Poll: Where do you see the Bengals as of now?
No Worries. We're Super Bowl bound
Playoff contender, but not quite sure about Super Bowl
We'll win a playoff game
We'll make the playoffs but go 1 and done again..
Playoffs? Don't talk about Playoffs! I hope we can just win another game!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Bengals end of week 11?
After 2 very close losses and falling to 8-2 on the season where do you see the Bengals right now?

Remaining Schedule
vs Rams
@Cle
vs Pit
@ SF (SNF possibly flexed to 4:15)
@Den (MNF)
vs Bal
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:30 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: After 2 very close losses and falling to 8-2 on the season where do you see the Bengals right now?

Remaining Schedule
vs Rams
@Cle
vs Pit
@Den (MNF)
vs Bal

They are going to win out and be 14 - 2.  I hope these two losses serve as fuel to make them play to their full potential. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see them going deep in the playoffs. 8-2 is a great record. Button some things up and they will be fine. They could be 10-0 right now if both games their last drives were tds. They have not been blown out yet. Good football team!
Reply/Quote
If the core group stays healthy then this team can win it all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Isn't it great how after 8 straight wins, people were like "Bengals are Super Bowl bound!" and now after 2 losses, people are like "Bengals will be lucky to even make the playoffs'?

[expletive deleted] fickle football fans. :snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 07:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Isn't it great how after 8 straight wins, people were like "Bengals are Super Bowl bound!" and now after 2 losses, people are like "Bengals will be lucky to even make the playoffs'?

[expletive deleted] fickle football fans. :snark:

Not really. Primetime football is as close to playoff football as you can get. A dress rehearsal of sorts. I don't blame anyone for having doubts. We keep losing the big games. 

Reply/Quote
MNF concerned me a little....but last night was a see saw match that saw our opponent with the ball last. There were sime coaching issues...but otherwise it was a good effort. We'll be ok...but I'm not sure we're Super Bowl material. Basically, my position hasn't changed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think we are who they say we are. A good regular season/1pm team that lacks the coaching and make up to get over the hump. The North is up for grabs with the Steelers healthy and looking unstoppable on offense. We'll likely make the playoffs (possibly as a wildcard), but it's hard to imagine a different outcome then the previous 4 trips.

I see 3 more losses. Rams. Pit, and Denver. All have strong Dlines, and we've shown our offensive line can't pass block or run block against strong fronts.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Houston game was ugly, but this game was just a hard fought battle.

If teams were meant to win every game in a season, there would be more than 1 undefeated team in the history of the NFL.

This game did not match the narrative of the Bengals that so many people are spouting; that they are primetime chokers or that they are only good against bad teams.

We traveled to a really good team (they really should be undefeated) on a short week and we were one pylon away from winning.

They didn't play perfect nor did they look great the entire game. The 3rd quarter has been an issue for this team seemingly all season and it can be frustrating watching them throw away a half time lead so quickly, but they fought back and were able to tie it, even though we faltered in the following drive.

I know people aren't really interested in hearing this, but a competitive loss is better than a blowout. And no one has blown the Bengals out this season.

We have two losses by a total of 7 points. We'll come back next week and beat the Rams, get to 9-2 and the Steelers will likely fall to 6-5 versus the Seahawks.

I know it is frustrating to fall 2 games in a row, but just remember that we built up an 8-0 start. That start has given us a lot of leeway exactly for this type of situation.

If, in September, you told me we'd be 8-2 and undefeated in the division after week 10, I would be ecstatic.

Why, all of a sudden, is that a bad record?
Reply/Quote
I voted one and done in the playoffs again. I still haven't seen anything from this coaching staff to change my mind on that.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
We played a very good team, on their own field and lost by 3 points on a last second field goal. We could have easily folded when we were down by 14 and didn't. We will still win the AFC north and will maintain 2nd seed because there is no way in hell that Denver wins out.

I am a bit concerned over our secondary...is it time to revisit that Uzomah to guard Gronk idea

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We need to get hot now... We've been backing into the playoffs, and its gotten us no where.. It all about how you go into the post season.
Reply/Quote
Anyone who is talking about Wild Card or missing the playoffs needs to back up off the ledge... the Houston game was concerning, although their defense has suddenly come to life and is no cake walk.  Last night was a hard fought game against one of the best teams in the NFL.  How many times was it said "this could be a Super Bowl preview"?  Personally, I don't agree with that because I think getting past New England is going to be next to impossible, but this is still a very good team.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about the poll options but this is still a top 5 team.
Reply/Quote
Tomorrow's NFL rankings will have us 4th...Pats, Carolina, Cards, us...you're looking at the championship games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 12:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Anyone who is talking about Wild Card or missing the playoffs needs to back up off the ledge... the Houston game was concerning, although their defense has suddenly come to life and is no cake walk.  Last night was a hard fought game against one of the best teams in the NFL.  How many times was it said "this could be a Super Bowl preview"?  Personally, I don't agree with that because I think getting past New England is going to be next to impossible, but this is still a very good team.

We're not missing the playoffs, but the game against Pitt will likely be for the North, and they at this time look like the more complete team with Big Ben healthy and that offense clicking (hey we couldn't stop Palmer, and his no name receivers). It's not far fetched to think we get in via the wild card. Even if that seems like a letdown after the 8-0 start. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost the north. The Steelers aren't that far behind us with a game against us left. They don't look like they are losing anytime soon.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 12:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: We're not missing the playoffs, but the game against Pitt will likely be for the North, and they at this time look like the more complete team with Big Ben healthy and that offense clicking (hey we couldn't stop Palmer, and his no name receivers). It's not far fetched to think we get in via the wild card. Even if that seems like a letdown after the 8-0 start. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost the north. The Steelers aren't that far behind us with a game against us left. They don't look like they are losing anytime soon.

I just completely disagree.  They have four games left that they could easily lose (Seattle, Bengals, Denver, Indianapolis).  I say the Bengals have two possible losses (Pittsburgh and Denver).  Right now the Bengals have a two game lead and the tie breaker.

The Cardinals are not "no name receivers" and the secondary was decimated... no Adam Jones, no Dennard in the second half, no Shawn Williams in the second half, no Reggie Nelson for extended periods in the second half.  The Cardinals are a very good team, probably the best team in the NFC.
Reply/Quote
I dont see how anyone can be that upset of devestated about losing a well fought game by 3 points to the home team that is also a very good team.

Mistakes were made but rarely are prefect games played in the NFL. the put themselves in a position late to take it to OT... the cardinals managed some yards when it mattered the most.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 12:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont see how anyone can be that upset of devestated about losing a well fought game by 3 points to the home team that is also a very good team.

Mistakes were made but rarely are prefect games played in the NFL.  the put themselves in a position late to take it to OT... the cardinals managed some yards when it mattered the most.

I completely agree with you.  They lost, on the road, to what is easily the second best team in the NFC.  The sky is not falling...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:30 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: After 2 very close losses and falling to 8-2 on the season where do you see the Bengals right now?

Remaining Schedule
vs Rams
@Cle
vs Pit
@Den (MNF)
vs Bal

So our remaining schedule is this:

Nick Foles/Sean Mannion
Johnny Manziel
Big Ben
Blaine Gabbert
Brock Osweiler
Matt Schaub
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote