Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Jan 20th Trump Can Text You
This doesn't sound like something he would abuse.

Quote:It's widely known by now that President-elect Donald Trump prefers to get his message out via Twitter. But after his inauguration on January 20, he could operate a little-used system to send his message to every cellphone in America.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/starting-january-20th-president-elect-131000961.html

The story is short and doesn't tell you it's the emergency alert system they are referring to.
(12-02-2016, 03:01 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: This doesn't sound like something he would abuse.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/starting-january-20th-president-elect-131000961.html

The story is short and doesn't tell you it's the emergency alert system they are referring to.

Interesting. I'd like to know more. But I think we can all agree the more Americans that are informed, the better.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2016, 03:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Interesting. I'd like to know more. But I think we can all agree the more Americans that are informed, the better.

Depends. How factual is the information?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Yeah, I'm sure this is going to end well...
--------------------------------------------------------

(12-02-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Depends. How factual is the information?

There are no facts.

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/11/theres-no-such-thing-any-more-unfortunately-as-facts/509276/

Quote:This morning, straight off the plane from Shanghai, I was on The Diane Rehm Show with Margaret Sullivan, much-missed former Public Editor of the NYT who is now with the WaPo, and Glenn Thrush of Politico. We were talking about how to deal with the unprecedented phenomenon that is Donald Trump, related to the “Trump’s Lies” item I did two days ago.

You can listen to the whole segment here, but I direct your attention to the part starting at time 14:40. That is when Scottie Nell Hughes, Trump stalwart, joins the show to assert that “this is all a matter of opinion” and “there are no such things as facts.”

You can listen again starting at around time 18:30, when I point out one of the specific, small lies of the Trump campaign—that the NFL had joined him in complaining about debate dates, which the NFL immediately denied—and Hughes says: Well, this is also just a matter of opinion. Hughes mentions at time 21:45 that she is a “classically studied journalist,” an assertion that left Glenn Thrush, Margaret Sullivan, Diane Rehm, and me staring at one another in puzzlement, this not being a normal claim in our field.

It’s worth listening in full. This is the world we are now dealing with.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Depends. How factual is the information?

This is why I said I'd like to know more.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Considering this could be brought to you by the people who said it wasn't a lie that Lester Holt was a Democrat because they didn't know he was a registered Republican (in other words, it's not a lie if you just speak out of ignorance), I'm going to guess 'little to none.'
Here's some more info

Quote:You may or may not have voted for him, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be getting texts from him.

With inauguration day inching ever closer, so too does the possibility that Donald J. Trump may one day soon be blowing up your phone — you know, with texts. And if his SMS cadence is anything like his Twitter cadence, we may be in for quite a ride.

No, this isn’t some executive order the new commander in chief is considering implementing. Rather, it’s a system we already have in place, and one that, once in office, President Trump could certainly use if he so chooses. It’s known as the Warning, Alert, and Response Network (WARN) Act, which was passed by Congress in 2006, which allows Wireless Emergency Alerts, or WEAs, to be sent to every single cell phone in the U.S. in the case of a national emergency. In fact, you’ve probably gotten one before — any time your phone buzzes with an Amber Alert or you’re notified of bad weather, you have a WEA to thank.

According to the FCC, an alert can be sent if it involves imminent threats to safety or life, is an Amber Alert, or is one issued by the president. And while you can block the first two, you absolutely cannot do anything about the third — Presidential alerts are here to stay.

Of course, Trump won’t have quite as much control over these alerts as he does over his Twitter feed, as all WEAs must first go through FEMA’s Integrated Public Alert & Warning System. So there are checks and balances in place when it comes to Trump sending mass texts to the whole of the country. Plus, using the WEA system requires quite a bit of training, and does not merely involve pulling out your cell phone, tapping out a message, and pressing “send.”

But if you do get a Trump text in the next couple months, now you’ll know how it came about

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/donald-trump-text/
Trump's first text has been leaked. It's not for a couple years, but...
"Don't forget to tune into RT America tonight at 8 p.m. when I might get to tell no-wall-building-bum Ryan 'you're fired' on Congressional Apprentice!"

It's followed immediately by a second text:
"The White House legal staff issue the following disclaimer: the POTUS and his staff in no way endorse or discredit Paul Ryan or any lawmaker, and being a completely different branch of government realize the POTUS and his staff in no way have authority to fire elected legislators, but instead recognize that elections may or may not have presented an opportunity to use terminology which could be construed in such a way that might mislead to uninformed viewers. Thanks, and don't forget to stay at your favorite Trump owned property!"
"SKYKING do not answer"

"SKYKING do not answer"

"SKYKING do not answer"

"SKYKING do not answer"
Every 3am we are going to get a motivational quote from Trump.

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(12-03-2016, 12:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Every 3am we are going to get a motivational quote from Trump.

I think that was Lincoln's campaign slogan, wasn't it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-03-2016, 10:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think that was Lincoln's campaign slogan, wasn't it?

I believe it was 

[Image: CbDZPASUcAAIFWc.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Somehow Yahoo was missing the accompanying video. Here's the original link

http://www.businessinsider.com/president-elect-trump-text-america-fema-emergency-alert-system-2016-11
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 15267941_1666719096951727_32910899377918...e=58F2C6B7]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]