Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement Game
(09-17-2016, 04:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The regular season definitely does matter, it builds confidence for the post season. You don't think the habitual regular season losses to Pitt played a role in the teams psychie going into that game? Of course it did, and beating the Steelers convincingly two times this season would definitely garner confidence heading into a third matchup (if there had to be one). Why be chippy when you have beaten a team convincingly twice? They would have all the reason to be chippy, not us. Not all NFL players are stonecold emotionless slaves, they ride the ups and downs of the regular season, hence the finish we had last year....

So in conclusion, what the Bengals do in the regular season does in fact matter because it has implications on how well the team plays in the post season. Buying into that "nothing matter" narrative only fuels the mental issues this team suffers from.

Of course it matters. Doesn't mean it will prove anything though and that is what this discussion is about if I'm not mistaken...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 05:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Of course it matters. Doesn't mean it will prove anything though and that is what this discussion is about if I'm not mistaken...

It's cool, I get it, nothing but a playoff win can prove anything to YOU PERSONALLY. I feel bad for people like you, the regular season must be boring.

As for me, and the others like me, this team can prove plenty by beating the Steelers by double digits. It would prove that there is no reason to be chippy with them, it would prove that we are the better team, deserve the champion belt we own, and aren't some "little brother to Pittsburgh". Someone eluded to how it had been 21 years since we had beat them by 10 or more points... this team has an opportunity to prove plenty of things Sunday in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 05:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's cool, I get it, nothing but a playoff win can prove anything to YOU PERSONALLY. I feel bad for people like you, the regular season must be boring.

As for me, and the others like me, this team can prove plenty by beating the Steelers by double digits. It would prove that there is no reason to be chippy with them, it would prove that we are the better team, deserve the champion belt we own, and aren't some "little brother to Pittsburgh". Someone eluded to how it had been 21 years since we had beat them by 10 or more points... this team has an opportunity to prove plenty of things Sunday in my eyes.

It's cool, I get it, the Bengals still need to prove something to YOU PERSONALLY. I feel bad for people like you, still don't believe. 

For me personally, this team has proven everything possible in the regular season. The only thing they haven't already shown in my eyes is that they can show up prepared and play well and disciplined for 60 mins in the playoffs. And no I love the regular season because I EXPECT this team to go out and play well each and every week and the majority of the time they deliver. It's fun to watch a good team play that way! 

And for the record I'm not bashing them, I fully expect this will be the year they get that playoff win and then some, but if we are talking about proving something then that is the only thing that this team hasn't already proven IMO
Reply/Quote
You know what would be a bigger statement?

Whip that ass in their house... and then say nothing.

No extra celebration. No twitter smack. No over the top interviews.

Just silence. From Adam to Burfict and all points in between.

Walk away with a shit eatin' grin and move on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 05:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Walk away with a shit eatin' grin and move on.

Like I did when I left coltsfan's mom's house.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 05:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It's cool, I get it, the Bengals still need to prove something to YOU PERSONALLY. I feel bad for people like you, still don't believe. 

For me personally, this team has proven everything possible in the regular season. The only thing they haven't already shown in my eyes is that they can show up prepared and play well and disciplined for 60 mins in the playoffs. And no I love the regular season because I EXPECT this team to go out and play well each and every week and the majority of the time they deliver. It's fun to watch a good team play that way! 

And for the record I'm not bashing them, I fully expect this will be the year they get that playoff win and then some, but if we are talking about proving something then that is the only thing that this team hasn't already proven IMO

The fact that you feel the need to mimic and mock me makes me feel it is you who indeed has their panties in a bunch.

They haven't proven they can beat Pittsburgh by more than 10, that's fact.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 05:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Like I did when I left coltsfan's mom's house.
All of these years and I had no idea that Beaker was Jake Delhomme.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The only statement I want Sunday is for the Bengals D to shut down Ben, Brown, and Williams. That would be sweet.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 05:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You know what would be a bigger statement?

Whip that ass in their house...  and then say nothing.

No extra celebration.  No twitter smack.  No over the top interviews.

Just silence.  From Adam to Burfict and all points in between.

Walk away with a shit eatin' grin and move on.

Exactly what they need to do.

**** Pittsburgh.....
Reply/Quote
Alright my Cards just made their statement game.

Super LaMario for Heisman !

Now time for the Bengals to do the same.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 09:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Alright my Cards just made their statement game.

I was thinking about you watching the game.  Figured you were carrying on watching it!  Never saw a team beat down FSU like they did today!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 09:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Alright my Cards just made their statement game.

They looked amazing Cards.  Nice to see a regional team take down a highly ranked Fla State team so convincingly.  Truly a statement game.
Reply/Quote
I won't sleep tonight. Yawn
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

I didn't actually watch the game (don't watch much college) but saw the score. Gonna have to check out that QB you guys have down there, he must be something special. Hope he keeps it up for you!
Reply/Quote

Louisville osu championship??
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 04:06 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes yes, its a statement game thread, there always has to be one!  ThumbsUp

To me, Dalton can prove a TON, with a huge game Sunday.

I know it's hard to imagine the Bengals winning by two scores, hell its hard to imagine them winning by more than 3 points. That being said, it would do wonders for Dalton and the Bengals image to get a BIG WIN over the Steelers. Sure, sure, a win is all I'm asking for, but just imagine for a second what would happen if we won say 35-17.

It has been SO long since the Bengals have beat the Steelers convincingly. A lot of people are putting the emphasis on our defense and "not making mistakes.", but to me, this game is way more about the offense taking command.

Speaking of making statements, how cool would it be for Tyler Boyd to just rip it up this Sunday. I think the kid will play huge on this stage. He wants to make an impression, and he wants to make it on Pittsburgh for not choosing him. I can only assume he was a huge Pittsburgh fan, hell, he probably was happy when we lost last year. Nothing like sticking it to them like having a huge day at their home stadium.

People used to give us no chance against the Steelers, slowly, we have convinced people that we can hang with them and that the games are always close. Now its time to take the next step and show that we are indeed the better team. A loss against Pittsburgh, and nobody will think anything of it, a regular hard nosed win, and we will have been "lucky".... a win by 14+ points would really shut everyone up.
Reply/Quote