Burrow can't move and plant, so they have an easy time game planning for him. Put Browning out there, at least he can scramble.

Yep. Guarantee that as long as Burrow is on the field, more and more teams are going to copy Tennessee's plan of blitzing everybody and he's going to get hit even more. Sit him until he can move in the pocket like he used to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree with this post. Not saying the season is done. I am saying JB needs to sit. The 2 are not the same. We looked like poop today. Runny poop!

If you are advocating to start McCarron or Browning you are saying the season is done. Which it obviously is. But it's exactly what you and everyone else is saying by calling for these two to start.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Guarantee that as long as Burrow is on the field, more and more teams are going to copy Tennessee's plan of blitzing everybody and he's going to get hit even more. Sit him until he can move in the pocket like he used to.

The Titans seemingly handed the league the key to stopping Burrow this season.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is 32nd in Completion %, 34th in Yards Per Attempt, and 34th in QB Rating.

Legitimately pretty hard to be any worse.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Titans seemingly handed the league the key to stopping Burrow this season.

How the Rams didnt game plan this way was just so beyond me. HUGE oversight my Mcvay. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you are advocating to start McCarron or Browning you are saying the season is done. Which it obviously is. But it's exactly what you and everyone else is saying by calling for these two to start.

Have you watched Burrow this season? It's done whether he plays or not. It cant get any worse. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you are advocating to start McCarron or Browning you are saying the season is done. Which it obviously is. But it's exactly what you and everyone else is saying by calling for these two to start.

McCarron or Browning would play better than what Burrow has. If we play them we could possibly win our next two games against sub par opponents then we have a bye. That's 3 more weeks of rest for Burrow and 4 until we play the 49ers. If he's still not ready just take the L there, because a hurt Burrow, even at 80% probably won't beat the 49ers. Burrow will eventually get better, and if he doesn't then we have no chance at the SB anyway.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree. Teams know Burrow can't move and plant, so they have an easy time game planning for him. Put Browning out there, at least he can scramble.

Zac says he's healthy enough so I guess his framework doesn't include the QB moving to plant or scrambling.

Reply/Quote
I think this injury has been so poorly mismanaged that if you sit him now, you sit him for the season. 1-6 will do it. I think he’ll be shutdown then.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Oh so you haven't watched any games yet. I'll bring you up to speed.

Joe Burrow can't go under center because he can't backpedal out of there. Joe Burrow can't scramble or even juke and jive and avoid rush. Joe Burrow can't plant and throw the ball with any velocity at all. Joe Burrow can't run, at all. Joe Burrow struggles to throw the ball more then 5 yards past line of scrimage. Joe Burrow and this offense have zero threat to throw downfield and complete a pass.

Joe Burrow and this offense have only scored 3 points in two different games. They're averaging 10..25 points per game. They've yet to score a 1st half TD.
Joe Burrow has some of the worst stats in the entire NFL, and worst of his career.

So please explain to me how it's good to leave him in and not play one of the backups until Joe heals up and regains his confidence.

He's just a lamb to the slaughter now.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

What a BLEEPING nightmare! Is this confirmed?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh so you haven't watched any games yet. I'll bring you up to speed.

Joe Burrow can't go under center because he can't backpedal out of there. Joe Burrow can't scramble or even juke and jive and avoid rush. Joe Burrow can't plant and throw the ball with any velocity at all. Joe Burrow can't run, at all. Joe Burrow struggles to throw the ball more then 5 yards past line of scrimage. Joe Burrow and this offense have zero threat to throw downfield and complete a pass.

Joe Burrow and this offense have only scored 3 points in two different games. They're averaging 12.25 points per game. They've yet to score a 1st half TD.
Joe Burrow has some of the worst stats in the entire NFL, and worst of his career.

So please explain to me how it's good to leave him in and not play one of the backups until Joe heals up and regains his confidence.

The offense is even worse than this, ‘74. The Charlie Jones run back for a touchdown doesn’t count in favor of the offense. The offense scores 10.5 points per game.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh so you haven't watched any games yet. I'll bring you up to speed.

Joe Burrow and this offense have only scored 3 points in two different games. They're averaging 12.25 points per game. They've yet to score a 1st half TD.

Well, Zac says he's healthy enough to run the offense.

WTF
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, Zac says he's healthy enough to run the offense.

WTF

Poor judgment. Delusional. Pazzo.
Reply/Quote