Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stat about Seattle's D since Chancellor's return
From Bengals.com:

"Not only that, in the 18 possessions Chancellor has been back, Seattle hasn’t given up a TD."

That's two games.  Wow. 

Granted, the Bears and Lions aren't setting the league on fire and those were both home games, but that is an impressive stat nonetheless. 

So, when Dalton and Co. hangs a 28 on them, I wonder if people will still say they are doing it against inferior defenses?  Rolleyes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From Bengals.com:

"Not only that, in the 18 possessions Chancellor has been back, Seattle hasn’t given up a TD."

That's two games.  Wow. 

Granted, the Bears and Lions aren't setting the league on fire and those were both home games, but that is an impressive stat nonetheless. 

So, when Dalton and Co. hangs a 28 on them, I wonder if people will still say they are doing it against inferior defenses?  Rolleyes

Seattle's defense is the real deal.

We have to eliminate the penalties (holding and false starts) on offense if we expect our offense to have a good day.

Seattle defense has played at an elite level since Cam returned so AD and company has a tough task this week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but not impressed. Jimmy clauson is flat out horrible and shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. The lions have looked horrible all year as well, so while it's a cool to throw around let's not act like Chancellor is carrying this defense on his back. They run a lot of man to man, meaning their other guys were beaten up too in those first two games as it wasn't only a TE and HB killing them.
Reply/Quote
Their DBs and D-line are definitely noticeably different units than their SB winning squad. They still have a lot of excellent players though, but it's not the same feared defense as it was for the past few seasons.

Let's also not forget that Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn are both gone as well. Their old DB coach that was promoted is very green, and the step up from position coach to a coordinator position doesn't always translate well. He has a lot of talent to work with, but nothing like what they had just 2-3 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:22 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Their DBs and D-line are definitely noticeably different units than their SB winning squad. They still have a lot of excellent players though, but it's not the same feared defense as it was for the past few seasons.

Let's also not forget that Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn are both gone as well. Their old DB coach that was promoted is very green, and the step up from position coach to a coordinator position doesn't always translate well. He has a lot of talent to work with, but nothing like what they had just 2-3 years ago.

After 4 games, Seattle is ranked #2 in yards allowed per game (279 yards).
They give up only 190 yards passing per game. They did play Clausen, they also played Rodgers.
They are tied for 3rd in points allowed (17.8)

It is a fact no TD's allowed since Cam returned.
The Bears offense was struggling no doubt, but the Lions offense has a ton of weapons including Calvin Johnson and they shut them down.

Fans can choose to down play this all they want, but the Seattle defense is playing as well in 2015 as they were in 2014 and 2013 after 4 games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Meh the Bears and Lions will be competing for last place in the NFC North. Seattle has to play a real team this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Chancellor back has helped, but the Lions and Bears have terrible Offenses' right now. They will have to play
a team this weeked at home that has a very good O-line, possibly the most stacked weapons in the league
and a QB that has immense confidence and has improved in every aspect.

We just need to cut back on the penalties on Offense and we should win this one going away.

ST's is the only place i think we could get beat with Lockett returning. Need to tackle better, that is all.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: After 4 games, Seattle is ranked #2 in yards allowed per game (279 yards).
They give up only 190 yards passing per game. They did play Clausen, they also played Rodgers.

The Bears offense was struggling no doubt, but the Lions offense has a ton of weapons including Calvin Johnson and they shut them down.

Fans can choose to down play this all they want, but the Seattle defense is playing as well in 2015 as they were in 2014 and 2013 after 4 games.

Total defense stats can be really skewed when teams haven't even played half of a season yet.

I think this is good competition, but it's hardly like playing the 2013 Seahawks defense. Some people are acting like it is so they can claim we're an unstoppable powerhouse if our offense puts up some points against them. On the other hand, there are fans that will really downplay their defense way too much so they can act like it's no big deal if the Bengals score a lot.

In reality, we should probably look somewhere in between to make our conclusions. This Seattle defense is probably pretty darn good, but probably not elite as they once were. It will still be a good test and it will absolutely be impressive if Andy and company look great yet again.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 12:48 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Total defense stats can be really skewed when teams haven't even played half of a season yet.

I think this is good competition, but it's hardly like playing the 2013 Seahawks defense. Some people are acting like it is so they can claim we're an unstoppable powerhouse if our offense puts up some points against them. On the other hand, there are fans that will really downplay their defense way too much so they can act like it's no big deal if the Bengals score a lot.

In reality, we should probably look somewhere in between to make our conclusions. This Seattle defense is probably pretty darn good, but probably not elite as they once were. It will still be a good test and it will absolutely be impressive if Andy and company look great yet again.

