Iloka - S

Other Key Players: Gio, Hewitt, Westerman, Dennard, Shaw, Adam Jones, Clarke

Draft:

Foster 1
Mixon - 2
Pocic - 3
Malachi Dupre - 4
Reply/Quote
I believe the hard headed coaches when they say Og will start at LT, this is mine that i am hoping for...

Offense

QB - Dalton
RB - Mixon
WR - Green, Lafell (until Core overtakes), Boyd
TE - Eifert, Uzomah
OL - Ogbuehi - Boling - Mangold (Draft Toth instead of Pocic in the 3rd) - Andre - Fisher

Defense

DL - Datone Jones - Atkins - Billings - Dunlap
LB - Burfict - Foster - Vigil
CB - Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw
S - Iloka, Derron Smith
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe the hard headed coaches when they say Og will start at LT, this is mine that i am hoping for...

Offense

QB - Dalton
RB - Mixon
WR - Green, Lafell (until Core overtakes), Boyd
TE - Eifert, Uzomah
OL - Ogbuehi - Boling - Mangold (Draft Toth instead of Pocic in the 3rd) - Andre - Fisher

Defense

DL - Datone Jones - Atkins - Billings - Dunlap
LB - Burfict - Foster - Vigil
CB - Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw
S - Iloka, Derron Smith

Don't want Mixon, but I do see them drafting a RB in the 4th or so...

I really, really want the vertical threat in John Ross.  I think that helps the entire offense more than any position except LT and the options are limited there.  With you on TEs, Kroft has done very little.  The offensive line I would say that we will have to roll with Bodine, but love Andre at RG.  He fits that spot, plain and simple....he could have a Bobbie Williams-type resurgence in the new position.  

The defensive line looks good, but I am hoping for a more speed-oriented option to get around the right side.  Maybe TJ Watt?  I would love McMillan over Foster as the LB.  I am just not sold on him at all.  Did too much of nothing when his line didn't absolutely destroy opposing offenses.  I sure wouldn't use my first pick on him.  The draft is pretty deep with LB options.  

Don't forget WJIII at CB.  I would hope that he starts over Dennard.  You don't have 28(!) PBUs in one season by being lucky.  This kid has fantastic instincts and plays the ball in the air.  He also didn't suffer a dreaded lower leg injury, thus his return should provide immediate impact.

You snuck in your last point, but I am with you that Smith should be given an opportunity to start over Williams.  If he improved his physicality by working hard in the offseason.  He simply plays the role better, like Reggie Nelson.  Reggie wasn't the ideal safety for the Jags, but he fit our scheme perfectly.  I think Smith is much the same.  He is now my Sexy, but on defense.   Nervous  In other words, like Sexy, I hope he gets a longer look.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't want Mixon, but I do see them drafting a RB in the 4th or so...

I really, really want the vertical threat in John Ross.  I think that helps the entire offense more than any position except LT and the options are limited there.  With you on TEs, Kroft has done very little.  The offensive line I would say that we will have to roll with Bodine, but love Andre at RG.  He fits that spot, plain and simple....he could have a Bobbie Williams-type resurgence in the new position.  

The defensive line looks good, but I am hoping for a more speed-oriented option to get around the right side.  Maybe TJ Watt?  I would love McMillan over Foster as the LB.  I am just not sold on him at all.  Did too much of nothing when his line didn't absolutely destroy opposing offenses.  I sure wouldn't use my first pick on him.  The draft is pretty deep with LB options.  

Don't forget WJIII at CB.  I would hope that he starts over Dennard.  You don't have 28(!) PBUs in one season by being lucky.  This kid has fantastic instincts and plays the ball in the air.  He also didn't suffer a dreaded lower leg injury, thus his return should provide immediate impact.

You snuck in your last point, but I am with you that Smith should be given an opportunity to start over Williams.  If he improved his physicality by working hard in the offseason.  He simply plays the role better, like Reggie Nelson.  Reggie wasn't the ideal safety for the Jags, but he fit our scheme perfectly.  I think Smith is much the same.  He is now my Sexy, but on defense.   Nervous  In other words, like Sexy, I hope he gets a longer look.  

