Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, my hometown team that I rooted for before Mike ran them and that I will continue to root for when Mike Brown is gone.

How can you call Mike Brown a "constant" when I was rooting for the Bengals before he ran them?

This is one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen posted here, and that is saying a lot.

You're a Mike Brown fan. It takes one to know one right, just trying to imitate most of your posts. You think most of us have lived in Cincy - lol.

Mike Brown is the only constant.

There are always exceptions to the rule, like you, that don't need to be discussed. There is no Cincy Bengals there is Mike Brown. Based on your hypocrisy, you wouldn't be a "bengals" fan if they moved then. We're all fans of a loser, until this guy leaves.

Would any other sports team want Mike Brown or Zac Taylor in their organization running things? It's masochistic to be a Bungles fan and you're blind if you don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:36 PM)Tony Wrote: Stop,  they arent even close to KC... The ravens are average.  The struggled mightily against th good teams and beat all the bad ones...

I say if we get Chase and fix the OL, we can absolutely score at will.  That would allow us to hang with all the big boys.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 07:26 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You're a Mike Brown fan. It takes one to know one right, just trying to imitate most of your posts. You think most of us have lived in Cincy - lol.

Mike Brown is the only constant.

There are always exceptions to the rule, like you, that don't need to be discussed. There is no Cincy Bengals there is Mike Brown. Based on your hypocrisy, you wouldn't be a "bengals" fan if they moved then. We're all fans of a loser, until this guy leaves.

Would any other sports team want Mike Brown or Zac Taylor in their organization running things? It's masochistic to be a Bungles fan and you're blind if you don't think so.

That word should result in a good flogging.  I will never EVER understand a Bengals fan typing that.  Literally makes my stomach turn.  
Reply/Quote
Shame MIkes message to the good fans of this franchise couldn't be more like the Jags owners message to theirs. Mike should have put a fire under zac and done what the lions owners did and expect them to be competing in meaningful games in December.

Its bad news when juju dancing on the logo motivated this team as much as some of these coaches.

Do we know how many injuries it takes before bad coaches get a free pass?? Is it based on a points system?? I.e qb out = 10 points towards being brought back. As some have mentioned other teams handle injuries whilst maintaining an element of competitiveness.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:17 AM)Qb7boomer Wrote: Shame MIkes message to the good fans of this franchise couldn't be more like the Jags owners message to theirs. Mike should have put a fire under zac and done what the lions owners did and expect them to be competing in meaningful games in December.

Its bad news when juju dancing on the logo motivated this team as much as some of these coaches.

Do we know how many injuries it takes before bad coaches get a free pass?? Is it based on a points system?? I.e qb out = 10 points towards being brought back. As some have mentioned other teams handle injuries whilst maintaining an element of competitiveness.

I imagine that number is all based on context.  But I’d say if your QB, RB, LT, RT, G, DL, CB, LB all get injured then you likely can’t succeed even if you’re Bill B or Andy Reid.  There’s only so much coaching can do.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 07:55 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: That word should result in a good flogging.  I will never EVER understand a Bengals fan typing that.  Literally makes my stomach turn.  

Bungles. Not a true fan unless you don't face the truth. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:21 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I imagine that number is all based on context.  But I’d say if your QB, RB, LT, RT, G, DL, CB, LB all get injured then you likely can’t succeed even if you’re Bill B or Andy Reid.  There’s only so much coaching can do.  

You're right, every super bowl team has never had any of their backups play, they made it their without injury.

Cough, foles, cough.

Someone who is new to armchair quaterbacking would say this. ONly person in the forum backing Zac Taylor, I present to you, WildCat - holding hands with Freddie Toast.

You are a Bungles fan, someone who is used to below mediocrity, I get it, you're brain washed from Marvin Lewis years. Mike Brown owns you.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You're right, every super bowl team has never had any of their backups play, they made it their without injury.

Cough, foles, cough.

Someone who is new to armchair quaterbacking would say this. ONly person in the forum backing Zac Taylor, I present to you, WildCat - holding hands with Freddie Toast.

Wtf?  We didn’t only lose our QB.  And no, our talent level did NOT rival Philly’s SB winning team.  Get real.

I’m also not the only person defending ZT.  There are others out there.  Even if you aren’t the biggest fan, you’re stuck with him anyways.  How will being negative help your overall disposition?  It’ll obviously not change what the Bengals do.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You're right, every super bowl team has never had any of their backups play, they made it their without injury.

Cough, foles, cough.

You are a Bungles fan, someone who is used to below mediocrity, I get it, you're brain washed from Marvin Lewis years. Mike Brown owns you.