Their defense relies a lot more on their pass rush than the 13 squad did.
Why? because Cary Williams is terrible and can be exploited. 

They can't double AJ and whomever we put at WR2, be it Jones or Sanu. 

Kam will have to cover Eifert, not even Bobby Wagner can cover him as a LB.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: After 4 games, Seattle is ranked #2 in yards allowed per game (279 yards).

They are a very good unit.  In four games they have faced Rodgers and Stafford who is usually good for about 4500 yards per season.  To only average giving up 190 yards per game is impressive.  Not giving up a touchdown in the last two games is impressive.  If Dalton and Company are able to score, and win this game, it will be an extremely good omen for the rest of this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 12:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Their defense relies a lot more on their pass rush than the 13 squad did.

I am looking for Eifert to have a big game.
Reply/Quote
Oh Seattle is no pushover to say the least. But we most definitely can win this game. Seattle's defense while still good isn't the same thing it was 2 years ago. And Seattle's offense isn't all that. In fact if Lynch isn't playing it's leaning hard towards bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 01:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh Seattle is no pushover to say the least. But we most definitely can win this game. Seattle's defense while still good isn't the same thing it was 2 years ago. And Seattle's offense isn't all that. In fact if Lynch isn't playing it's leaning hard towards bad.

I am concerned about Jimmy Graham and also Wilson scrambling to extend plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 01:23 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am concerned about Jimmy Graham and also Wilson scrambling to extend plays.

Oh there's no doubt about that, but I think we can. I'd say they'll have a spy on Wilson on many plays. Whether Lynch is back and at 100% is a major factor as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 12:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Their defense relies a lot more on their pass rush than the 13 squad did.

Yeah, Williams is bad. Seattle had pretty good CBs going like 4 deep into their depth chart in the past, now they have Sherman and some questionable pass defenders. I'll be interested to see how they plan to attack the Bengals offense with the many weapons we have available.

(10-08-2015, 01:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh Seattle is no pushover to say the least. But we most definitely can win this game. Seattle's defense while still good isn't the same thing it was 2 years ago. And Seattle's offense isn't all that. In fact if Lynch isn't playing it's leaning hard towards bad.

Yeah I have no idea why some are pretending that Seattle's D is still what they once were. This isn't the same group of guys that won them a Super Bowl. They're good though, and it will be nice to see our offense play against one of the better defenses even if they aren't the absolute best anymore.

(10-08-2015, 01:23 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am concerned about Jimmy Graham and also Wilson scrambling to extend plays.

I said it in another thread, I'm actually more concerned with our D going against their O than the other way around. I think Andy and the gang can put up points on them, I'm just not so sure that our LBs won't get exploited in coverage by Seattle's offensive scheming.
Reply/Quote

The Bears just weren't struggling that week, but we're starting Clausen and Fox was ultra conservative.

The Lions may have a bunch of weapons, but holy hell that offense is terrible. It must be the OC, but the offense was trash last year, as they were carried by their defense, and is even worse this year.

Seattle's defense is top tier no doubt, but they can be exploited. I also think it's a bit much to give all the credit to Kam like many are doing.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seattle's D is the real deal.

So is the Bengals offense !

Let Seattle's D deal with that and then let the chips fall where they may.

Like the Bengals chances even understanding how dangerous the chicken hawks are.

But "Not In Our HOUSE !"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 01:43 PM)MrRager Wrote: The Bears just weren't struggling that week, but we're starting Clausen and Fox was ultra conservative.

The Lions may have a bunch of weapons, but holy hell that offense is terrible. It must be the OC, but the offense was trash last year, as they were carried by their defense, and is even worse this year.

Seattle's defense is top tier no doubt, but they can be exploited. I also think it's a bit much to give all the credit to Kam like many are doing.

Yeah, one player does not make that much of a difference for sure.

Hey, i actually have liked what Shawn Williams has done in place of Iloka but if George is healthy, i want him out there.

A healthy Iloka actually reminds me of Kam Chancellor except Iloka can actually cover better.

The best Safety on that team is Earl Thomas BTW.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, one player does not make that much of a difference for sure.

Hey, i actually have liked what Shawn Williams has done in place of Iloka but if George is healthy, i want him out there.

A healthy Iloka actually reminds me of Kam Chancellor except Iloka can actually cover better.

The best Safety on that team is Earl Thomas BTW.

A healthy Geno Atkins makes that kind of difference in our defense.  We have a better rotation now, yeah, but is it any coincidence that Geno is back to full strength and our pass rush is more than twice as good as last year?
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Confused Seattle defense holds opponents out of end zone= good defense per analysts

Confused Bengals defense holds opponent out of endzone= defense sucks per jungle noisers.

Confused
Reply/Quote