Yeah bro, it was kind of a mix of what i hope and what i predict happening. All the talk is pointing to a 1st round
Foster pick, 2nd round Mixon. I would like a John Ross/McMillan better or instead of McMillan a pass rusher like Taco
or Walker in the 2nd. We definately need a pass rusher opposite Dunlap that is not the walking tree.

WJ3 i think will be great but i really like Dennard if he can stay healthy as well... and lets never forget about the
versatile Josh Shaw who is an awesome player.

Derron is just such a ballhawk and he can roam like Reggie could. We can use Shawn as a Nickel LB and run stopper
at Safety. I am one that thinks Shawn got a bad rap last year but he is just not the free roaming ballhawk that Derron
is, i think he could be special if he learned how to tackle well.
Reply/Quote
I like it especially no Adam Jones. I'd put in Dennard over WJ3 though.

It makes my head hurt when I try to figure out why he's on the roster especially now that Dre is signed on.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I like it especially no Adam Jones. I'd put in Dennard over WJ3 though.

It makes my head hurt when I try to figure out why he's on the roster especially now that Dre is signed on.

There must be some reason for it. That is all i can hope.

You would think freeing up some dough by cutting the guy would help the team.

Mangold, Andre and Datone Jones could save this team before the draft.

Free that thing up damn it.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There must be some reason for it. That is all i can hope.

You would think freeing up some dough by cutting the guy would help the team.

Mangold, Andre and Datone Jones could save this team before the draft.

Free that thing up damn it.

Exactly. He was on the decline last year, acted like a clown and got arrested (again.), we have 2 first round picks chomping at the bit to get on the field and if we cut him we could free up some cap on a team that has re-building to do.

It's the most maddening thing of the off-season for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:27 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Exactly. He was on the decline last year, acted like a clown and got arrested (again.), we have 2 first round picks chomping at the bit to get on the field and if we cut him we could free up some cap on a team that has re-building to do.

It's the most maddening thing of the off-season for me.

It is a what have you done for me lately league.

Lately, the guy has been bad on and off the field.

Cut the dead weight, him and Maualuga who no longer has his power.
Reply/Quote
Why do you guys have Andre Smith in the offense? Did I miss something?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do you guys have Andre Smith in the offense?  Did I miss something?

Assuming we sign him.

I know that is the mother of all f-ups but it is a prediction and i think a pretty safe one.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Assuming we sign him.

I know that is the mother of all f-ups but it is a prediction and i think a pretty safe one.

We could do better, for cheaper, by signing Byron Bell.  Former UDFA that rose to become a LT, flopped at the position, was picked up by the Titans.  Titans' coaches immediately noticed that he would be strong inside, turned into a good Guard.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We could do better, for cheaper, by signing Byron Bell.  Former UDFA that rose to become a LT, flopped at the position, was picked up by the Titans.  Titans' coaches immediately noticed that he would be strong inside, turned into a good Guard.

I like.

We will see, i could of just been safe and put in Westerman but i wanted to stay somewhat positive.

The reality can be harsh.
Reply/Quote
offense:

Dalton
Hill
Hewitt
Ogbuehi
Boling
Bodine
Siragusa
Fisher
Eifert
Green
LaFell

Defense:

Johnson
Atkins
Sims
Dunlap
Burfict
Maualuga
Vigil
Dennard/Jones
Iloka
Williams
Kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 02:59 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: O

Dalton
Hill
Lafell
Green
Eifert
Boyd

Andre Smith - OT
Boling - LG
Ethan Pocic - C - 3rd Round
Jake Fisher - RG
Ced OB - OT

D

Dunlap - DE
Atkins - DT
Billings - DT
Johnson - DE

Burfict - WLB
Reuben Foster - MLB - 1st Round
Marquis Flowers - SLB

William Jackson -CB
Dre Kirkpatrcik - CB
Williams - S
Iloka - S

Other Key Players: Gio, Hewitt, Westerman, Dennard, Shaw, Adam Jones, Clarke

Draft:

Foster 1
Mixon - 2
Pocic - 3
Malachi Dupre - 4

Fisher has already been told the rt spot is his to lose, and nick vigil has already been names the sam lb.
Reply/Quote

Dalton
Hill
Lafell
Green
Eifert
Boyd

Andre Smith  - OT
Boling - LG
Ethan Pocic - C  -  3rd Round
Jake Fisher - RG
Ced OB - OT