What the blank are you? You're still here following the team when you live in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote

Cough, foles, cough.

There you go saying Bungles again.  Disgusting, and you should be ashamed.

Also, I’m a father of three kids, two daughters.  They own me.  Football doesn’t affect my life other than being entertainment.   

I’m a Kentucky Wildcats fan as well, so I know what winning feels like.  I believe the BENGALS (only way to spell it) will soon know what winning feels like, too.  Whether it be with ZT at the helm or someone else, I do see Burrow in a #9 Bengals jersey hoisting a Lombardi.  He’s special.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 07:54 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I say if we get Chase and fix the OL, we can absolutely score at will.  That would allow us to hang with all the big boys.

Chase would be nice, but new quality FA acquisitions at RG and RT would pretty much allow the running game to control the pace of the game. Even without Mixon, Gio and Perine (I've become a huge fan of his this season) have shown they can carry the load. Add Mixon back into the mix with a mauler at RG and I think this team can play with any team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase would be nice, but new quality FA acquisitions at RG and RT would pretty much allow the running game to control the pace of the game. Even without Mixon, Gio and Perine (I've become a huge fan of his this season) have shown they can carry the load. Add Mixon back into the mix with a mauler at RG and I think this team can play with any team in the league.

...but not with a defense which can’t cover and can’t tackle...

Load up the offense all you want but without seriously rebuilding the defense it will be a waste.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase would be nice, but new quality FA acquisitions at RG and RT would pretty much allow the running game to control the pace of the game. Even without Mixon, Gio and Perine (I've become a huge fan of his this season) have shown they can carry the load. Add Mixon back into the mix with a mauler at RG and I think this team can play with any team in the league.

Definitely.  I do think the OL is the biggest need (a big ole’ duh there, I know) and to your point, Mixon will really shine.  I know Gio and Perine both did well, but Mixon is simply the most gifted RB in the room.  We really haven’t been able to see what he’s truly capable of with a good OL.  I really look forward to that happening.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...but not with a defense which can’t cover and can’t tackle...

Load up the offense all you want but without seriously rebuilding the defense it will be a waste.

I’m not so sure.  I do get what you’re saying, but at the same time it’s such an offensive league now.  If you build a potent offense that scores on most drives, you simply need a defense capable of getting stops every so often.  I’m of the opinion that you get your offense really humming and then start building defense.

But in any case, our defense (WHEN HEALTHY... NOT WHAT WE SAW THIS YEAR) could stop offenses enough to where if our Offense scored more they’d be perfectly fine.  Heck, we stopped the ravens on a few drives last week.  We just simply couldn’t do anything at all on the Offensive side, which meant our D got gassed from being out there the whole game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...but not with a defense which can’t cover and can’t tackle...

If we get our starters back, this defense is not as bad as many make it out to be. Of course they will look bad in games like the Ravens, when the offense struggles to convert 3rd downs and the defense can't get off the field. Jackson/Phillips, Waynes, Alexander= Way > than Sims, Davis and whoever else they filled in with back there.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If we get our starters back, this defense is not as bad as many make it out to be. Of course they will look bad in games like the Ravens, when the offense struggles to convert 3rd downs and the defense can't get off the field. Jackson/Phillips, Waynes, Alexander= Way > than Sims, Davis and whoever else they filled in with back there.

Feels like we say this every year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:53 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Feels like we say this every year.

Injuries seem to hit the Bengals quite often, but no one who is the least bit objective could say they weren't just devastating to this team this year. Especially on defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:53 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Feels like we say this every year.

It feels that way to me as well, and it’s oh-so-frustrating.  But I’m not gonna call it what it’s not.  I’m just hopeful it means we’re due for a mostly healthy season!
Reply/Quote
After reading Mike Brown's statement on Monday, I couldn't help feeling he was being spiteful and blaming the fans for the Bengals horrible season.

"Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago, and that is what we aimed to do in hiring a bright, energetic head coach in Zac Taylor."

It is well known Brown did not want to fire Lewis after the 2018 season and did so reluctantly. This statement and lack of any major moves after this season feels like Mike Brown saying "You asked for it now live with it" 

God knows the guy doesn't know what it's like to run a winning organization so he's doing what he's always been doing since taking over the Bengals.

I just find it complete BS that every other team in our division made the playoffs and we weren't close to competing and yet keep things status quo going into 2021 season.
Reply/Quote
Discussed at length here (starting at post #39)

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Statement-from-Mike-Brown-Zac-is-back?page=2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote