Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start Believing ?
(10-24-2021, 09:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Jets are an XFL squad with a 3rd string QB playing.  Burrow will be relaxing on the sideline before the 4th quarter.  

Can you imagine the threads and mass hysteria that would happen if the Jets won.

Might have to shut the board down for a few days.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People speculated Uzomah might get cut this past off season. I'm glad that didn't happen. Really proud of this team. All of them are balling. Props to the coaching staff too.
Reply/Quote
I've been believing in this team. But Taylor is the one I haven't been wanting to get completely on board with but after this game I think it's time to start. I still worry in close games with the tough decisions if he'll make the right call. But there was a point in the 2nd half when I realized when the Bengals had the ball I was filled with pure excitement. I wasn't on the edge of my seat worried if we would convert for a 1st or if we would manage to get pts I was just excited to see what happened next.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can you imagine the threads and mass hysteria that would happen if the Jets won.

Might have to shut the board down for a few days.

They beat the Titans, but they don't even have a starting QB now.  If they win that would be rightly deflating.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:04 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've been believing in this team. But Taylor is the one I haven't been wanting to get completely on board with but after this game I think it's time to start. I still worry in close games with the tough decisions if he'll make the right call. But there was a point in the 2nd half when I realized when the Bengals had the ball I was filled with pure excitement. I wasn't on the edge of my seat worried if we would convert for a 1st or if we would manage to get pts I was just excited to see what happened next.

Taylor is going to get another 3+ years, id wager.  Still, I feel like thus roster could lure a much better HC here.  
Reply/Quote
The only thing missing to me was the offense utilizing the middle of the field in the passing game. They were decent at it last season, but they kind of had to be without any real deep threat.

They absolutely abused the Ravens throwing to the middle today. They didn't just get points being efficient in big splash plays. They drove down the field practically every time they had the ball in the second half.

The offense most of us envisioned when Chase was drafted has arrived. This is what they can be and more. I don't see a team right now that I don't think they can got toe to toe with.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:04 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've been believing in this team. But Taylor is the one I haven't been wanting to get completely on board with but after this game I think it's time to start. I still worry in close games with the tough decisions if he'll make the right call. But there was a point in the 2nd half when I realized when the Bengals had the ball I was filled with pure excitement. I wasn't on the edge of my seat worried if we would convert for a 1st or if we would manage to get pts I was just excited to see what happened next.

Agree

I'm still not convinced ZT is a top notch OC. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's learning and JB can pull his butt out of the fire enough to overcome it.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:00 PM)Tony Wrote: He's got a torn labrum and fracture in his shoulder. Don't expect to see him against the Bengaks the first time around. They said 1 more hit could send him to surgery...

(10-24-2021, 09:02 PM)Tony Wrote: It's in his none throwing shoulder but still... 

Thanks Tony. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:13 PM)samhain Wrote: The only thing missing to me was the offense utilizing the middle of the field in the passing game.  They were decent at it last season, but they kind of had to be without any real deep threat.  

They absolutely abused the Ravens throwing to the middle today.  They didn't just get points being efficient in big splash plays.  They drove down the field practically every time they had the ball in the second half.  

The offense most of us envisioned when Chase was drafted has arrived.  This is what they can be and more.  I don't see a team right now that I don't think they can't got toe to toe with.

If they can continue playing at the level they've been playing, and I think they can. Not saying they're going undefeated rest of way, but.

I believe they can play with anybody, you name it. Bucs, Bills, Cowboys, Titans whoever.
Reply/Quote
If you do start believing, then dammit, man...

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you do start believing, then dammit, man...

I'm gonna take the midnight train going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If they can continue playing at the level they've been playing, and I think they can. Not saying they're going undefeated rest of way, but.

I believe they can play with anybody, you name it. Bucs, Bills, Cowboys, Titans whoever.

Even a few weeks ago, I was worried about a few games.  Chargers, Browns, KC, Baltimore again.  I still think it's a tough second half slate.  I just think they're at a point now where they can win any of those games and not have it be a real surprise to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm gonna take the midnight train going anywhere.

I'm just sorry you were born and raised in south Detroit  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm just sorry you were born and raised in south Detroit  Tongue

Yeah but I'm a singer in a smoky room.
Reply/Quote
For a smile, you two can go off and share a wife.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and what will make me believe even more is a convincing win against the Jets.  This has the making of a classic trap game.

Here we go and it's not even Monday yet...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Woohoo how freaking good was that! This team looks to be building something.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets just stay healthy.

No one has any control over that, so why do people keep saying it?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here we go and it's not even Monday yet...

Right? I’m gonna enjoy our biggest win in about 5 years for a little while…

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and what will make me believe even more is a convincing win against the Jets.  This has the making of a classic trap game.

I hate when people say trap game but I think this is one of rare times it's true.

With Cleveland before the by it's easy to see the jets being overlooked as an automatic win.

This is the definition of a trap game. Hopefully Zac can keep them grounded and focused for next week.
Reply/Quote