D

Dunlap - DE
Atkins - DT
Billings - DT
Johnson - DE

Burfict - WLB
Marquis Flowers - SLB

William Jackson -CB
Dre Kirkpatrcik - CB
Williams - S
Iloka - S

Other Key Players:  Gio, Hewitt, Westerman, Dennard, Shaw, Adam Jones, Clarke

Draft:

Foster 1
Mixon - 2
Pocic - 3
Malachi Dupre - 4

Why do you have Flowers starting at SAM when they have already announced that will be Vigil?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah bro, it was kind of a mix of what i hope and what i predict happening. All the talk is pointing to a 1st round
Foster pick, 2nd round Mixon. I would like a John Ross/McMillan better or instead of McMillan a pass rusher like Taco
or Walker in the 2nd. We definately need a pass rusher opposite Dunlap that is not the walking tree.

WJ3 i think will be great but i really like Dennard if he can stay healthy as well... and lets never forget about the
versatile Josh Shaw who is an awesome player.

Derron is just such a ballhawk and he can roam like Reggie could. We can use Shawn as a Nickel LB and run stopper
at Safety. I am one that thinks Shawn got a bad rap last year but he is just not the free roaming ballhawk that Derron
is, i think he could be special if he learned how to tackle well.

Walking Tree?  Bwahahaha...Yes, he at least has long limbs to sometimes knock down a pass, but he doesn't rush the passer well.  I really think, on the defense anyways, that a speedy RDE that can create some serious pressure is the missing piece on defense.  You simply can't rely on your front four for pressure when only two of them are capable pass rushers.  That is why I was so happy when Paulie G would dial up the rare safety blitz.  I thought it showed offenses something they weren't used to and helped to generate some pass rush, but it happened so infrequently.

I agree with you about Shaw.  He was an absolute steal in the 4th round.  I am not so sold on Dennard yet, but I am hoping he gets a shot at his outside position.  The guy just isn't a slot CB.  That's Shaw's job.

Williams struggled early on, but progressed throughout the season.  I hope he takes his game to the next level in his second full year as starter under the same coaching staff. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I like it especially no Adam Jones. I'd put in Dennard over WJ3 though.

This has been said before, but just to make sure you are aware of it, the Bengals save an additional $750,000 if Jones is cut after June 1st....I have no idea why or how, but I believe that is the number.  Usually, it seems that the opposite is true, that you save by cutting earlier.  

Regardless, now that Dre is in the fold, I hope he is released.  I don't even want him around for OTA...this team has had tremendous turnover this year and I would like to see new, younger leaders emerge. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This has been said before, but just to make sure you are aware of it, the Bengals save an additional $750,000 if Jones is cut after June 1st....I have no idea why or how, but I believe that is the number.  Usually, it seems that the opposite is true, that you save by cutting earlier.  

Regardless, now that Dre is in the fold, I hope he is released.  I don't even want him around for OTA...this team has had tremendous turnover this year and I would like to see new, younger leaders emerge. 
like it or not, if they were gonna cut him they would have done so already. He will be our number 1 cb week 1. I honestly dont feel one way or the other about it. It just is. I do like how they are playing rookies(bengals definition 3rd year players or less) a lot this year ala vigil, fisher, billings, boyd, ogbuehi, westerman,  etc.
Reply/Quote

Dalton
Hill
Lafell
Green
Eifert
Boyd

Andre Smith  - OT
Boling - LG
Ethan Pocic - C  -  3rd Round
Jake Fisher - RG
Ced OB - OT

D

Dunlap - DE
Atkins - DT
Billings - DT
Johnson - DE

Burfict - WLB
Marquis Flowers - SLB

William Jackson -CB
Dre Kirkpatrcik - CB
Williams - S
Iloka - S

Other Key Players:  Gio, Hewitt, Westerman, Dennard, Shaw, Adam Jones, Clarke

Draft:

Foster 1
Mixon - 2
Pocic - 3
Malachi Dupre - 4

Even if they draft a Center, they will still start Bodine.  Because Bengals.  
Reply/Quote

Not mine.  I'd rather see that money get paid to someone rather than go into Mike Brown's pockets.  You cut him, the Bengals just put that money in their pocket.
Reply/Quote